HELP - 2 weeks after finasteride and I’m balding?!

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on finasteride for 2 weeks and my mom just noticed a bald spot on my head
Before and After:

Last edited:

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not receding I doubt you were balding in the first place. That bald spot is either areata or fungal
f***, I think it’s because I’ve been applying Clindoxyl in that area because I was getting acne. Wtf can it be fixed or is it forever gone?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***, I think it’s because I’ve been applying Clindoxyl in that area because I was getting acne. Wtf can it be fixed or is it forever gone?
It is an exfoliating gel, no wonder why you lost hair so quickly. It will probably come back. I get acne on scalp here and then and the only thing that hasn't done any harm is benzoyl peroxide 2%.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
That looks like something other than male pattern baldness. It's circular so it could be a fungus or alopecia areata. Go to a doctor for that. @jazz1

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is an exfoliating gel, no wonder why you lost hair so quickly. It will probably come back. I get acne on scalp here and then and the only thing that hasn't done any harm is benzoyl peroxide 2%.
f***, thankfully I stopped using it for a while when I saw my hair was dry there

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like something other than male pattern baldness. It's circular so it could be a fungus or alopecia areata. Go to a doctor for that. @jazz1
Yes I think it’s cuz of Clindoxyl, f***. Should I use Nizoral if I don’t have fungus? My doctor is kinda low IQ and she didn’t bother checking my scalp when I asked her about my scalp acne

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes I think it’s cuz of Clindoxyl, f***. Should I use Nizoral if I don’t have fungus? My doctor is kinda low IQ and she didn’t bother checking my scalp when I asked her about my scalp acne
LOL, we all use Nizoral shampoo for male pattern baldness which is not a fungus.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Aight good to know, I’m gonna get one just in case. How many times should i use it and what %?
If you can get 2 percent it's better but if not 1 percent will work. I would use it every other day for a week or too and then ween down to one or two days per week but expect your hair to feel drier.

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can get 2 percent it's better but if not 1 percent will work. I would use it every other day for a week or too and then ween down to one or two days per week but expect your hair to feel drier.
Does Nizoral have any bad side effects if I don't have fungal acne?

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also use Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff with 1% pyrithione zinc. I don't if that helps fight against acne as well as Nizoral

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I also use Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff with 1% pyrithione zinc. I don't if that helps fight against acne as well as Nizoral
For acne you need a shampoo with salicylic acid. Look on line for one.

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably the bleaching effect too. I applied a lot on that area for a few days, and noticed the hair on the area was dry event after showering. I guess it bleached the hair there, frying the sh*t out of it and it just all fell off. Hopefully it grows back and that the damage isn't permanent. I won't ever use that sh*t again.

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I made an appointment with my Doctor for next week’s Wednesday. But holy sh*t am I freaking out. I don’t know if it’s caused by the Clindoxyl (as I used it on Mar 2 for ~4-5 days and stop completely, this was before taking the before picture in the original post which was taken on Mar 10) or by the pimple/cyst/fungus or whatever the f*** it was that was there. I used the Clindoxyl gel because that sh*t hurted when touching it.

The bald spot feels smooth as hell, and I took some pictures and notice very small hairs right in the middle of the spot

f***, I just wanna know if hair can grow back. I don’t see or feel hair grains on the spot when touching it. Can’t believe my hair got fucked so quickly.

I also noticed acne on the back of my head too and hopefully it doesn’t develop into a bald spot.

I had acne on my scalp for a while now, and never had this bald spots, or at least that I know of.

Last edited:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said I usually get acne on my scalp but no matter how painful they are it has never gotten to this point. Maybe, just maybe, the gel you're applying is too harsh and ended up causing this. Wait a few more weeks, I don't think your hair is gone forever on those patches.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I made an appointment with my Doctor for next week’s Wednesday. But holy sh*t am I freaking out. I don’t know if it’s caused by the Clindoxyl (as I used it on Mar 2 for ~4-5 days and stop completely, this was before taking the before picture in the original post which was taken on Mar 10) or by the pimple/cyst/fungus or whatever the f*** it was that was there. I used the Clindoxyl gel because that sh*t hurted when touching it.

The bald spot feels smooth as hell, and I took some pictures and notice very small hairs right in the middle of the spot
View attachment 178245
View attachment 178246

f***, I just wanna know if hair can grow back. I don’t see or feel hair grains on the spot when touching it. Can’t believe my hair got fucked so quickly.

I also noticed acne on the back of my head too and hopefully it doesn’t develop into a bald spot.
View attachment 178247

I had acne on my scalp for a while now, and never had this bald spots, or at least that I know of.
Does the bald spot feel as smooth as your boi pussy?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score