Help me with my hair growth question :(

michaeldavid

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!

michaeldavid

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles from the hair salon near me, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!
thanks in advance for any help

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!
I don't see any photos?

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I hope you are doing well. You may have noticed that your hair grows faster or slower at different times throughout your life. Many factors can contribute to these fluctuations, and when we're talking about slow hair growth, nutritional deficiencies, stress, and hot styling tools are just a few of the culprits. To make your hair grow faster Eat protein-rich foods, Take care after washing, and Use a strengthening shampoo and conditioner. If it does not work you can go the doctor for hair consultation.

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this. Maybe consult a doctor. I can only recommend proper nutrition. scalp massage and vitamins from Canadian Pharmacy. For example, I bought some for myself and this is what I can say. Vitamin A, C, B will help against hair loss and strengthen it. And vitamin E and B help with growth. When I started eating right and following all the rules, my hair started to grow

Last edited: