Help Am I Balding Or Maturing? 19 Male.

Pixelatedpoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey 19 male here.
I know you must be sick of guys my age asking but it's been giving me stress on and off for two years now.
Some details I have always had a far back line haven't had anything close to a juvenile hairline since I was 14.
My father is bald.
My maternal grandfather isn't and neither are any of my maternal uncles.
My hair is wet in the pics hope it won't effect your judgement.
The other one is me at 16 ignore the funky hair it was a joke.

Attachments

• Snapchat-87315835.jpg
    Snapchat-87315835.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Snapchat-202448615.jpg
    Snapchat-202448615.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Snapchat-1258691786.jpg
    Snapchat-1258691786.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 393
  • received_1798118026922658.jpeg
    received_1798118026922658.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 375

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it, massage your scalp, avoid washing your hair with hot water. See a dermatologist if it gets worse. Don't stress about it, your hairline is far back but your hair is thick. Is your hair wet in the new pics?

Pixelatedpoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it, massage your scalp, avoid washing your hair with hot water. See a dermatologist if it gets worse. Don't stress about it, your hairline is far back but your hair is thick. Is your hair wet in the new pics?

Yeah it's wet in the new can take another set of pics it is extremely thick.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the thickness. Also, make sure it can grow long and fast enough, it means your hair is healthy.

Pixelatedpoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the thickness. Also, make sure it can grow long and fast enough, it means your hair is healthy.

It grows super fast, faster than my friends atleast a inch or usually a month. Small hairs at my temples and the shape have me concerned is all. But my hairline was already m shaped since early teens so it's just hard for me to know.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats a norwood 2 on the norwood scale

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It grows super fast, faster than my friends atleast a inch or usually a month. Small hairs at my temples and the shape have me concerned is all. But my hairline was already m shaped since early teens so it's just hard for me to know.
Small hairs as in thin or just shorter then the rest? Thinner small hairs are a bad sign usually, I'd try Nizoral if that's the case.

Pixelatedpoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small hairs as in thin or just shorter then the rest? Thinner small hairs are a bad sign usually, I'd try Nizoral if that's the case.

From what I see they are as thick as the shorter ones up front

Attachments

• Snapchat-2082783060.jpg
    Snapchat-2082783060.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Snapchat-331352572.jpg
    Snapchat-331352572.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 263

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was you I wouldn't take any risks and start finasteride. Especially given that your father is bald

edit: I've just read that you're 19. You might want to wait a year with fina, but it's up to you.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are definitely balding at the front, especially at the corners

youre decision if you want to receede further...but i dont know...finasterid is not a candy

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any clue how much longer I have left ,honestly just want to get to 30 with hair

look at your family history

look at old fotos of your dad and both of your grandfathers

if youre lucky and your receeding is now over

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey 19 male here.
I know you must be sick of guys my age asking but it's been giving me stress on and off for two years now.
Some details I have always had a far back line haven't had anything close to a juvenile hairline since I was 14.
My father is bald.
My maternal grandfather isn't and neither are any of my maternal uncles.
My hair is wet in the pics hope it won't effect your judgement.
The other one is me at 16 ignore the funky hair it was a joke.
Right now I'm going to say no. Most caucasian men have mature hairlines anyways and your hair is very thick if it's wet in those photos. Also your front hairs look equally as thick as the rest which is a good sign. I would honestly see a derm though to be safe. A dermatologist will look with a magnifying glass and be able to give you a definitive answer. If you are in the earliest stages of male pattern baldness (Which I doubt you are) we could advice you on treatment options and your derm could write you a script for propecia. Good Luck

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now I'm going to say no. Most caucasian men have mature hairlines anyways and your hair is very thick if it's wet in those photos. Also your front hairs look equally as thick as the rest which is a good sign. I would honestly see a derm though to be safe. A dermatologist will look with a magnifying glass and be able to give you a definitive answer. If you are in the earliest stages of male pattern baldness (Which I doubt you are) we could advice you on treatment options and your derm could write you a script for propecia. Good Luck
For some apparent reason, your profile picture, as well as username makes me feel safe with your advice.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
19m here and I started up finasteride. honestly man if you know that you've finished growing perhaps the best choice would be to get on it. regrowth is a pain, maintenance is way eaiser

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19m here and I started up finasteride. honestly man if you know that you've finished growing perhaps the best choice would be to get on it. regrowth is a pain, maintenance is way eaiser

First sensible comment on this thread.

Pixelatedpoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in ireland though they don't prescribe it for hair loss here. The side effects and post finisteride syndrome just don't seem worth it I love my hair but I have a good head shape and if minoxidil slows or halts it I'll be happy enough as is.

Last edited: