Hats Off Hair

GreenFood

Reaction score
I had great success contacting him back in August, but he's become dead silent and unresponsive since the beginning of October. This has me worried, since I'm a first time customer of his.

xtacyheritage

Reaction score
He contacted me and told me that his internet and phone was down. I don't completely understand what he meant by that but I have been a customer of his for a couple years now and he never let me down. He did tell me he was expecting a big shipment from China in the next couple of weeks. I also buy my tapes and shampoos from him.

GreenFood

Reaction score
When did he tell you this? The last I heard from Bob was on October 4th, and I've been left in the dark ever since. I did try to call him this afternoon. The phone rang a couple of times before going to the answer machine, but still no answer.
Since this is my first time doing business with him, I just want to make sure everything is okay and that this silence isn't a normal habit. He seemed like a very knowledgeable and trustworthy person when I first spoke to him on the phone, last year. So I've never had the impression he'd screw his customer's over.

xtacyheritage

Reaction score
He emaied me about 2 weeks ago. He apologized and told me he was having internet and phone problems. I ordered in August and hope to receive my system soon.

GreenFood

Reaction score
So sometime during the week of October 20 - 26, Bob told you he'd be receiving a big shipment from China in the following couple of weeks since then. Interesting, because on November 6th he had finally responded back to me and said the factory would be shipping a large number of orders in the next 2-3 weeks. So basically he told us both the same excuse, at two different dates, which dictates he hasn't been telling the truth.

This Monday, November 25th, I got Bob on the phone again to find out what was going on. He decided to finally "tell me the truth", and admitted that the factory wasn't going to release any of the systems back to him until he paid them off. He doesn't have the money to pay the factory, but claims he's been trying to fix this problem. He said this situation arouse when the factory changed the payment policy by demanding last month AND the current months payments. So they want money for systems that are already completed, and systems that are still under construction. This has me confused considering we, the customers, pay the full price upfront. So this has me questioning -- where exactly did our money go?

Has any other of his customers been aware of this?

xtacyheritage

Reaction score
GreenFood. Thanks for the update. Now I'm worried. He told me he would receive a big order from China in a couple of weeks and now it's been a month. I just sent him an email asking for my money back since he obviously cannot follow through with my order. I'm bummed because I was ordering from him for a couple of years. I just wished he was upfront from the beginning. I'm gonna order from somewhere else now since I still have time. I don't think I will get my money back. But if I do receive my system, I am still going to go elsewhere.

GreenFood

Reaction score
Xtacyheritage. In the other thread labeled "Which hair piece company sells the best units now?", there's a user there named "titanjoe" who, on October 11, said he had already waited 12 weeks for a topper hair system. This alone tells me that Bob had known about this "payment" issue for quite some time. If Bob really is trying to fix this problem, he sure is taking his sweet time doing so. When I was on the phone with him on Monday, I asked if he had a estimated date on when he can have this fixed. He replied with, "I don't know." So this could mean we won't even see the systems till some time next year, which leaves people like me screwed because I won't have a system on hand for everything I had planned for in December.
However, if we don't receive the system we ordered by early December, we will be reporting Bob to the Better Business Bureau. The fact of the matter is, since he runs a business, he should have been prepared for the factory's change in payment. And he should have done everything in his power to fix this problem immediately, considering we've already waited months for our product. This is just completely sloppy on Bob's part.

xtacyheritage

Reaction score
GreenFood. I just received an email from Bob. Here is what he said. "I would have replied sooner but we had a family emergency here.
I have a lot of orders that are way overdue. I am trying to get the factory to ship the oldest ones as soon as possible. Hopefully they will be on the way very soon. I will update you as soon as I know they have been shipped.
-Bob"

Anyway , I am now in contact with Jeffrey, the owner of Coolpiece. His systems are a lot cheaper than Bob's but I have to see one before I can judge the quality. Bob's systems were awesome

