Help From Noah With Info For New Member

Darren12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah. I've also just joined this forum and I really aprecciate all the info you have given to all the new members. I was hoping you could also send me the info that you sent to Mick etc.

Thank you
Darren

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this that infographic that was talked about this new years? :O

Erensar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also be very grateful for any information, especially about recommended company that sends to EU (can be located in USA) & base for DIY approach. I used to be a system wearer in the past (salon client who did the reattachments himself) so having some experience I hope I will manage it somehow. It was better than being bald but the time and money (it was pretty expensive) spent on a system was not worth the effect I had (decent but far worse than before hair loss) so I stopped wearing. I wouldn't mind coming back to it if I were to achieve results some of people here have (a lot better than I had) and pay less.

WillT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sent you a PM, Erensar[/QUOtE

Hi Noah,
You’re like the hair piece guru!

I would most welcome your advice on this and maybe a bit about yourself?

I am new here and created a profile because I’m sick of using concealing products as my hair loss progressively gets worse, it’s getting harder to do and to go into the barbers and ask for such a specific haircut to accommadate this. I am ready to commit to transition to a hairpiece given the current advancements. But it would be great if you could give me the pros and cons of doing it.

I won’t lie hairloss has knocked my confidence massively and has stopped me from doing certain things as I wear a hat an awful lot... but you obviously can’t wear it everywhere! I’m hoping a hairpiece can change this and give me the confidence as I don’t want to be bald as it will not suit me at all and from an early age I have always loved having hair as it is a part of my character and personality.

I hope you can help it would be great if you could send me your regime and what you look like. The products to use and so on.

Many thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Will

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Will, thanks for the friendly remarks. I am no guru - don't confuse quantity with quality LOL. I am an early 30s, severely bald guy (NW5 or 6), and I have worn a hair replacement for about 5 years. I get my lace systems off the Net for about US$200 a time, and I do my own weekly maintenance. And it works for me. I feel using a hair prosthetic has allowed me to enjoy my younger years looking decent instead of bald and prematurely aged, and that has allowed me to meet quality partners and just generally made my life pleasanter and more fruitful. I am happy to try to help anyone who is genuinely interested in trying this solution. I don't want to put my pictures up on the public forum, because I am not open about wearing in work and in my social life, and I don't want to be recognised. But if you PM me I am happy to share some pics in private.

As for the pros and cons - technologically, hair systems are capable of being a great solution. The manufacturing techniques, the lightweight undetectable bases, and the adhesives have all made huge leaps in the last decade. I would say hair prosthetics have made far more significant progress than hair transplant surgery or hairloss medication, both of which still seem very hit-and-miss. There are some dreadful ones around, but if you go to a good supplier, and you exercise good judgement and discretion in what you order, and you get a decent cut-in for it, you will get an aesthetically good result, and one which is undetectable (it helps at the start if you avoid a hairstyle which fully exposes your hairline to view). Then there is a bit of care involved in looking after the system, but nothing too onerous. I have talked to maybe 20 guys on the forum who have started wearing a system and whose progress I have been able to follow. Of those 20, I think maybe 2 didn't like it and gave up. The others looked and felt better, and so far as I know are still wearing (this is not a very scientific sample, I must admit). So what I would say is, if you are unhappy with your hairloss, it's worth trying a system. The cost of trying it is low, particularly compared with most of the alternatives - it's fairly cheap, painless, quick and wholly reversible. If you hate it, you've lost very little, and if you like it it could solve your hairloss issues for good.

Best of luck with your researches.

Noah

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely try a system, especially if youre not perceived as balding yet . Is it better to have your own hair? Of course. But this is the next best thing and it's a viable and realistic option

JoeBailey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Will, thanks for the friendly remarks. I am no guru - don't confuse quantity with quality LOL. I am an early 30s, severely bald guy (NW5 or 6), and I have worn a hair replacement for about 5 years. I get my lace systems off the Net for about US$200 a time, and I do my own weekly maintenance. And it works for me. I feel using a hair prosthetic has allowed me to enjoy my younger years looking decent instead of bald and prematurely aged, and that has allowed me to meet quality partners and just generally made my life pleasanter and more fruitful. I am happy to try to help anyone who is genuinely interested in trying this solution. I don't want to put my pictures up on the public forum, because I am not open about wearing in work and in my social life, and I don't want to be recognised. But if you PM me I am happy to share some pics in private.

As for the pros and cons - technologically, hair systems are capable of being a great solution. The manufacturing techniques, the lightweight undetectable bases, and the adhesives have all made huge leaps in the last decade. I would say hair prosthetics have made far more significant progress than hair transplant surgery or hairloss medication, both of which still seem very hit-and-miss. There are some dreadful ones around, but if you go to a good supplier, and you exercise good judgement and discretion in what you order, and you get a decent cut-in for it, you will get an aesthetically good result, and one which is undetectable (it helps at the start if you avoid a hairstyle which fully exposes your hairline to view). Then there is a bit of care involved in looking after the system, but nothing too onerous. I have talked to maybe 20 guys on the forum who have started wearing a system and whose progress I have been able to follow. Of those 20, I think maybe 2 didn't like it and gave up. The others looked and felt better, and so far as I know are still wearing (this is not a very scientific sample, I must admit). So what I would say is, if you are unhappy with your hairloss, it's worth trying a system. The cost of trying it is low, particularly compared with most of the alternatives - it's fairly cheap, painless, quick and wholly reversible. If you hate it, you've lost very little, and if you like it it could solve your hairloss issues for good.

Best of luck with your researches.

Noah
Hi Noah,

This sounds like something I would like to try. Could you please forward me the relevant information? Many thanks

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah, would be grateful if you could send me the information too, I've been researching for a long time now but a bit hesitant to start the journey. Thanks