Head and Shoulders is bad....

Jambo

Reaction score
I used H&S (Classic Clean) for years and feel there is a high chance it accelerated my hair loss. After I stopped using it I hardly seen any hairs on my hands when washing my hair. With H&S I had quite a lot.

It's impossible to say if it was because of H&S or in spite of it but it seems quite possible based on several similar reports.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As far as I know ther's no evidence that proves sulphates cause or contribute to hair loss. The vast majority of shampoos have sulphates in them (even Nizoral) so there must be millions of people putting sulphates in their hair without any hair loss. Sulphates can dry out your hair and make it look shitty though, so if you are suffering from hair loss using a sulphate free shampoo wouldn't do any harm - every little helps when you're losing your hair....................

FudgeMoney24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally speaking, it's my understanding that it's healthier not to shampoo your hair every time you take a shower, but there doesn't appear to be any correlation between hair loss and shampoo usage

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ofcourse its accelerating hairloss. They are too heavy for hair and scalp mostly forcing itself to overload your head with tons of sebum. Just ask non male pattern baldness ( or people who dont really care about that much about hair like we do) how often they wash hair.

They do it everyday sometimes even twice per day.

How i know?

Because i know. Baam!

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'll be changing my shampoo from head and shoulders to nioxin today, will update if any changes are noticed!

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
The topical antimicrobial zinc pyrithione is a heat shock response inducer that causes DNA damage and PARP-dependent energy crisis in [cultured] human skin cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2866994/

I cannot use shampoo with zinc pyrithione because it burns my scalp within a minute of application. I then need to rinse my head abundantly to remove that nasty stuff. Maybe it's because of the above or maybe I'm just allergic.

Taking into account the linked study, it's not out of the question that zinc pyrithione could cause hair to fall out.

PS: Nice necropost btw. =p

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, I remember when I was in the third year of my High school and I decided to use Head and Shoulders every second day since my hair was very oily all the time. My hair looked epic then, however the strange coincidence was that after a few months male pattern baldness f*****g started and in 6 months totally destroyed my hairline. Such a f*****g shame, girls used to comment upon my looks, that I looked like a model, even stalked me to my home and now they just do not give a f***. What a f*****g joke.

it was same for me too

I was just too shy to respond to them

now that I tried to combat shyness, baldness comes and getting older and older, there is no point lol

cruel world