HDAC 4 Is most likely the cause of our suffering

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just typed this up on the raypeat forums. I highly suggest y’all take a read and I would so appreciate some insight. But I truly believe hdac4 is the big ticket item in balding.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
HDACs upregulate the AR and PRLR, but calcification is just a spurious correlation, it has no causal role in Androgenetic Alopecia. It's like saying heart disease causes Androgenetic Alopecia because bald men have atheroslerosis. That said, HDACs and HATs are very important causal factors imo.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HDACs upregulate the AR and PRLR, but calcification is just a spurious correlation, it has no causal role in Androgenetic Alopecia. It's like saying heart disease causes Androgenetic Alopecia because bald men have atheroslerosis. That said, HDACs and HATs are very important causal factors imo.
Not exactly sure about that. There is this documented case of an assistant who found that in the dead bodies of bald men their scalps were calcified. And there is a correlation of heart disease and balding. I think the focus is bone. Because everything about hair related to bone and insulin.
The fact hdac4 is related trps1 in a direct way make this way more to an casual and being one of the largest genetic hit markers adds testament to that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not exactly sure about that. There is this documented case of an assistant who found that in the dead bodies of bald men their scalps were calcified. And there is a correlation of heart disease and balding. I think the focus is bone. Because everything about hair related to bone and insulin.
The fact hdac4 is related trps1 in a direct way make this way more to an casual and being one of the largest genetic hit markers adds testament to that.

Wnt inhibition is implicated in metabolic syndrome. Wnt inhibition is also what causes Androgenetic Alopecia downstream. Metabolic syndrome and Androgenetic Alopecia are correlated. Does that mean Androgenetic Alopecia is caused by metabolic syndrome, or that they share some of the same genetic influences? Calcified scalps being found in Androgenetic Alopecia doesn't mean that's what caused Androgenetic Alopecia. It may mean that the same thing that causes Androgenetic Alopecia causes calcification too, or it could be that aging increases the risk of both. HDAC4 is also related to AR and PRLR. TRPS1 is also correlated with Androgenetic Alopecia. It seems more likely that it goes something like TRPS1>HDAC4>AR>PRLR>Wnt. Also, TRPS1 is simply correlated with Androgenetic Alopecia, it doesn't mean that everyone who has Androgenetic Alopecia has an issue with TRPS1. Most probably don't, it's just that those who do are at a greater risk for Androgenetic Alopecia.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wnt inhibition is implicated in metabolic syndrome. Wnt inhibition is also what causes Androgenetic Alopecia downstream. Metabolic syndrome and Androgenetic Alopecia are correlated. Does that mean Androgenetic Alopecia is caused by metabolic syndrome, or that they share some of the same genetic influences? Calcified scalps being found in Androgenetic Alopecia doesn't mean that's what caused Androgenetic Alopecia. It may mean that the same thing that causes Androgenetic Alopecia causes calcification too, or it could be that aging increases the risk of both. HDAC4 is also related to AR and PRLR. TRPS1 is also correlated with Androgenetic Alopecia. It seems more likely that it goes something like TRPS1>HDAC4>AR>PRLR>Wnt. Also, TRPS1 is simply correlated with Androgenetic Alopecia, it doesn't mean that everyone who has Androgenetic Alopecia has an issue with TRPS1. Most probably don't, it's just that those who do are at a greater risk for Androgenetic Alopecia.
I don’t think people with Androgenetic Alopecia have an issue with trps1. But I believe that the mass majority who have trsp1 syndrome have Androgenetic Alopecia to some degree.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think people with Androgenetic Alopecia have an issue with trps1. But I believe that the mass majority who have trsp1 syndrome have Androgenetic Alopecia to some degree.
Who knows really. People with TRPS get Androgenetic Alopecia, while people with Ambrase syndrome(Slightly higher TRPS1 activity than TRP syndrome) turn into werewolves.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows really. People with TRPS get Androgenetic Alopecia, while people with Ambrase syndrome(Slightly higher TRPS1 activity than TRP syndrome) turn into werewolves.
Which makes sense. Trps1 syndrome is lack of trps expression. Too much and bam hella hair. But this is interesting because Ambrase affects hair all over body.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. Do you believe the prolactin angle? The antibody study done on monkeys and the photos. Do u believe that’s a real honest study?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which makes sense. Trps1 syndrome is lack of trps expression. Too much and bam hella hair. But this is interesting because Ambrase affects hair all over body.
No, it doesn't make sense. TPRS is the loss of all TRPS1 function. Ambras syndrome is the loss of most TRPS1 function, 97-98% of it. Inhibiting TPRS1 by 98% causes massive hair growth, but inhibiting it 100% causes hair loss. That's not an expected result.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it doesn't make sense. TPRS is the loss of all TRPS1 function. Ambras syndrome is the loss of most TRPS1 function, 97-98% of it. Inhibiting TPRS1 by 98% causes massive hair growth, but inhibiting it 100% causes hair loss. That's not an expected result.
Oh I thought u were saying trsp1 in ambras was elevated

