height or hair?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Listen I never said it never helped, I said in a previous post that I definately punch above my weight because of my height! Im simply saying, if there are only 4% of guys over 6ft 2 then they can only take 4% of the women, you gotta play the percentages man, there are plenty of women going round and it only takes one to make you happy

Also I hate to hear your feeling like your dying inside, i know that feeling (not hair related) and it took me a long time to fight back. Like i said in another post please look into de humanisation, social anxiety and social phobias, the path your going down is a mental pathway and it categorically does not lead to happiness!! Im not saying it aint sh*t, but i am saying try and retain your soul if you can!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
[WHITE WOMAN-get kids with good height
ASIAN WOMAN-get kids with good hair
That way of thinking is not good, in that case what does the woman who looks at you see for her kids?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didnt mean to imply you didnt know anything, just wanted to make you aware, unfortunately as you obviously already know, knowing is only half the battle.

I used to get panic attacks bad when I was growing up, I taught myself to control them but that anxiety is still crops up now and again

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was bizarre, I was just out in the street one day and I had this wave of unreality that nearly knocked me off my feet. I just had this absolute awareness of the falseness of my senses i felt physically sick and sat down trying to appear calm even though my head was spinning.
I then kept getting them over a period of time and then one day i just said to myself, do i really want to live with these? I said no and then ive only had one in 10 years since, ironically when i took my very first propecia, id read so many side effects stories that before id even swallowed it i totally freaked out. (for the record, no sides). I still get the feelings that come before the panic attack, but ive learned how to reason with them.

I also had other anxiety symptoms, when i was out, if id be standing behind someone in the queue id get a real urge to punch them in the back of the head! Not kidding! Also if Im in a shop I start to worry that im going to scream at someone, I get an overwhelming urge to swear, and its socially unacceptable things as well, like telling a guy with his girl that i want to f*** her! If there was a toddler walking around id get a massive urge to kick it in the air like a football. Im not kidding, I used to think I was a TOTAL lunatic. All these things would be going through my head when I would be out getting the groceries! Then I started to do some research and i was surprised to find that these exact urges were incredibly common symptoms of social anxiety. I never would do these things but thats the point, I hate to cause offense so much and I get so uptight about keeping everyone happy that I get riddled with a feeling of anxiety and just in general, I think about EVERYTHING so this is my mind venting it, telling me to relax. Once I learned what those urges where about I now realise its a trigger, its my mind overheating and sayin 'your doing it again, stop worrying' and as a result I no longer really get these bizarre thoughts.

Im telling this in a jokey way but i did have real problems dealing with stress, I had a drink problem and it took me years to realise that I was drinking to self medicate my anxiety. Thats why i say to be careful and take it seriously, dont allow yourself to become isolated and de humanised because you will miss out on some of the best years of your life, that is really happening, and nothing is worth it

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Exodus2011

I had social phobia, a lot of social anxiety, general anxiety and panic attacks. My panic attacks just made me feel like i was drowning for about 15min. i regularly felt apprehension, a sinking feeling in my stomach and felt unsure of myself in social situations. Do you have the same thing exodus?

it took about a year and a half of continuously forcing myself to interact with other people to get where i am now. I just have mild social anxiety and general anxiety, so i have a bit more to go. the more i push myself outside of my comfort zone (and just accept the anxiety whilst it is happening) the more confidence i build. It's definitely worth going outside your comfort zone but it takes me ages to reduce anxiety.

as for the height vs hair

I said to my brother how unlucky he was for growing so tall (6ft 4in) and he replied, 'yer, i wish i was your height (5ft 11in), its annoying how short girls are, it feels awkward'. My mum overheard and said that height was the best strait a guy could have and that she loves tall men. even though there r prolly lots of women like my mum; i'd take hair over height any day.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely I would choose height. Being tall feel so much better looking down to people or at least not having to look up everytime. I think guys saying they prefer to be 5'9" with hair instead of being 6'3" balding just don't have a fair comparsion of feelings these two issuse project.

Being on the shorter side(not short) at some point + being a balding guy I can definitely say height is a much bigger issue.

Height not only is the biggest deal breaker when it comes to women but it's also the first trait that creates the aura of dominance over other males.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
antman said:
And well yea thats the thing u are somewhat above average height thi, can u rly answer the question as someone informed?

Cuz u have never felt what being short is like

you have a point; i haven't the foggiest idea what its like being something other an average height. i can't really answer the question.

at the end of the day i think social anxiety is worse than both because it seems to stop you from feeling good. even after a 1.5years of going out with friends i've only gone from intensely disliking social situations to being able to tolerate it (and sometimes being able to fake confidence). sometimes i wonder if that is as good as it will get. i don't know anyone who has successfully delt with personal problems; everyone just seems to get more damaged as they age.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh that sounds like derealization, severe derealization but not a full on hyperventilating, chest hurting, fear beyond anything in the eorld anxiety attack tho. Vast majority if ppl who have their first anxiety attack call 911[/quote]

Sorry i should have mentioned that the first time my chest was pumping and I began to hyperventilate but I was able to control it eventually, family members had suffered regularly with them and so I immediately recognised the signs and knew how to deal with them. As soon as the derealisation began and the hyperventilating came on I had a survival instinct that kicked in and after about 10 mins I was able to get myself back to normal breathing but my head was gone, and the fear i had of them often lead to a spiral that caused them again. Fortunately over time Ive dealt with almost all my problems and now its no longer a problem day to day.