- - - Updated - - -

GreenFood. I understand your frustration. We are in the same sinking boat. I always replaced my system in 4 months but I believe I can stretch it out to 6 with proper and delicate care and maintenance. But I really don't want to do that if I don't have to for OBVIOUS reasons. I am going to order a system from Jeffrey of Coolpiece on Monday . Looks like its going to take a couple of months for that order to come in. In the meantime, I HOPE Bob follows through and send me the long overdue system. THen I will be good

GreenFood

Reaction score
Judging by the response he gave you, it seems he isn't telling all his customers about his "payment" issue with the factory. Instead, he's using careful wording like "Hopefully they will be on the way very soon." to continue this delay of his. Considering he told me on the phone that he didn't know when he could resolve his issue with the factory, I highly doubt our systems will show up anytime soon. Unless of course he's actually made progresses on his payments. Then again, he could be lying to me about this factory payment issue, since it still doesn't make any sense.

Weren't you going to get a refund back from him? We're considering it if we don't see the system by the end of the week.

We're definitely on the same sinking boat. However, I order Fullcap systems, which takes about two months to make. Since I don't have a system on me at this very moment, I'm completely screwed. All my plans and events for this month are ruined, and I've wasted so many months waiting for my system from Bob.

xtacyheritage

Reaction score
GreenFood

Sorry to hear that Green Food. As a fellow system wearer, I sympathize with you. But I have an idea. I just ordered a system from Coolpiece. The owners name is Jeffrey. I communicated with him over the past couple of weeks. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a custom piece. Of course, it's going to take a couple of months to arrive. But maybe if you call him and tell him of your situation, he would be able to help you. I did my "review" research on his company and its all positive from what I read. His systems are a lot cheaper too when compared to HoH. Good luck and I hope Jeffrey can help you.

BOBBYBOY

Reaction score
I talked to bob markel two weeks ago and he had the same story, he's giving everyone else,even said he can't send my hairpiece ,that he would start sending me $`100.00 a week until paid..........this guy is In deep trouble.he told me the whole story,he owe's the factory in China over $11,000.....sooooooooooo we arn't going to get the piece's he has promised...somebody and everybody has to come together and sue his crook....he has PO BOX#.We have to find out his home address,in order to serve him a warrant or else kiss UR money good by...............

Seabass70

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me! I hate to say it but I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Things like this had happened to me with Bob more than a few times over the past 6 years with him, but I kept trying anyway because I liked his hair. A couple times I received the hair no problem in 2 months, but most times it took 4-6 months and he would rarely respond to emails or phone calls, and when he did it was some new excuse.

I agree completely with GreenFood who asked this question, which I asked Bob, "If we pay you for the hairpiece IN FULL, up front, where does the money go?" He never answered that question. I also pointed out that what we pay him and what he pays the factory is lower so he makes a profit on the hair system. I had received so many lies from him from September to October it was starting to get ridiculous! I even copied his emails and sent them back to him so he could see the different stories he was giving me. After that, he stopped responding.

In November, I finally called American Express and took advantage of my buyers protection. When I informed him I did this he immediately responded. He told me the same thing FINALLY, about owing the factory money. He wanted to pay me $100 every 3 weeks until refunded I told him no, and settled for the $100 every other week. He also told me he would still send me the hair anyway when he can get it due to the issues. That was 4 months ago, I originally ordered in July 2013, but since I received the last payment on my refund, I haven't heard a word from him! I think there is definitely more going on here than we realize. I reported him to the BBB and suggest you all do the same to help other people who might try to order from him. His website should be taken down and he should loose his business license.

Stay away from hatsoffhair.com!!!!

Last edited:

Seabass70

Reaction score
At least you got your money back. I sure didn't. BBB here I come.

Try going through your credit card company or paypal. It may be to late for that, but I have to say, I don't think I would have gotten my money back without reporting him to American Express.

Good Luck!!

BOBBYBOY

Reaction score
Bob is a strange person.this guy lies sooooooooo much that I really think he believes himself.but he did credit a $100.00 to my paypal account. we'll see if he send's the rest in payments of$100.00 every month..by the way.were R u getting your piece's now???