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely.
Then why the lack of media converge and insane excitement. I mean finasteride worked on the monkeys and humans. So if it worked on monkeys it must work on humans. I mean obviously not a guarantee but it’s looking likely. But if it likely then it’s a hollygrail. Unless their is something they aren’t telling us.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I thought u were saying trsp1 in ambras was elevated
So I gathered. I worded that badly lol. I meant TRPS1 is slightly higher in AS than in TRPS. Both are highly downregulated

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then why the lack of media converge and insane excitement. I mean finasteride worked on the monkeys and humans. So if it worked on monkeys it must work on humans. I mean obviously not a guarantee but it’s looking likely. But if it likely then it’s a hollygrail. Unless their is something they aren’t telling us.
The media doesn't have a clue. The things they get excited about are stupid. HMI is a Chinese company and they have already raised enough money. There was some excitement in Chinese media, but there won't be much in Western media until they have a successful human trial since they don't seem to care about attention. The media only writes stories about scientific discoveries when the university PR team contacts them about it.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The media doesn't have a clue. The things they get excited about are stupid. HMI is a Chinese company and they have already raised enough money. There was some excitement in Chinese media, but there won't be much in Western media until they have a successful human trial since they don't seem to care about attention. The media only writes stories about scientific discoveries when the university PR team contacts them about it.
I hope u are right. Because based on what I saw. This sh*t is It. I have heard reports of dopamine agonists that work on the receptor of prolactin to speak degree seriously thickening mens hair. And I think there was something documented where dopamine agonists cause hair loss in women but not men

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope u are right. Because based on what I saw. This sh*t is It. I have heard reports of dopamine agonists that work on the receptor of prolactin to speak degree seriously thickening mens hair. And I think there was something documented where dopamine agonists cause hair loss in women but not men
Dopamine absolutely shreds hair in men and women, so it's noteworthy that sometimes dopamine agonists actually cause hair growth in men, likely due to inhibiting prolactin.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the study on TRPS I and AS. Maybe you can crack the code. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2572698/

There are therefore many possible explanations for the differences in hair phenotypes between patients with TRPS I and those with AS. One explanation is that TRPS1 is a transcription factor capable of acting as both a transcriptional repressor and/or activator, depending on the context and amount of protein present. A second possibility is that TRPS1 is capable of binding to numerous cofactors with various functions. Still a third possibility is that TRPS1 transcriptionally regulates both genes that activate and repress hair growth, to varying degrees. In the case of AS, where low levels of TRPS1 transcript are present, these balances of transcriptional regulation may be skewed, resulting in an excessive hair phenotype. Additional studies are necessary to define the precise function of TRPS1 in the context of hair follicle growth.

I wish Angela Christiano would do more interviews again. I'd like to know if she has figured out how TRPS1 affects hair growth

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If magnesium aids in decalcifying the scalp… & I’m saying if. magnesium glycinate is one option to raise magnesium levels. Most adults ( between 50-80%) have low levels of magnesium. Acute deficiencies are treated w) IV’s. Magnesium typically stays in body 24 hours where it’s absorbed or excreted.
To raise magnesium levels can take 40 weeks. Taking Vitamjn B complex aids in magnesium absorption. It’s rare to overdose on magnesium, so another box to check.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If magnesium aids in decalcifying the scalp… & I’m saying if. magnesium glycinate is one option to raise magnesium levels. Most adults ( between 50-80%) have low levels of magnesium. Acute deficiencies are treated w) IV’s. Magnesium typically stays in body 24 hours where it’s absorbed or excreted.
To raise magnesium levels can take 40 weeks. Taking Vitamjn B complex aids in magnesium absorption. It’s rare to overdose on magnesium, so another box to check.
Magnesium is not likely to solve the problem May slow it down to some degree. Nominal perhaps. As the issue is more complex than that.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re probably right.. Vitamin B6 helps magnesium absorption by 24% GNC has a good 60 day liquid B complex for $10