Help! Nothing Working, Almost At Rock Bottom

24yearthinner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.. here it goes..

I’m currently 24 years old, have been thinning on top on my scalp since age 17 and thinning over the entire scalp since age 20.

Have been on 1mg generic finasteride daily for 2+ years, Minoxidil (rogain extra strength) 2-3 times daily 2+ Years, Dutasteride (Avodart) daily approximately 11 months, Nizoral 2% twice weekly for approximately 2 years, supplementing 5000mcg of biotin, hair skin and nails vitamin, Men’s Multivitamin, vitamin c 2000mg and B complex vitamin all daily for approximately a year.

My hair has continued to get worse and worse, have been using concealers everyday for 12 months and have not left the house without a hat on since the age of 17. Have been to 5+ doctors and 3 dermatologist’s none of which have been any help, I have had a complete set of blood tests done multipul times and checked for any thyroid/iron conditions all have come back fine. Seriously at rock bottom with my hair loss and I feel like I have no options, my hair on the sides and back is far to thin for a hair transplant, my head is covered in large freckles and moles so shaving my head would look horrendous. Also if ANYBODY has experienced this sort of hair loss (continuous thinning over the entire scalp) and has found it to be caused by something other than DHT than PLEASE let me know. Thanks Guys! P.s looking at starting the use of a 1mm Derma roller weekly and a 0.2mm Derma roller daily with Minoxidil, has anybody had any amazing success story’s with these?

Last edited:

24yearthinner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh I have never taken photos of my scalp due to how depressed it makes me feel but I can easily describe it. Scalp is completely visible over entire head, top is thinner than sides by about 50% and the hair on top is wirey and dryish and if I remove my hat for longer than 2 minutes it just turns to complete fuzz (holds zero shape and has no thickness to it what so ever) back and sides is currently shaved to a number 3 and the top is about 3 inches long to try and hide it with a comb over and concealer (which only JUST covers it) but it’s incredibly noticeable that even the hair I do have is extremely thin. The sort story.. it’s terrible. My only hope is that this is caused by something other than DHT considering all the prescriptions I’m on I would have litte to no DHT so how it has continued to get worse just baffles me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Tbh I have never taken photos of my scalp due to how depressed it makes me feel but I can easily describe it. Scalp is completely visible over entire head, top is thinner than sides by about 50% and the hair on top is wirey and dryish and if I remove my hat for longer than 2 minutes it just turns to complete fuzz (holds zero shape and has no thickness to it what so ever) back and sides is currently shaved to a number 3 and the top is about 3 inches long to try and hide it with a comb over and concealer (which only JUST covers it) but it’s incredibly noticeable that even the hair I do have is extremely thin. The sort story.. it’s terrible. My only hope is that this is caused by something other than DHT considering all the prescriptions I’m on I would have litte to no DHT so how it has continued to get worse just baffles me.
@buckthorn

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got same problem man.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bashing nizoral but for me personally, what your describing (wirey and dryish) is exactly what happens every time I try to use any Ketoconazole product. I genuinely think it works for some hair types and wanted it to work for me but can't bear the way it makes my hair look, worst product I've personally incorporated, seemed to make my hair look 10 X thinner overall and didn't help my scalp at all actually increased sebum and oily feel on scalp AND dried hair out and that was on 2 percent for only a few minutes.

Tried it several times for different time frames but always did same thing, but everyone's hair is different so not saying you should stop. Just be cautious. In contrast magnesium chloride/sulphate and dead sea salt do the complete opposite for me!

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is autoimmune hairloss. finasteride and minoxidil should work wonders. minoxidil made my hair thicker and full of life, shiny.

Maybe it's stress related? That can also cause hairloss.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if they don't work then stop using it. I mean what's the point. Overthinking will just kill you. You don't want to spend the rest of your life thinking about just hair man. I know your feelings are valid. Me myself had been battling hair loss for 7 years. But what I've realize is if it's not working for you or giving you results, stop it. Find another ways. If there's no more, then just accept. It's not quitting if you tried everything possible you can. It's just dumb and useless continuing stuff that doesn't work. You don't water a dead plant if it's dead. Been there at one point when nothing seems to be working, until I get to finas, but in your case, in time you'll come to accept it.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.. here it goes..

I’m currently 24 years old, have been thinning on top on my scalp since age 17 and thinning over the entire scalp since age 20.

Have been on 1mg generic finasteride daily for 2+ years, Minoxidil (rogain extra strength) 2-3 times daily 2+ Years, Dutasteride (Avodart) daily approximately 11 months, Nizoral 2% twice weekly for approximately 2 years, supplementing 5000mcg of biotin, hair skin and nails vitamin, Men’s Multivitamin, vitamin c 2000mg and B complex vitamin all daily for approximately a year.

My hair has continued to get worse and worse, have been using concealers everyday for 12 months and have not left the house without a hat on since the age of 17. Have been to 5+ doctors and 3 dermatologist’s none of which have been any help, I have had a complete set of blood tests done multipul times and checked for any thyroid/iron conditions all have come back fine. Seriously at rock bottom with my hair loss and I feel like I have no options, my hair on the sides and back is far to thin for a hair transplant, my head is covered in large freckles and moles so shaving my head would look horrendous. Also if ANYBODY has experienced this sort of hair loss (continuous thinning over the entire scalp) and has found it to be caused by something other than DHT than PLEASE let me know. Thanks Guys! P.s looking at starting the use of a 1mm Derma roller weekly and a 0.2mm Derma roller daily with Minoxidil, has anybody had any amazing success story’s with these?

It is my personal belief baldness-heart disease-high blood pressure are connected.

What connects those?

Cortisol and aldosterone. I believe cortisol/aldosterone causes baldness.

There is only one study showing that using eplerenone, which blocks aldosterone, grew hair.
Oral Minoxidil -a blood pressure drug - also regrew hair in men.