Height Or Hair? - 7 Word Minimum Is Just Stupid

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stand a luxurious 5-8, 5-9 if my feet are retaining water and I wear my insoles.

I sometimes think If I was taller the hairloss wouldnt be as big of a deal to me. I see plenty of 6' + guys shaving their heads or even just rocking the thinning crown fine. My assumption is the height just does give them a decent artificial confidence advantage.

Would you rather have hair and be 5-6 (I still think 5-8 is mildly average for a guys height)

or

Balding (noticeably) but be 6-1 +?

I might take the height honestly.

At what height do you think hair loss isnt really a major issue on guys for themselves and how society views them? 5-10, 5-11? Do you need to be over 6' for society to look past your bald?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
It's kind of a difficult hypothetical question, I think if you were never really tall it's not something you can really miss, but since we are all born with a full head of hair, it's harder to bear losing it all when it's part of your fundamental self image.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being bald sucks even if you're tall as f***.. just look at Lebron.

But yeah, obviously being bald AND short is much more pathetic.

INT

Reaction score
You can have a good height
You can have a good face
You can have a horrible heigh
You can have a horrible face
You can have an absolute 1 out of a 1000 gorgeous face
But you cannot have an absolute 1 out of a 1000 gorgeous height

So I go for face

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
5"9 here. It limits your potential with girls a bit, but it's absolutely not like balding. With short height you can always go for Asian girls, which are the better choice anyways.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
For reference Tom Cruise is only 5'6" tall and gets plenty of pussy.
Women care about the face first, everything else is secondary

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have as much money as Tom Cruise?
Money will only get you so far. If you're 5"6' and ugly as sin you wont be pulling in the type of tail that Cruise does.

Tom Cruise is a good looking guy, sure his fame and fortune might help a bit, but I think most of his wives were attracted to his looks and not his $$$

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tall and jacked and u will be fine even when bald, unless ur face is extremely bad. Short, fat and bald, that is the wombo combo u should not go for.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
the worst is when I ask a guy who appears a foot taller than I " damn dude you like 6-5?" And he responds 5-11. I want to blow my brains out, especially when he's got great hair.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I’m 5’11 and a half and tell people I’m 6 feet and they don’t bat an eye...

I fucken hâte balding it effects me every fucken day, but I would never wanna be shorter than 5’10... if someone said 5’9 and gorgeous hair I’d most likely take it over my current situation but anything shorter than that I rather have what I have now lol

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd take losing a couple of inches of height and for that matter penis length if it meant keeping my hair full as it is now. I don't see a problem with being 5-8 or 5 inch dick, I'm still me and attractive. A smaller than 5 inch dick would be an insecurity for real but even then it's not on display like balding and the girl is invested. 5-7 would be the cut off for me but I see girls develop a crush/date hot full head shorter guys a fair bit, never an unattractive guy without an explanation like mutual friends, connection, baggage, money e.t.c. When it gets to being short v baldness v small dick all our going to cause problems in different ways.

Your question about society not caring about baldness with compensation is quite open ended. Height can compensate, a masculine face can, body, skin tone e.t.c. Different ways to pull it off yet all kinds of people get bullied so it's the package together that counts. Sounds like you're 5-7 but you already have the most important attributes to pull it off since I've seen you: masculine face and shape, thick neck, body frame and some muscle. I advise you to cut down your size though as it's not going to be good for your knees in the long run since you're pretty big. At this point I think it's more psychological bro, you're more than fine, looking masculine but the contrast with your brother bothers you on some level still. You've achieved a lot in life in terms of your business and hobbies too, something to be proud about. I would get a massive FUT if I was you to get a good head of hair and work on my skin as best as possible (you mentioned looking older once). Not sure if it's genetics, the fact you take minoxidil or both. But sorting this out would allow younger girls to be into you which you mention now and then being a problem.

You once described and showed me your brother, how he has retained his good looks and does well with girls. It's not just hair but his skin is youthful and ageing well. This is purely genetic. I'm in that boat and although I take care of my skin daily it's actually the genetic factors that dominate. I only take care of my skin to prevent damage but I don't go OTT. Remarkable, we all know people who smoke, party and worship the sun yet look decades younger. It's always risky though as genetics could be overcome as well as other adverse effects which is why it's best to limit it to a few weeks a year. Then there are people who don't live in the sense they avoid having fun yet they are bald and have worse skin.

On another note I would say having good hair is not just about it being full but also calibre/characteristics play a role.