Help Finding Cause Of Thinning Hair

Stressed&fedup

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been thinning for at least a year now. I initially realised something was up when I was slipping in my kitchen on small clumps of my own hair. This has never happened before and I was also pulling out small 'tumble weeds' of hair from my tumble dryer.

I initially put it down to stress from a breakup I had earlier that year, I'd never felt so stressed. I wasn't worried at all and assumed it was telogen effluvium and would correct itself in time.

By April of this year it still hadn't improved and my hair was starting to feel noticeably thinner (I've always had very thick hair), then I noticed my hair was also receding at the very centre where my parting is and at my temples. About 2 months ago I realised my hair is also receding right around my hairline. Noticeable above my ears and at the back of my neck. My parting is widening also.

I have patches of pink on my scalp (not circular as in roundworm), it fades when pressed.

I'm completely stumped and absolutely fed up. I need to find out why this is happening. I've had a few blood tests and am relatively low on ferritin (20), but wasn't told that could be the cause.

I don't know what to do but the not knowing is soul destroying. I have a normal tsh level. My hair won't stay in a bobble. I don't know what to do.

MiniNyla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just found this forum today and this is actually my first post. This sounds a lot like what I have going on. Trying to get a doctor appt for it. Do you happen to have breast implants?

priyanka j

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are lots of reason behind our hair fall some are:
1. Genetic factor
2. Ageing
3. Lack of iron
4. Skin diseases and fungal infections
5. hair loss after pregnancy or surgery
6. Rough handling of hair
Even I am very unpleasant with my thin hair. A lot of us is getting irritated for hair loss, I tried many things but there are all temporary. then I start using home remedies and that really start showing up results in a month or little more. Now I am really happy with my hairs, they look good, strong and glossy. Here are some home remedies for making your hair longer, stronger and look flawless:
- Eggs - to fight with thinning hair
- Amla - boost your hair growth
- Henna - A natural conditioner for hair
- Castor oil - for hair growth

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. thanks for sharing!

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have long hair that has always been thin. But just last year, I started noticing that I could see my scalp near the front of my hair line and realized that I was getting a widow's peak. It's not too bad yet, but I haven't done anything about it aside from keep care of my hair.i found the some haircare remedies here: https://www.beautyepic.com/hair/

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dealing with thinning for awhile, and found this girl on youtube who's videos have helped me so much. Just thought I'd share and say youtube is a great place to find info. Best of luck to you!