Having A Hard Time With Feeling Guilty...

Sophie

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi all! I’m 15 and have completely lost my hair. This past year I started wearing hairpieces, but I was beyond stressed for sum,reason. I got this amazing hairpiece called the Swim Tiara and it made me feel so confident. Lately though, in spite of all my resources, I still feel so down. I am visiting some family that is unaware of my condition and they will most likely see me without a wig. I’ve been trying to push away the feelings of guilt I have from the medical bills associated with treatment and hairpieces and I feel just so beyond selfish, ugly, and guilty that I’ve dragged everyone down into this hole with me. Sometimes I just feel like my life would be so much better if I just had hair. I love my Swim Tiara, but it gets so hot and I’m worried about tan lines from the band on the hairline. I just have been feeling really bad for my parents and my aunt who pay for all of this. Can anyone relate?

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you rather have expensive iphones, ipads and other junk you don't need?
There are parent's who don't give a damn about their child's hair loss condition, they have a "man up" attitude, so you have some good people in your life Sophie.

Money is money, you can pay them back anytime when you earn money if you feel so guilty (or better yet, show them your gratitude for their kindness), but no rush.
What's more important is you don't lose the people close to you, i'm sure if the roles were reversed you would support your father/mother/aunt if they had a hair loss condition.

For how else can you spend money in a better way, if not for self investment or for the people you care about, maybe you will learn this better when you get older.

i know guilt very well, its a b**ch, however i know i should be grateful instead.

There is nothing wrong with you, if you didn't have these feelings or thoughts, then you'd be foolish, but i think you're a good person.

Peace.