Head Tattooing?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
A possible solution for not only the follicularly challenged but for the financially as well? Hairwayorthehighway posted this link in another thread.

http://www.headstyl.com/

This looks like it could possibly be a good alternative to an hair transplant or hairsystem, both of which are very pricey. I would just have to keep my head shaved regularly like I already do, the only difference would be that my horseshoe would be gone and I would have a hairline framing my face again for the first time in almost ten years! I would look better in my clothes. Women would find me attractive again. God dammit, should I do it?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hate to rain on your parade but that doesn't look natural at all to me... don't do it Um, get a system, or start saving up for something big, other then that - nothing you can do (oh there's that little thing called 'acceptance', in case any newcomers read this, but it has nothing to do with Um).

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanks for moving my thread guys...now it will never see the light of day.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry, you know as well as anyone that impact is my home.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
UCMan,

I've been researching this topic but can't find any real solid pics or testimonials on the web. It's a little discouraging. Have you been able to find any pics beside the ones on the site you posted? Just curious. Thanks.

Cassin

Reaction score
There is a guy who used to post here who got it done. I have always wondered what it looks like currently.

Any of the old timers remember who that was? The British guy who got injured playing rugby and literally could not smile?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There was another thread about this topic PG and there was a good before and after photo, but for the most part I'm having trouble finding this specific practice with online searches. I'm coming up with alot of salons that do women's eyes and eybrows. They say they can use the technique for men to camoflauge thinning hair but I don't want to get tatted up by Mei Ling at the local SuperCuts. There is a place called Headsyl (sounds bad already) and they only feature this one guy on their site in a dumb slideshow of sorts. But there is another place in England. I forget they guys name but he apparently developed the whole Micropigmentation technique as it applies to bald men in Australia. I believe that specific info is in the other thread as well. I sent Headstyl an email BTW. Haven't heard back from them yet.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I sent them an e-mail about two weeks ago and have yet to hear back. Then a follow up yesterday and so we'll see. I personally am looking for it for my strip scar, but I am interested in only finding someone who is skilled enough to do a whole head that way at least I know they know what they're doing.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the response I received from them. I'm not sure what to make of it.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by a delay in responding to you. We are currently under-going a restructure for expansion plans to offer further clinics and locations to clients. Our main clinic is based in Spain and at the moment we are currently able to also offer selective treatments in South-eastern America . We will be offering further clinic locations in due course which are planned for Florida and San Francisco , where you can meet us between September 18th to September 28th.

If you would like to pose any other questions we are happy to consult on line considering the geographical difference between us currently, unless you are able to visit us. Thank you again."

Does this mean they will have clinics during that time for some reason or consultations? I'm a little confused as to what they'll be doing in the US in September.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If they are expanding then I hope they don't advertise because then alot of people will know to look out for it. If it does I can see guys who choose to be bald :jackit: growing it out in fear of being accused of head tattooing. Which will make the ones that still do stick out even more. :shakehead: I would still probably do it if it looked good enough and instead of bleeding and discoloration, it just fades over ten years or so like a long lasting henna tattoo. But they need to answer my questions honestly first.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
im most likely going to get this done soon by a place in the states..those UK places seem kinda of wack to me,the american place looks good and has been answering my billion questions ive had for them,the UK place i just emailed for the hell of it,i got that same email,but than they just emailed me back,there idiots..i only think a few of there photos look good,

also the USA place says it will not fade as long as you care for it good the first year which means dont be out in the sun for long without sunblock,says it will last forever and says it will not fade or turn green or anything like that

i do have tattoos and they look just as good as they did 8 years ago when i got them,its because ive taken care of them,

so if i get this done..ill post lots of pictures

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
threats...what US place do you mean? I couldn't find one in the US. Let me know b/c I'd be very interested. If possible could you post some of the responses from them? Thanks it'd be much appreciated.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
my opinions regarding head tattooing are mixed.

At first glance I instantly took to the idea. Not neccasarily that I was going to rush of and get one (I will cross that road when the time comes - when im at the point of nearing shaving me head :( ) but I felt a tinge of rare warmth in regards to hair loss treatments. I looked at some pics and they all looked pretty good. Compared to what I think of hair transplant's, hair pieces, and medication, this looks (or should I say looked) pretty simple, cheap and realistic.

However..Much of my concerns have already been voiced by others on this thread. How long will the ink stay for example ? Im not sure if I would want it to stay for ever. It wouldnt look right once you get to your 50-60's onwards.

Then how recognisable would it really be? I mean the pictures on the whole look decent. Not amazing but even when you know they are 'fake' you cant really tell. But perhaps actually being face to face it might look a little more obvoius.

Compared to an hair transplant it definitly sounds better; hair transplants dont last, are expensive, and generally seem like a hassle. Hair pieices, well I would consider wearing one now and again..But everyday? I dont think so. It just sounds so unpractical. You would have the constant worry of it coming of your head.

In conclusion, I guess this might be something to consider in due time. This is the only treatment I would really consider feasible so far. I am early 20's now, so I am not desperate yet when it comes to treatment. I could wait 20 more years for something like HM to come out. But if I was very bald in the not to distant future..I would definetly consider this. The difference between having that light stubble on your head and none, is stupidly, massive. It really makes the difference between framing your face and not. I guess there are numerous variables to consider, like if I looked alright bald anyway, then I wouldnt be too concerned about getting something like this. I think Uman made the point earlier, that there is a risk if it catches on and becomes more popular (which is highly likely) people will probably become a lot more adapt at spotting it.

Whether I could also risk being known as the bald man that tatooed his head is another question to contemplate as well. I guess you could probably let your friends in on it, Im sure they wouldnt care that much. It might really have a positive impact on things.

Excuse me for writing a lot, but if you look in those pictures, its the darker guys that come out better once again. First of they didnt look so bad in their original pictures, but in the after ones the tatooing looked really good. Probably harder to tell on them. Its the bulbous white bonce heads that looked nasty at first and moderate after.. From a hair loss perspective, I hate being white. Hell, Id even say the only race hair loss really affects is whites.. f*** this.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The job can last from anywhere between a few months to well over a year depending on skin types, shedding and maintenance (ie. no overexposure to the sun) but 1 year is average. The posterboy for Headstyl has too hard of an edge for that stenciled hairline look. That gives it away IMO but there are a few with impressive results. They would have to follow my hairline and diffuse the edges for a more natural, believable look. They finally sent me an email with a video link. The first one blew me away but the second one not so much.

[YouTube] http://www.youtube.com/user/headstyl#p/a

http://www.headstyl.com/gallery.html
[/YouTube]

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Lighter colored pigment fades faster so I should have a good couple of years in between touch ups if that. I would need a consultation but they aren't in the states yet I think. They don't go as deep as a regular tattoo but I'm not sure if prolonged repeat procedures are going to damage your scalp and follicles, risking not being a good candidate for HM down the line. But who really knows when that will be or if in our lifetime at all. We've been jerked around for so long with the proverbial carrot on a stick that it is beyond insulting. I can't stand it anymore. I can't wait for that sh*t. Every day being bald is like serving a sentence, just waiting and hoping for the day you will be freed. This is a way out of the misery and I want to do it. HM be damned.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You really need to see it in real life first.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
UCMan don't go to headstyl...I had a guy do it who's based in Ft. Meyers Florida and it came out great for my strip scar. I'll give you the info shortly but I'm heading out right now. There is a fundamental problem with the methods used by headstyl and those like them...anyway I'll post again later today or tomorrow.