Heart Problems since oral minoxidil

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to warn you guys. I used oral minoxidil for around 1 year at 10mg per day. I had no results at all, just thicker beard and longer eyelashes and shitty skin.

When i was on oral minoxidil, i noticed i developped very short breath and poor endurance (in particular when doing sport) compared to before minoxidil.

I decided to stop oral minoxidil in June 2021 and i still have the same symptoms (exept the wrinkles caused by minoxidil are gone now). I suspect heart hyperthrophy.

Before minoxidil by heart rate at rest was around 65bpm and now i am around 85bpm, sometimes even more.

Just to warn you. Be safe. Dont take high dose like me and stay in 1-5mg/daily range

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to warn you guys. I used oral minoxidil for around 1 year at 10mg per day. I had no results at all, just thicker beard and longer eyelashes and shitty skin.

When i was on oral minoxidil, i noticed i developped very short breath and poor endurance (in particular when doing sport) compared to before minoxidil.

I decided to stop oral minoxidil in June 2021 and i still have the same symptoms (exept the wrinkles caused by minoxidil are gone now). I suspect heart hyperthrophy.

Before minoxidil by heart rate at rest was around 65bpm and now i am around 85bpm, sometimes even more.

Just to warn you. Be safe. Dont take high dose like me and stay in 1-5mg/daily ra
how long for the skin to revert back to baseline btw did you keep the eyelashes gains an do you think i could avoid those sides at 5mg daily thank.

weird thing i that so far i lost ground on oral min compared to topical and i'm turning into a f*****g ape excepted i got absolutely no results hair wise.....

is there any way to check for heart hypertrophy and reverse it ?

Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long for the skin to revert back to baseline btw did you keep the eyelashes gains an do you think i could avoid those sides at 5mg daily thank.

weird thing i that so far i lost ground on oral min compared to topical and i'm turning into a f*****g ape excepted i got absolutely no results hair wise.....

is there any way to check for heart hypertrophy and reverse it ?

Can you elaborate on how you lost ground? How long have you been on oral min? Did you experience a significant shed after starting it? Perhaps you temporarily lost ground due to the shed? Hypertrichosis typically appears early with OM use and scalp hair usually only shows visible results well after the recovery from the initial big shed which takes time.

You would need to see a cardiologist to check your heart.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This whole thing about not knowing the mechanics of how minoxidil works is an absolute joke in this day and age. Surely they can remove what causes the cardiac issues and extract what actually grows hair.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on how you lost ground? How long have you been on oral min? Did you experience a significant shed after starting it? Perhaps you temporarily lost ground due to the shed? Hypertrichosis typically appears early with OM use and scalp hair usually only shows visible results well after the recovery from the initial big shed which takes time.

You would need to see a cardiologist to check your heart.
little it more than 2 months at 2.5mg . i lost every vellus i had gained on topical min on my temples ( and i got those vellus only after 2 weeks on it as i'm a turbo responder to topical min) . so far i 'm not shedding any hair at all.

the pic i attached is my results after a few weeks on topical only. i my temple no on oral min looks slick bald. i stoppe the topical caue as ususal it was wrecking my skin

Attachments

• hair 5.PNG
    hair 5.PNG
    867.6 KB · Views: 129

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are a good responder to topical then you should likely be the same for oral min. It would be really strange if you were in worse shape 6 months from now.

Were you doing topical and oral at the same time initially? Are you taking oral min in tablet form?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
little it more than 2 months at 2.5mg . i lost every vellus i had gained on topical min on my temples ( and i got those vellus only after 2 weeks on it as i'm a turbo responder to topical min) . so far i 'm not shedding any hair at all.

the pic i attached is my results after a few weeks on topical only. i my temple no on oral min looks slick bald. i stoppe the topical caue as ususal it was wrecking my skin
Increase your oral dose. This OP is just paranoid and a hypohondriac.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Increase your oral dose. This OP is just paranoid and a hypohond
If you are a good responder to topical then you should likely be the same for oral min. It would be really strange if you were in worse shape 6 months from now.

Were you doing topical and oral at the same time initially? Are you taking oral min in tablet form?
i stopped topical min 2 weeks before starting the oral but the vellus were still there at the beginning on oral min

honestly i'm thinking about giving up on min for good as my hair are too far gone anyways and i was just looking for a way to gain eyebro and eyelashes permanently.

do you think i coud get decent results on eyebbrows applying it topically ? i tried it beofre but didn't stick with it as i had the feeling it was makng me loose ground on my eyebrows

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Increase your oral dose. This OP is just paranoid and a hypohondriac.
btw sorry to ask but do you think oral min long term can cause heart hypertrophy that is irreversible or would this subside and get nack tonormal with a long enough time off the Ddrug? thanks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw sorry to ask but do you think oral min long term can cause heart hypertrophy that is irreversible or would this subside and get nack tonormal with a long enough time off the Ddrug? thanks
You have to be smart about it.Monitor yourself for blood pressure and pulse rate.I am about to start oral min. and i ll do that for the first 2 weeks.Better be safe than sorry.You have to take the doubt out of the equation.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to be smart about it.Monitor yourself for blood pressure and pulse rate.I am about to start oral min. and i ll do that for the first 2 weeks.Better be safe than sorry.You have to take the doubt out of the equation.
my bp and resting eart rate didn't change so far so it's all goo ( even if i feel some chest tightness) , i had an ecg done and it was normal but i'm going to schedule an echocardiogram
Its totally reversible I read about it. Its basically thickening of heart muscles. Once the cause is eliminated it will reverse back.

thanks for the answer it gives me peac of ind knowing that can you link me the publication or study? i thought i saw something smilar with a woman developing fluid in the lung and heart that revert back to normal once she stopped. btw what do you think of applying minoxidil directly on eyebrow to have eyerow gains?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
my bp and resting eart rate didn't change so far so it's all goo ( even if i feel some chest tightness) , i had an ecg done and it was normal but i'm going to schedule an echocardiogram

thanks for the answer it gives me peac of ind knowing that can you link me the publication or study? i thought i saw something smilar with a woman developing fluid in the lung and heart that revert back to normal once she stopped. btw what do you think of applying minoxidil directly on eyebrow to have eyerow gains?
U lack eyevrows?

Just read about it dude. And stop being so scared. I have no chest tightness or anything abnormal. Despite using high dosage im safe you arent safe you may die as time goes on.