Help ... Has Anyone Coloured There System?

Ant70c

My Regimen
Reaction score
i ordered a system from NWL and its wrong colour miles to dark is there anything I can do to change colour or make it abit lighter I have mousey blonde light brown sorter hair
Cheers ant

Noah

Reaction score
Is it their fault - i.e. did you send a hair sample? If so, you should send it back and let them sort it out. It is quite hard to lighten a hair system in a controlled way - a job better left to a professional hairdresser.

Ant70c

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did send a sample of my hair
I would get the saloon where I'm getting it fitted to colour it but unsure if anyone has done it or not
Getting depressed about the whole thing now

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a NWL big mistake. It has happened to me before with them.
You should notify them immediately of it rather than colouring it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
damn i thought nwl was the best. looks like color matching is still the most difficult thing with hair systems

Noah

Reaction score
Color match is normally not a problem, somewhat surprisingly. But these are handmade items, and human error is always an occasional possibility. A decent supplier will take that on the chin if the piece is not to your specs. I have only had a colour mismatch once in 4 years of ordering off the Net.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Color match is normally not a problem, somewhat surprisingly. But these are handmade items, and human error is always an occasional possibility. A decent supplier will take that on the chin if the piece is not to your specs. I have only had a colour mismatch once in 4 years of ordering off the Net.
Where do you order from right now?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dyed lots of pieces. There is nothing to it, just watch it and ignore whatever the time to leave in on the directions say. In my experience with my pieces it only takes 5 minutes for the hair to absorb the color, then rinse, condition with the conditioner they provide and put it on a cloth or styrafoam head. At the moment I am using temporary hair color. It certainly is better for the hair, but it is a mess.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I dyed lots of pieces. There is nothing to it, just watch it and ignore whatever the time to leave in on the directions say. In my experience with my pieces it only takes 5 minutes for the hair to absorb the color, then rinse, condition with the conditioner they provide and put it on a cloth or styrafoam head. At the moment I am using temporary hair color. It certainly is better for the hair, but it is a mess.
What's different about temporary? Do you also color your bio hair? Is it possible to match them without coloring them both?=

I use coloring conditioners. Then I don't have to remove it from my head atleast.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's different about temporary? Do you also color your bio hair? Is it possible to match them without coloring them both?=

I use coloring conditioners. Then I don't have to remove it from my head atleast.

The temporary is A LOT easier to use. Its like a mousse you brush through your hair and that's it. No harsh chemicals, you don't rinse it out and touchups are a breeze.

I used to just dye the piece with a permanent color, but it was a long process that I disliked doing. If I am out in the sun for a while my piece will lighten and then at home I would have to dye it again. With the temporary I just put some of the mousse in my hair and brush it through evenly. Very easy. Plus I could never find a perfect color match of my bio hair. Its blonde with red in it so I now dye both the piece and my bio hair a light brown and I end up with a 100 percent color match. If I can find a permanent color that matches the temporary that would be perfect for me because if I need a touch up I can just use the temporary mousse.

good luck

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The temporary is A LOT easier to use. Its like a mousse you brush through your hair and that's it. No harsh chemicals, you don't rinse it out and touchups are a breeze.

I used to just dye the piece with a permanent color, but it was a long process that I disliked doing. If I am out in the sun for a while my piece will lighten and then at home I would have to dye it again. With the temporary I just put some of the mousse in my hair and brush it through evenly. Very easy. Plus I could never find a perfect color match of my bio hair. Its blonde with red in it so I now dye both the piece and my bio hair a light brown and I end up with a 100 percent color match. If I can find a permanent color that matches the temporary that would be perfect for me because if I need a touch up I can just use the temporary mousse.

good luck
Isn't the temporary color you're speaking of the same as a coloring conditioner? Only coloring conditioners have to be washed out.

chrisforhair

Reaction score
Is it their fault - i.e. did you send a hair sample? If so, you should send it back and let them sort it out. It is quite hard to lighten a hair system in a controlled way - a job better left to a professional hairdresser.
Noah, shut up, you don't know what you are talking about.
i ordered a system from NWL and its wrong colour miles to dark is there anything I can do to change colour or make it abit lighter I have mousey blonde light brown sorter hair
Cheers ant
Lightening a hair system is totally risky. The hair is already not in a healthy state and to bleach it (lighten) will only damage it more. You can't just put a lighter dye on it, you have to bleach.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah, shut up, you don't know what you are talking about.

Lightening a hair system is totally risky. The hair is already not in a healthy state and to bleach it (lighten) will only damage it more. You can't just put a lighter dye on it, you have to bleach.

you don't have to bleach. I have stripped hairpieces down using rite color remover. works wonders and they come out unharmed without bleach or peroxide. I posted on how to do this on another hair site with photos even, but nobody seems to really care so continue with your bleach that will probably kill the unit

I never had a piece that needs the knots lightened since I am blonde, but if I ever do I will certainly use rite color remover for it

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
here is a pic of one of my pieces that I striped of all its dye. Both the dye the factory used and the perm. dye I used mine came out a strange apricot color, which is weird because that used to be the natural color of my real hair when I was little. Its still a little wet in this pic.

Attachments

• ilace.JPG
    ilace.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 245

Ant70c

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I meant .. gonna forward pic back to NWL to see where to go from here

Attachments

• IMG_5432.JPG
    IMG_5432.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 278

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
more than likely they will send it back to the factory. If you need it right away I would just strip it of its color using rit color remover and go to sallys with a piece of the hair and tell them you want to dye that piece of hair to your natural hair color . They are very knowledgeable about those things.