In terms of height I agree with Loose it all, in my experience being tall has only ever been a bonus. It definately creates an aura over other males, im intsinctively assumed to be the alpha in almost all groups Im in, when i walk into a room everyone looks, women like it the only downside is the hosility from the guys who instantly think im a prick. I have a friend who is 6ft 7 and his girlfriend is 5ft 2, women, including small women, are always after him. I have another friend who is 6ft 2 again same thing, and im 6ft 3 and every time i go to a bar, even if its on a quiet night, I always get women approaching me. I have no doubt that if i was under 6ft this wouldnt happen, its all about getting that initial attention. Wouldnt swap my hair for it. However Im looking forward to a small fue session and having perfect hair and height though.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it attracts women initially if you are imposing but if you connect with a girl i think things like this ultimately pass by the by. It helps but its not the be all and end all.

So if your theory is righ then being 5'ft 6 is fine then , theres plenty of women who are smaller than that! :punk:

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Many women want you to still be noticeably taller than them even when they're wearing high heels though :thumbdown2: Recently I was told by a girl I was just about tall enough and she doesn't date guys shorter than me for that very reason. Granted she was 5'11 but you know what I mean. The whole height thing is pretty shallow if you ask me.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really, Id never rule someone out becuase they werent a certain size or height. Are people really that shallow that they have 'rules'?! This girl sounds like a right keeper :whistle:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Really, Id never rule someone out becuase they werent a certain size or height. Are people really that shallow that they have 'rules'?! This girl sounds like a right keeper :whistle:

Yeah girls pretend they are not shallow.
So long as the guy meets certain conditions :whistle:

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Are people really that shallow that they have 'rules'?!

i've asked plenty of girls why they go for tall guys. most have said something similar to this - most shorter guys are insecure and need to prove themselves. taller guys are more relaxed and confident but the downside to taller guys is that they get life easier and sometimes lack persistance/ ambition.

I can remember reading a study that concluded that women who interview people for jobs are far more likely to pick a tall handsome male over anyone else. Male interviewers appear to have a bias but it doesn't appear to be based on physical appearance.

Exodus2011 said:
I have another friend who is 6ft 2 again same thing, and im 6ft 3 and every time i go to a bar, even if its on a quiet night, I always get women approaching me. I have no doubt that if i was under 6ft this wouldnt happen, its all about getting that initial attention.

i suppose this is what happens all the time.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
a bish that's 5'11". considering the average height for females in the united states is 5 foot 4 thats freaking tall as hell lol.
Haha, yeah, females are a bit taller over here on average but it's still pretty damn tall. Either way it's stupid. I can understant why she doesn't want a really short guy, but "at least 4" taller"? Not really.

Man in Space said:
Are people really that shallow that they have 'rules'?!
They most certainly are :thumbdown2: And it's not just height. Broad shoulders, muscular arms, and of course, hair etc. But height seems to be the #1 requirement by far for some reason. Not that men aren't guilty of being shallow but I don't think there's a male equivalent to female's obsession with height. Not even close.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Maystor said:
Not that men aren't guilty of being shallow but I don't think there's a male equivalent to female's obsession with height. Not even close.

I agree!

I posted a link a while back on the desirable traits for male sperm donors.
The most desirable trait by FAR was height, ranking above education, intelligence, accomplishments etc.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its simply evolutionary, a big guy is more likely to be a better option.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I should start to feel better about my height and less bad about my recession then

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Well I guess I should start to feel better about my height and less bad about my recession then

As you are 6'3, you might want to consider that recession/shaved look actually might work in your favor, in the alpha male badass way.

You probably have become accustomed to the shorties around you, they appear normal to you; but you on the other hand appear giantish and intimidating to us.
If you watch Conan O'brien, you might have noticed that he often points out guys who are an inch or so taller than him as being huge "man, look at that guy, he is a giant!!!!". He has become accustomed to the shorties around him, so when he encounters a person of similar height as him, they appear like giants to him.

Go to a basketball game or a WWE match etc, and come face to face with a 6'7 guy and see how intimidated you feel in his presence.

THAT is how you look to a 5'11 not-so-short dude.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried the shaved look when younger and it does not suit me, i wish it did, i would just wap it off and quit worrying. I have got very good at concealing my loss through creative styling and ironically enough frequently get compliments for my hair, which is a joke, I feel like im lying to people cos i know its just an elaborate contruction that it took me about an hour to do!

Maybe your right, i have met a couple of people who i was aware that they could squash me if they wanted and that is rare, i suppose if everyman around me was like that then i guess i would start to feel put out. Guess I take height for granted

seb

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I tried the shaved look when younger and it does not suit me, i wish it did, i would just wap it off and quit worrying. I have got very good at concealing my loss through creative styling and ironically enough frequently get compliments for my hair, which is a joke, I feel like im lying to people cos i know its just an elaborate contruction that it took me about an hour to do!

Maybe your right, i have met a couple of people who i was aware that they could squash me if they wanted and that is rare, i suppose if everyman around me was like that then i guess i would start to feel put out. Guess I take height for granted

The shaved look suits me,and I still "worry" for reasons I have already explained.
BTW Our height is nothing special nowadays,certainly not exceptionally tall.