• Yes! That’s not right!!

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Nooo!! Wait abit longer

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Namz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all ... really concerned of the lack of density at 6 months post ... will I expect more growth and density or should I contact my surgeon

Any feedback or experiences would be welcome

* have contacted my surgeon and told me to give few more months and they will re-do it for me! (Not sure how I feel about that)

In the pictures ... the thin area is my transplanted area

Attachments

• 6AE21D82-113B-4A8E-9001-5B3350625A97.jpeg
    6AE21D82-113B-4A8E-9001-5B3350625A97.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3,481
  • DF035CAD-9A15-442F-9CBF-0EAC1BA960E7.jpeg
    DF035CAD-9A15-442F-9CBF-0EAC1BA960E7.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,945

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While a miracle shouldn't be expected at 6 months, the sign of growth here is very much lacking. However, without knowing the number of grafts and the area covered, it is difficult to quantify. Do you have any pre-op and immediately post-op pics? How much shedding did you experience and when did it stop?
The fact that your surgeon already suggested the possibility of re-doing it tells it all - they don't feel that the progress is looking right.

Namz

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my pre op pic ....

I had approx 3500 grafts! - just concerned doing another op on the same scalp again also if it never took the first time ... why should it the 2nd ???

I didn’t experience much shedding at all

Attachments

• D22E24CB-C822-4A28-9F83-8DF8D0FA5BCF.jpeg
    D22E24CB-C822-4A28-9F83-8DF8D0FA5BCF.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,325

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3500 seems realistic in your case, so I would definitely expect better than this by 6 months.
I also had around the same number of grafts 6 months ago. While my progress isn't outstandingly amazing (possibly even a little on the slow side), it is in line with the right expectations. Please feel free to have a look here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/fut-with-dr-b-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/

No shedding at all..interesting. Immediately after the procedure, it usually looks like you have a full head of follicles covering the scalp...do you have any pics? if no shedding at all occurred, did these hair simply not grow at all? It would also have been helpful if you had pictures at regular intervals for comparison.

As for a second procedure, I would not be going back to the same surgeon even if they offer it for free. I'm sure they would demand that you wait another 6 months before claiming refund (if that is a possibility).

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that at six months the results are lacking. Contact your surgeon.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very roughy, this is what to expect in terms of growth. Please see attached image.

HLV

Attachments

• 793B74F2-FDCC-49D8-AFDC-A09798154CC9.jpeg
    793B74F2-FDCC-49D8-AFDC-A09798154CC9.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 793

Namz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmmm .... maybe I should hang on a bit and see how I get on for the next 3 months or so ....

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it another three months but after that I would advise again going back to the same surgeon. Who was your surgeon?

HLV

Namz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mines done In the uk because I don’t like flying :((((

But the surgeon that was doing it was off a Turkish origin

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Could I ask his name?

HLV

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm sorry to see this subpar result at this stage. Unfortunately, UK is known for its high prices and unsatisfactory results, so I can't exactly say I'm surprised this was a UK job. For a nation with fairly decent healthcare standards, I never understood why this is.... quite possibly because it is not as commonly performed in UK due to the general perception on men's 'vanity' etc. , hence there is very little experience or competition.
Please feel free to publicise the surgeon's name for potential customers to avoid using him in future, or at least use it as a threat if they decline to give you a refund.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see this subpar result at this stage. Unfortunately, UK is known for its high prices and unsatisfactory results, so I can't exactly say I'm surprised this was a UK job. For a nation with fairly decent healthcare standards, I never understood why this is.... quite possibly because it is not as commonly performed in UK due to the general perception on men's 'vanity' etc. , hence there is very little experience or competition.
Please feel free to publicise the surgeon's name for potential customers to avoid using him in future, or at least use it as a threat if they decline to give you a refund.

The only surgeon I know of in UK who seems respectable was DR Reddy. I find it strange that the UK only has one real respectable surgeon.

HLV

Namz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou guys for all your support and help! As you may understand that I can only live in hope that things will blossom on my head in the next couple of months or so! (Hopefully)

Spent soo much money time and research in this journey! Don’t want to really go through it again

I’ll keep you all posted

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd echo the above views on the necessity of anti-androgen, however any ethical surgeons should have advised that your hair loss should have been stabilised before the procedure for a better chance of success (many advise at least 6 months on Finasteride ). It seems that such ethics simply do not exist in UK (and many Turkish clinics). They'd rather get your money before you look elsewhere or change your mind.
It could be that DHT is simply overpowering any potential growth of new grafts. I personally feel that it would be best to start ASAP, however you should be aware of the potential shedding and sides...
Another consideration is if you begin Finasteride now, in a few months the clinic may make pathetic excuses as to why your growth isn't how it should be, blaming it on shedding etc.... whichever the case, I wish such clinics could be banned from hair transplant procedures.