Head Tattooing?

s.a.f

Reaction score
So what happens when the rest of you hair turns grey/white?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the hair turning gray thing b/c I only had my scar done. In fact I'm still skeptical about how it would look all over one's head. I only know that my scar is less visible now.

But for UCMan, headstyl doesn't seem to be the way to go. They say the procedure fades after a few years or so but there's still an underlying darkness to it. It never fully fades. So after a few procedures over a few years you get almost a ridiculous looking shadow all over the top of your head. Almost like this
hiswm.JPG

I had mine done at Artistry Concepts in Englewood Florida. It's a couple who runs it and they're very cool people and have a tremendous understanding of the art of what they're doing and how closely shaved follicles should look. The procedure is permanent as it is an actual tattoo, but you won't have to endure skin damaging numerous procedures where there is potential for lasting negative effects.

If you do a search and check out their website you'll have a better understanding. There's a lot of info on their site.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Pguy. That looked like a midgets head in that photo but I see what you mean. I've already looked at AHRC and it already looks better than Headstyl. It looks a little riskier since it is permanent but it looks like they use better tools and grasp the whole art and attention to detail so it could be worth it. Even though HS they say they don't go as deep as a regular tattoo, I bet that getting repeat procedures would do some irreversable damage that might rule out better treatments down the line. The eastern european guy on the AHRC site looks good and is making me seriously consider flying out to Florida.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just so there's no confusion this is where I went...

http://www.artistryconceptshairreplication.com/

I def wouldn't recommend anywhere else. These guys seem to be the best out there. Again I can't say how a whole head would look, but I'm happy with my scar result.

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
So what happens when the rest of you hair turns grey/white?

:agree:

epictetus

Reaction score
Tattoos inevitably fade, so you'll need a touch-up. When you start turning gray, have them use gray ink.

Alternatively, if you start graying too quickly, they can inject ink dissolver to lighten it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What happens when you jump into a thread without reading the whole thing? You ask a question that has already been answered, that's what happens.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I was telling my conspiracy theorist friend about my plans and he told me to be careful of Florida. He watched some 20/20 expose on how Florida is notorious for scamming due to lax laws and a high elderly population. I told him that was about cheap perscription drugs and how that had nothing to do with my situation. I know he is concerned but I haven't heard any damning evidence against AHRC. I'll keep looking though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just make sure you see some examples in person, it could be like hair transplant's there are people who regret it and keep quiet out of embarrasment.

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
I say go for it, you'd have to maintain a buzz but it'd be no different than what I assume you're already doing