Has Anyone With Sides From finasteride Or Saw Palm Been Ok On Zix Or Breezula?

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got sides from topical saw palm. I had almost like a weird crash like experience after quiting saw palm like how the PFS forum guys explain it but sides went away after 3 or so days. I'm apprehesive to start up another treatment, i was wondering if anyone has experienced sides with finasteride or preferably SP has then been fine on zix formula or Breezula/CB0 301?
The guys on propecia help suggest avoiding anything that might block 5ar. Wondering what you lot think.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinion/knowledge on this. I've still got a decent head of hair but i can tell its going quick. I need to do something now. Banned on propeciahelp because my sides went after 3 days (so not a pfs patient)... so im thinking is it worth me trying something like zix or am i going to end up on there with persistent sides?

Was thinking of taking some oral castor oil for hair growth. Helps a bit and only has sides of a upset stomach.

This hair loss stuff is really ruining my life right now, i've already got a bunch of other bad health problems but something so seemingly futile as hair is beating me.

Last edited:

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of people who got sides on fina went on zix, just read trough the big thread.

I strongly advise you to try zix. (start with the original zix formula without enthanol maybe)
I reckon I will. I’m just concerned that if saw palm gave me sides then zix could be even worse

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw palm is much more like fina.

But, only way to find out is to try it
Is that due to the amount of dht reduction or due to it not being a compound that our body digests in the same way. I heard zix can block something like 90% scalp dht which is more than sp

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thinks so. But tbh, I'd love to know what a real bio chemist has to say about the mechanisms of zix.

This is my conjecture about zix and side effects:

The daily suggested intake of zinc ranges from 10 mg to 45 mg from what I've read. The daily suggested intake of B6 is 1,5 mgs (with a max intake of 25 mgs/day by EFSA, european food agency).

So a standard solution of 60 mls of zix contains 3 x 220 mgs zinc. So 660 mgs of zinc in total and 150 mgs of B6.

So 1ml contains 11mg of zinc and 2,5 mgs of B6. One application of zix uses about 2 ml to cover the head. That means if you only apply zix once a day you get (if everything gets into the bloodstream) 22 mgs of zinc and 5 mgs of B6.

This seems to be safe to me, everything is in normal ranges even if you'd apply zix two times/day. Of course the symbiotic effects of zinc an b6 make it have AA properties if we look at the studies, I can see it having a strong effect on local tissue but when going in the bloodstream, the quantities are too low to cause damage. Unlike fina where only a small amount can block a big percentage of DHT.

(and worm said the real amount of zinc is even lower, since there are other filler compounds in those zinc capsules, I assume this is the same for B6 capsules)

Thanks for that detailed info! Is SP also quite strong then in small doses once it goes systemmtically? I'd like to know too, perhaps there's one we can contact.. i wonder if its worth asking around on 'https://www.reddit.com/r/Biochemistry/' (chemist, any idea as to how to word what we'd need to know?

Last edited:

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good idea.

I don't really know how to ask, maybe post my conjecture and ask if they think side effects are less possible with zix compared to fina/saw palm.

Also maybe ask the pharma reddit?
I asked joe via email the creator of zix i belive and i described what happened with SP and he told me he would stay away from zix if it were him. :S. Damn if thats really the case, my hair is screwed. I'm in my early 20's as well. There is literally nothing i can do. I'm so sad about this. At the same time atleast i haven't got PFS eh.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was in your shoes I would still try zix (without ethanol)
It's a tough decision for me to make. The fact that the creator of it recommended me not to has thrown me a bit ngl. I did have crash like symptoms from SP 3 days after my final dose. numbed feeling down there last a few more days 3/4 max then went. what future advancements could be something i could use? I'm guessing CB0 301 isnt completely safe as some of it will still go systematic.. as much as its meant to just work with the follicles, atleast thats what ive heard. Guessing hair multiplication but how long until that comes out... yet alone how long it would be until its like down in price to £10k... which is how much i can realistically fork out. Who knows could be 10 years atleast. Damn this is so saddening. If i could grow a decent beard i wouldn't be as worried but i cant. Thanks for your help though with this and any other opinions on this let me know pigeon.

I know there is one guy on here saying that SP gave him issues but zix didnt... but SP literally gave me a crash of weird symptoms, it wasnt just 'oh my libido went down and my dick wasn't fully hard'.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a PFS victim I am sensitive to all manner of things now. I noticed some strange things on Zix, wasn't all that convinced it was any good for hair either. Keep in mind applying things topically is not the same as oral intake. Zinc topically would bypass the regulation of the digestive system and go into bloodstream directly as a free ion, so you can't draw conclusions from oral intake of zinc being safe.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a PFS victim I am sensitive to all manner of things now. I noticed some strange things on Zix, wasn't all that convinced it was any good for hair either. Keep in mind applying things topically is not the same as oral intake. Zinc topically would bypass the regulation of the digestive system and go into bloodstream directly as a free ion, so you can't draw conclusions from oral intake of zinc being safe.
Yeah i used zix for one day and i now i have lung problems and kidney failure. Don't ever use it, it's very dangerous.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i used zix for one day and i now i have lung problems and kidney failure. Don't ever use it, it's very dangerous.

I was expecting you to post in this thread, but come on, where's the creativity?

INT

Reaction score
Used oral finasteride and got really bad side effects that persisted for quite a while. Zix gave me no sides. It is also very unlikely that it is even possible but you never know.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
U don't believe me? Sounds like bias from ur side.

You're gonna have to post a picture of your failed kidney, boyo. Even then, how do I know you're not just a diabetic chain smoker who's been drinking himself to death?

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you notice? Similar sides to finasteride?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you notice? Similar sides to finasteride?

Not quite, for one it didn't cause gyno or anything, but it worsened my tinnitus (which I got from other herbal 5-AR inhibitors a year ago) and lowered my libido while I was on it.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're gonna have to post a picture of your failed kidney, boyo. Even then, how do I know you're not just a diabetic chain smoker who's been drinking himself to death?
How do i know ur not just a BDD ridden imbecile who thinks he has PFS.