height or hair?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
seb said:
BTW Our height is nothing special nowadays,certainly not exceptionally tall.

Sure, being in the top 2-3% heightwise is nothing special.
:whistle:

seb

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
seb said:
BTW Our height is nothing special nowadays,certainly not exceptionally tall.

Sure, being in the top 2-3% heightwise is nothing special.
:whistle:

I have met plenty(and seen plenty) of people who are taller than 6 3".
Where does this top 2-3% come from?...Its like the stats on penis size.The average is supposedly 5inches.But how do they know...have they measured every male in the Uk? :)

hairlossislame

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I have got very good at concealing my loss through creative styling and ironically enough frequently get compliments for my hair, which is a joke, I feel like im lying to people cos i know its just an elaborate contruction that it took me about an hour to do!

haha, I can totally relate. I project my current hair loss into the future and feel like when people see me in X months my hair will look shockingly receded/thin/worse and I won't be able to style it right.

As far as height and hair are concerned I would say hair is more important but just barely. Height for most guys can be fine as long as they are not too short <5'7''. I am 5'8'' 130lbs and very comfortable with my build. I know some women don't find my height attractive but it never really bothered me. Being tall can definitely be a boost in the looks department but having an average or slightly below average height is not as devastating as hair loss. Hair loss on the other hand has been like a nuclear bomb detonating and the recession and thinning have been like the effects of fallout radiation.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seb I dont mean to imply that people who suit balding shouldnt worry about it, that would be patronising, Im merely saying that if it suited me I dont think i would worry about it. Of course I cant say for certain, its just a hunch, I will happily agree that your experience supercedes my hypothtical presumptions. Either way, it dont suit me!

Were certainly not exceptionally tall no, but i certainly am taller than the vast majority of people i meet in my mundane day to day existence

seb

Reaction score
If you don't suit the shaved head look,perhaps you are a pretty boy...I wish I was,instead of looking mean,intimidating,looking like a monster.
Someone like the lead singer of Japan,or Depeche Mode would be nice,rather than a WWE wrestler! :(

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
Someone like the lead singer of Japan,or Depeche Mode would be nice

Geez its not 1981 anymore!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seb said:
If you don't suit the shaved head look,perhaps you are a pretty boy...I wish I was,instead of looking mean,intimidating,looking like a monster.
Someone like the lead singer of Japan,or Depeche Mode would be nice,rather than a WWE wrestler! :(

You are right, I have been been called a pretty boy in both complimentary and derisory terms depending on who was calling me it...

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

seb

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
seb said:

You are right, I have been been called a pretty boy in both complimentary and derisory terms depending on who was calling me it...

Be happy that you are a pretty boy,its better than looking like a neanderthal(me).I mean that sincerely.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Not when you're balding though. Kelly Slater is usually posted as an example of a good looking bald guy but IMO he looks terrible in comparison what he looked like with hair. More often than not, a pretty boy face doesn't really suit the bald look.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ha cheers Seb, Its funny how we sometimes value other peoples traits ahead of our own, Ive often looked at guys who are more rugged or traditionally masculine and wondered what its like. I know many women who prefer a bit of 'rough' so to speak...!

I cant help but think if i was a woman and my choices were between a pretty boy who was self obsessing over his recession and fading glory or a balding big tough guy with his hair buzzed right down i would go for the latter. Or even a small guy for that matter Just hypothosising again..!

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
s.a.f said:
seb said:
Someone like the lead singer of Japan,or Depeche Mode would be nice

Geez its not 1981 anymore!

I wish it was!

We'd really be f*cked!

[attachment=1:2gydxhes]flock.jpg[/attachment:2gydxhes]

[attachment=0:2gydxhes]thumbnail.jpg[/attachment:2gydxhes]

Attachments

• flock.jpg
    flock.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 387
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 368

seb

Reaction score
Compared to the singers of "right said fred","bronski beat",or "midnight-oil",I know who I would rather look like.

seb

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
seb said:
Compared to the singers of "right said fred","bronski beat",or "midnight-oil",I know who I would rather look like.
peter garett looks pretty decent imo but he has alopecia not male pattern baldness

Not being nasty,but he looks horrendous IMO.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
peter garett looks pretty decent imo but he has alopecia not male pattern baldness

+1
He would look even better with some prominent eyebrows, like Patrick Stewart.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
My god it's all about the eyebrows

Get me those f****ing eyebrows :woot:

your post put a smile on my face :woot:

my ex was crazy for my eyebrows, it's not that I have too much of them.. just enough. considering she was blond with pale skin and very little eyebrows, she had a thing about the eyebrows :punk:

T

TravisB

Yeah, thick, dark, expressive eyebrows are surely a good thing. Especially when you are bald so you don't look like a chemo patient.

B

Beingbaldsucks

It depends. I think it's better to be tall and bald then people who are really too short but besides that hair will take it overall