HawaiiMale's Story - (6 YEAR UPDATE COMING SOON!)

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Im a 23 year old male. I noticed my hair thinning probably since I was 20 -21 years old. My father is bald, Norwood 7 +. My Grandfather is also bald NW7 +. My mothers side doesnt have any baldness. Ive been combating my hair loss for nearly 2 months now. Only sides from Finasteride so far is watery semen, and testicular pain. The testicular pain usually occurs at night and on one side (right or left) at a time. I noticed my epidimus is usually enlarged when i have the pain in my testicle.

Some pics of month 1 of treatment now follow.

month1treat.jpg

month1treatment.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

Pob

Reaction score
I have also just reached 2 months of propecia, and my amount of hairloss is very similar to yours. Fortunately I have had no sides.

It's early days for both of us. It's important to stick with a consistent treatment with no changes for at least a year before a proper assesment of progress can be made. I wish you the very best of luck and it'll be interesting to see how we both get on.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my hair was about as thin as yours on top and on the vertex, my temples were receded more than yours, but mine were thicker. Im 30 years old and losing for about 10 years. Now, after 8 mos. Finasteride and 2 mos. minoxodil, I cant see ANY scalp on the top except a small baldspot on the crown that is still filling in. My hair thickened up greatly, and I was just as thin as you on top.

OCD

Reaction score
wangho75, did you notice much thickening during the 6 months on finasteride, or do you attribute your results to the 2 months on minoxidil?

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I would really like some insight to the testicle pain. Can someone tell me if they experienced the pain and what the symptoms were like. example ; swollen epidimus etc ...

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
i think minoxidil is more important for diffuse_thinner..ocd's question is so important..my frontal line is better than you..but i think same thickenss(may be your hairs are thicker) ..i can guess...if u comb your hair carefully,u can hide bald spots(with long hairs)?..i read some stories like us..generally propecia don t help us..people use alot of treatments..so we can t know if it is propecia or minoxidil..i always think our hairloss type..why ludwig scale like women??..doe hairloss types have a role in treatment?..another point is age..most of diffusers are younger in my observations..i m not sure exactly..anyway..good luck hawai..(i had good result with minoxidil..i hope it will work for you)

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OCD said:
wangho75, did you notice much thickening during the 6 months on finasteride, or do you attribute your results to the 2 months on minoxidil?

I had good improvemnt on the finasteride alone, then I added minoxidil, and things got even better and more acute. Adding minoxidil seems to have really energized everything and sped things up. I feel im getting optimal results for using both together.

jeffsss

Reaction score
diffuse_curse said:
i think minoxidil is more important for diffuse_thinner..ocd's question is so important..my frontal line is better than you..but i think same thickenss(may be your hairs are thicker) ..i can guess...if u comb your hair carefully,u can hide bald spots(with long hairs)?..i read some stories like us..generally propecia don t help us..people use alot of treatments..so we can t know if it is propecia or minoxidil..i always think our hairloss type..why ludwig scale like women??..doe hairloss types have a role in treatment?..another point is age..most of diffusers are younger in my observations..i m not sure exactly..anyway..good luck hawai..(i had good result with minoxidil..i hope it will work for you)

i've heard the exact opposite.

finasteride is supposidly better for diffuse thinners.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
most of people use both of them..so we can t understand their rolesand effectivness..perheaps i am wrong..i read about smt like pattern diffuse and unpattern..so there are two types..there was a story like me in a forum..propecia didnt work..some stories can effect my thougths heartily..
this is my weak side.i avoid propecia..because my hairloss story is very different..if i have a classic norwood scale,i think about it..i prefer minimum risk..i couldn t find an explanation for years..i m 22 now..thinning starts at 14..14 perheaps 13..i can t remember..a secret,mysterious,slow enemy..a very slowy hairloss process..i thougth alot of probabilities..even anagen,telogen eff...iron,thyroid,drugs...my frontal line is same now.. a little difference in my frontal.i mean it is ok...but i have brittle,colorless,fine hairs..u can imagine..it look like a big circle on my head(when my hair is short)..a specific area for thinnig...but i have a stable position..no shedding,no hairloss(i have no hair..what can i lose:)...)..i can hide my curse with a good combing long hair..tha is all

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

finasteride is better product for hairloss then minoxidil in general. Fins effectiveness carries with it a much higher risk of short and potentially long term effects, not to mention it costs more. It is a cost/benefit analysis, but I strongly believe that if you are a diffuse thinner, then finasteride is a must!

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
sorry for changing topic,hawai..testicle pain..are u sure?perheaps another reason..not propecia..discontinue for a few days..write"propecia testicle pain" for a a google search..i found some stories like you..

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
update: Starting to shed now. Noticing more hair in my hands when i shampoo.

Testicle pain is Gone! Had tesicle pain for nearly 2 months, made sex not enjoyable.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
I would recommend revivogen for your type of hairloss. I have used it for 3 months and the result was awesome.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
do not worry about shedding. It will go away in a couple of weeks ( 4 weeks max). Just ride it out ... Good luck

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I will look into revivogen Ras Gas if things get worse. For now I want to stay away from topicals. thanks for the tip.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
Hawaii male

From my previous experience of Revivgen, I would say that it makes you shed straight away after you use it, where as when using propecia it would take long to start the shedding phase ( as most balders say, 3 months :D )