Help! 21 Year Old Hairloss, Advice Please!

Charlie Norman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in such a horrible situation, i haven't yet been to the doctors, but i've noticed some horrible thinning on the top frontal part of my scalp. It's heart-breaking to see that my hair is so thin and patchy at such a young age. I'm mortified :(

Background:

About a year ago, my grandad died, on top of this, i was very stressed with university work, I had my dissertation to do and also had tests to do for my PGCE. I had interviews for my PGCE which really stressed me out because I had so much other work going on along the side of this. I put huge amounts of pressure on myself to get into a university to teach primary school children, I would cry all the time thinking I would never pass the tests and that I wouldn't get to do what I've always dreamt of achieving in my life.

However,

My mother has a significant amount of hair thinning on the top of her head, I don't know that she's ever really got it checked out because she doesn't think there's anything that can be done. She does smoke, and I've read that smoking can be a factor which can cause hair loss, although, some other sites say that this is not true. She did say that her hair was not as thin in her 20's as it is now, (she's now in her 40's). She said her hair was always fine but not like it is currently.
My dad is almost 55 and still has an amazing hair coverage. My hair has always been thick like his, but recently I've noticed how horrible and thin mine has become, to the point where I can see my scalp through my hair.

I just wanted some advice as to what sort of hair loss you guys think I have, this would be useful. I cannot stop worrying about it, I know once I've gone to my appointment i'll know but, its stressing me out more than i'm only 21 and I don't want hair like this for the rest of my life. I've started taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules and also using the oil on my hair, as well as iron tablets and biotin. (Uploaded pics)

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• hair loss 4.png
    hair loss 4.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 661
  • hair loss 2.png
    hair loss 2.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 629
  • hair loss 3.png
    hair loss 3.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 590
  • hair loss.png
    hair loss.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 654

elena

My Regimen
Reaction score

Roox

Reaction score
There are many things you can do to help like the above user said there are great wigs out there I also recently read about Rogaine for woman which I found out about because I use Rogaine for men and it works decently but everyone has different results..

Calichick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi it might be due to stress1

Used to be a blonde

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a Dr. get your Iron and thyroid checked before freaking out any further it may be something easy like low iron or thyroid.

Antonio Joe

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many factor that can contribute to the thinning of hair
stress, age, genes, environment, lifestyle are among the many factors that contribute to receding hair
but base on what you wrote here we can exclude age and genes as you were trying to say
the remaining culprits would be stress, environment, lifestyle and they are connected to each other
as these are unavoidable as you are in your dissertation and tests for PGCE.
maybe u should try using some hair growth shampoo and conditioner like the ones they sold on amazon
amazon.com/dp/B000JIJJ9Q
dont worry about getting your money back if your are not satisfied with the results as they offer refund

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in such a horrible situation, i haven't yet been to the doctors, but i've noticed some horrible thinning on the top frontal part of my scalp. It's heart-breaking to see that my hair is so thin and patchy at such a young age. I'm mortified :(

Background:

About a year ago, my grandad died, on top of this, i was very stressed with university work, I had my dissertation to do and also had tests to do for my PGCE. I had interviews for my PGCE which really stressed me out because I had so much other work going on along the side of this. I put huge amounts of pressure on myself to get into a university to teach primary school children, I would cry all the time thinking I would never pass the tests and that I wouldn't get to do what I've always dreamt of achieving in my life.

However,

My mother has a significant amount of hair thinning on the top of her head, I don't know that she's ever really got it checked out because she doesn't think there's anything that can be done. She does smoke, and I've read that smoking can be a factor which can cause hair loss, although, some other sites say that this is not true. She did say that her hair was not as thin in her 20's as it is now, (she's now in her 40's). She said her hair was always fine but not like it is currently.
My dad is almost 55 and still has an amazing hair coverage. My hair has always been thick like his, but recently I've noticed how horrible and thin mine has become, to the point where I can see my scalp through my hair.

I just wanted some advice as to what sort of hair loss you guys think I have, this would be useful. I cannot stop worrying about it, I know once I've gone to my appointment i'll know but, its stressing me out more than i'm only 21 and I don't want hair like this for the rest of my life. I've started taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules and also using the oil on my hair, as well as iron tablets and biotin. (Uploaded pics)

Thank you in advance.

I am in a similar situation, what treatment plan did you adopt?

GeneticsAreJustUnfair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today’s wigs are commonly applied by ordinary people, everyone can wear a wig. Loose Wavy Human Hair Weave at Rebecca Fashion offers you the best quality you have never seen. How to choose the right hair for you?
The three most important aspects you should consider are raw material, color and volume. Now, more and more people like wearing
Brazilian Loose Wave Hair Bundles for different reasons.
View attachment 61750
https://www.rebeccafashion.com
Why don't accounts like this that are just blatantly advertising get muted or banned? Literally nothing helpful or relevant to this thread.

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
This video helped me come to terms and understand my situation with this - maybe it can help you too! Same girl has more good vids. Best of luck, you can make it through this :)