has ED sides ever passed with continued use? help please..

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
So last night was the first time since starting oral finasteride that I haven´t been able to perform.. It´s embarrasing of course, but she dealt well with it.
This has happened before, maybe the last time being six months ago. I don´t know for what reason, could be anything, could be topical finasteride, but it was only for a period..

Has anyone ever heard of people getting erection trouble from oral finasteride that have gone away with continuing use? I´m taking 0,5mg btw..

Ende

Reaction score
If it's from finasteride, it'll only get worse. Do you get morning erections?

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
If it's from finasteride, it'll only get worse. Do you get morning erections?

Not really, but it's only been this past week. I have barely had any sleep, don't know if that could be an issue?
This is my fifth week on oral finasteride.
I've had periods of this before, don't know what the cause might have been. Maybe topical finasteride.
Now that I started oral finasteride though, it's easy to think that's the reason, and hard to figure out whether to stop or wait and see.. :dunno:

Ende

Reaction score
Try 50 mg of zinc every day for a couple of weeks, and see if it gets better. It works as an aromatase inhibitor.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Try 50 mg of zinc every day for a couple of weeks, and see if it gets better. It works as an aromatase inhibitor.

Do you mean quit finasteride and then take 50mg zinc or stay on it?
I´ve been on 25mg zinc/day for a year or two..
Will it only get harder to reverse if I stay on finasteride, or is there a chance it could pass?
This side will not be worth it for me to stay on... :whistle:

Ende

Reaction score
I suggest you take more zinc (50 - 100 mg is recommended by Dr. Shippen) and continue using finasteride for a couple of weeks. It's a great chance that you'll recover while using the drug. Quit finasteride and continue with zinc if you don't notice any improvement.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I suggest you take more zinc (50 - 100 mg is recommended by Dr. Shippen) and continue using finasteride for a couple of weeks. It's a great chance that you'll recover while using the drug. Quit finasteride and continue with zinc if you don't notice any improvement.

I quit finasteride about a week ago.. Never thought I would be posting in this section, things went great the first month. Then the fifth week; zang!
Maybe I should try 0,25mg finasteride and 50mg zinc...

Ende

Reaction score
If you did quit, stay off the drug until you're recovered. Use zinc. At least 50 mg a day. It'll help you recover.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
If you did quit, stay off the drug until you're recovered. Use zinc. At least 50 mg a day. It'll help you recover.

Thanks Enden. it feels like I´m slowly recovering..

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the odds that sides would have passed by themselves if I didn´t stop finasteride??
Has anyone got any input here at all? All I really wanted was to pop a pill and stop spending my nights googling hairloss-stuff :(

Ende

Reaction score
captain_que said:
What are the odds that sides would have passed by themselves if I didn´t stop finasteride??
The drug would have fucked you over. Give it another shot with zinc later. I think you'll succeed.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Not much progress as of yet. With stimulation I get all the way up on my own. With a girl it´s half pole..

Ende

Reaction score
Keep your head up. It can take some time before you're normal again. Your testosterone level decreases a bit when you quit finasteride, because of conversion to DHT. How much zinc are you using? Have you noticed any change in refractory period after orgasm, after you begun using finasteride?

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
First morning wood today in a loong time :) Disappeared pretty quick though. Timbeeer..

I got accutane today from my derm to treat my acne. Will be starting out on a low dose (20mg). Don´t know if I should wait starting it until the effects of finasteride are gone? Maybe those two issues don´t interfere at all..

I´ll keep updating this. Perhaps someone in the same boat are interested, if nothing else for following my own progress...

Mens Rea

Reaction score
que....are you freaking serious?

accutane?

you do realise there's peope on propeciahelp and accutane forums with the same problems as PFS?

Stay well clear.

Ende

Reaction score
Accutane is some heavy sh*t from what I've heard. I recommend that you wait untill you've recovered from finasteride. Morning wood is a good sign ;)

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
que....are you freaking serious?

accutane?

you do realise there's peope on propeciahelp and accutane forums with the same problems as PFS?

Stay well clear.

I´m sorry, what´s PFS? I´m not familiar with the term...

I don´t know. I was supposed to get on it a year ago. I´m 25 and still get bad acne; I don´t have much of a choice if I am to clear up do I ? They say at 20 mg risks of sides are minimal. A normal dose for someone my size would be something like 100mg I believe..

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
gefinauser said:
uhhh have you considered taking a long-term antibiotic treatment to your acne eg. tetrasyclic? if you still got bad acne then you should eg. get a doctor specialized in skin diseases to prescribe you to a 6-8 months long antibiotic treatment. or start taking a-vitamin tretinoin to your skin.
idk yes i don't know enough of this issue but there's plenty of sites about acne and the commonly used treatments to it?!

anything is infinitely better than going on something that is similiar to finasteride for you right now.

I´ve been on a dozen different antibiotics over the years (I´ve been troubled by acne for ten years). I´ve even been on accutane as a teenager with little luck.
Accutane is the only treatment that´s proven to cure acne in most who take it..
I do believe that my hairloss can be somewhat linked to sebumproduction, but then again many report hairloss as a side effect.
I believed that finasteride could help both my problems, but certain functions I´m not willing to risk for cosmetological purposes.
This whole thing is making me a mess....

Ende

Reaction score
PFS = "Post Finasteride Syndrome". You've to make up your own mind. I recommend that you wait untill you've recovered from finasteride, but if you know - by personal experience with symptoms - what finasteride is able to do, then go ahead with accutane if you want to. It's important that you're able to identify which drug is causing problems, if you should get any side effects from accutane. You should think really hard before making a decision, if accutane is able to affect sex hormones in any way - and I mean even the slightest chance.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
A little update..: I didn'start the accutane. I'm trying a diet change for my acne atm, might be a long shot but we'll see.

I still get somewhat erect when with a girl, but not enough to perform. My morning woods are the same. It's kind of wrecking the relationship I have with this girl, as it's primarily sexual. It's also putting all projects of laying down other women on hold.
I can get full erections on my own no problem. Requires constant stimulaton and preferably p**rn though..
I'm not stressing out too much about it, just cross my fingers that it won't last too much longer..