Help Finding And Styling Hairpieces In Hong Kong

Straitye

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After years of using a concealer to cover my hair loss, my alopecia has now reached a state where this is no longer a viable option. I don't want to get a hair transplant or take medication, and as a result, I have decided to take the plunge and get a hair system.

I have found a lot of very useful information online, but am unsure whether I am capable of actually cutting in a hair system. I am a white guy living in Hong Kong, and I have tried to find a place that sells hairpieces and offers styling services, but my experiences have not been good. The places that I have been able to find (with the help of a Cantonese-speaking local friend) refuse to provide styling services for hairpieces that you do not buy from them directly, and they charge huge amounts for the hairpieces (up to the equivalent of US$1,500 for a single piece!). I am also not sure if the quality of the pieces they sell is any good.

My question is therefore directed at any forum members who happen to live or have lived in Hong Kong - are you aware of any hairdressers/stylists who would be able to help me cut in and style a new hairpiece, or of a place that sells pieces for reasonable prices? I have looked around for quite a while now but have not been able to find anyone who offers this service. I am very happy to order my own piece off the internet, to learn about different adhesives, etc., to attach it and also to care for it, but I am no good at cutting hair...

Anyway, thanks for reading!

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Same question here. I have my stock pieces already and looking for the best poace to cut and style them in hongkong. If anyone here knows of a place please let us know. Thanks