Help Combating/limiting Minoxidil Side Effects?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was on minoxidil for 6 months. During the 6 months, I noticed that my face became bloated and my skin looked very "old." After lurking forums, I learned that this is a pretty common occurrence with the drug. After I dropped minoxidil everything went back to normal. Are there anyways I could combat these sides in the future? Whenever I do add in minoxidil again, I was planning on using using .5 ml (literally like a dab on my temples, forelock, and cowlick area) and Retin-A a couple times a week. Thoughts?

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was on minoxidil for 6 months. During the 6 months, I noticed that my face became bloated at my skin looked very "old." After lurking forums, I learned that this is a pretty common occurrence with the drug. After I dropped minoxidil everything went back to normal. Are there anyways I could combat these sides in the future? Whenever I do add in minoxidil again, I was planning on using using .5 ml (literally like a dab on my temples, forelock, and cowlick area) and Retin-A a couple times a week. Thoughts?
Hi Dave, did it happen with 2 percent? I just quit minoxidil again for the same exact reason. My skin is already looking better now after 4 days off it. I even get these red blotches on my face from it.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Dave, did it happen with 2 percent? I just quit minoxidil again for the same exact reason. My skin is already looking better now after 4 days off it. I even get these red blotches on my face from it.

Hi Doctor,

This was with the 5% Kirkland liquid.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Doctor,

This was with the 5% Kirkland liquid.
Switch to 2 percent and see how you do. I have noticed 2 percent does not affect me as much. I think there is about 2 percent minoxidil in Proxiphen and I get no sides.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have noticed this side too when i apply too much minoxidil .
It subsides when i reduced my dosage to 0.5 or 0.25 ml a day .
just few drop on temple area and crown