Help Please...am I Starting To Bald..?

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
So long story short, i completely shaved my head to understand the temple hairloss i was having.But it seems like hair is thinning at the top of my head too.I started noticing the hairfall after i had a anxiety period.So, these are the photos after 2 weeks of hair growth.This was taken under bright fluoroscent light.As you can see my scalp is clearly visible under the light.I wanna know is it a sign of balding or just my anxiety.And another thing is my skin near the temple seems scaly as you can see in the picture, is it a skin condition or something.You can see more photos my temple in my first post.I am 24 years old.What is your opinion on this.Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_110140.jpg
    IMG_20190712_110140.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_20190712_110113.jpg
    IMG_20190712_110113.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20190712_110019.jpg
    IMG_20190712_110019.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_20190712_110046.jpg
    IMG_20190712_110046.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the 1st pic looks like youre balding or diffuse thinning

but the 3rd pic shows youre good with no hairloss so maybe its the angle of your hairs that are sticking straight up which give the impression of thin hair

if your hair line starts to thin out and diffuse then its time to get on finasteride.

and how does your hair look grown out?

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
the 1st pic looks like youre balding or diffuse thinning

but the 3rd pic shows youre good with no hairloss so maybe its the angle of your hairs that are sticking straight up which give the impression of thin hair

if your hair line starts to thin out and diffuse then its time to get on finasteride.

and how does your hair look grown out?
Thanx for the reply mate :)
Yeah.I also think the angle of the hairs is highlighting the scalp in the picture.Btw with full growth, nobody said anything about my scalp being visible.I think my hair follicles are spaced in the sides too as you can see in 3rd picture.Btw, what do you think about the temple recession and the scaly skin ?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning for 100% Hairline looks saved so finasteride probably gonna work for some years if not many years.

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Sides are least affected in baldness. But your sides are affected ,not as much as top.but yes. Sides do get male pattern baldness
Ohh.Clearly i am unlucky.Btw it isnt as bad as it looks in the pictures.It was taken under very bright light.Btw what is your opinion about oil treatment with extracts like aloevera,gooseberry etc added.Will it help in holding onto the rest of my hairs.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohh.Clearly i am unlucky.Btw it isnt as bad as it looks in the pictures.It was taken under very bright light.Btw what is your opinion about oil treatment with extracts like aloevera,gooseberry etc added.Will it help in holding onto the rest of my hairs.
Anecdotal evidence says yes! Oiling the scalp is helpful. Remember oil the scalp not hairs. Best luck!!

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re balding in a Norwood 6 pattern. You will be slick bald if you do not get on finasteride. You have two choices. Either shave it off and forget about hair, or grow it out and get on finasteride

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re balding in a Norwood 6 pattern. You will be slick bald if you do not get on finasteride. You have two choices. Either shave it off and forget about hair, or grow it out and get on finasteride
Nah,it isnt that bad as it seems.Nobody mentioned about my scalp being visible before shaving my head.The bright flouroscent light is highlighting the issue.There is diffused thinning at the top and sides for sure and i think i am at norwood 2.Btw, as i mentioned i dont really wanna mess with the hormones.Will try the oil treatment soon.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah,it isnt that bad as it seems.Nobody mentioned about my scalp being visible before shaving my head.The bright flouroscent light is highlighting the issue.There is diffused thinning at the tp and sides for sure and i think i am at norwood 2.Btw, as i mentioned i dont really wanna mess with the hormones.Will try the oil treatment soon.
You’re in the early stages, but your final pattern is a Norwood 6. One day you will be a slick bald Norwood 6; it can be in two years or 10 years. But it will most certainly happen if you don’t get on finasteride. That’s the reality.

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re in the early stages, but your final pattern is a Norwood 6. One day you will be a slick bald Norwood 6; it can be in two years or 10 years. But it will most certainly happen if you don’t get on finasteride. That’s the reality.
Ohh.Quite unlucky it seems.I dont even have proper beard growth or body hair.Only patches of small neckbeards.Heard it was a sign of low dht.Then what could be causing my balding.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohh.Quite unlucky it seems.I dont even have proper beard growth or body hair.Only patches of small neckbeards.Heard it was a sign of low dht.Then what could be causing my balding.
I started developing your exact pattern at the age of 16. I was able to conceal it with long hair till 22. Hair became too thin by 24. Got on treatment at 24, and have been recovering so far. There is hope with treatment.

Nishan Zulfi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started developing your exact pattern at the age of 16. I was able to conceal it with long hair till 22. Hair became too thin by 24. Got on treatment at 24, and have been recovering so far. There is hope with treatment.
What do you use..finasteride ?
Experienced any side effects ?

man12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So long story short, i completely shaved my head to understand the temple hairloss i was having.But it seems like hair is thinning at the top of my head too.I started noticing the hairfall after i had a anxiety period.So, these are the photos after 2 weeks of hair growth.This was taken under bright fluoroscent light.As you can see my scalp is clearly visible under the light.I wanna know is it a sign of balding or just my anxiety.And another thing is my skin near the temple seems scaly as you can see in the picture, is it a skin condition or something.You can see more photos my temple in my first post.I am 24 years old.What is your opinion on this.Any help is much appreciated.
You can't really tell man, you could have less dense hair naturally like that or you could be balding.. the first pic shows that you're balding, the third one shows you have healthy hair. maybe you can take other pictures in diff conditions r tell us if you've been noticing a lot of shedding recently or itching scalp or anything ? how did your hair look like before ? in my opinion your hair is fine, you are most likely balding yes but it looks like it gonna take you many years, it can take up to 25 years you know ? my father experienced this diffuse thinning on top in his 30s now he is 60 and he still have full head of hair, less dense ofcourse but he still has good amount of hair, you can't tell he is balding