Has Anyone Tried Monofiber Or Prolin Hair Extensions?

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been considering extensions to get long hair. My hair is dense enough to grow out, but my forehead is so big and with mildly receded temples it is too hard to grow out without looking ugly for months. That's fine if you dont have a life and can stay home all day or wear hats, but not options for me.

I read about monofiber and prolin extensions which are many times lighter than human hair and normal synthetic hair. I believe they fix them to your hair first with braiding, then heat. These extensions are supposed to be a lot less damaging than regular extensions due to the light weight and fact that glue isn't used.

Has anyone tried this sort of thing, and would you be wary of trying it out? Don't want to make the situation worse!

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just noticed there are like, zero extension stories on this message board at all. I can't know if they will accelerate male pattern baldness because no one seems to have tried...

Noah

Reaction score
As you say, extensions are for getting longer or more voluminous hair where you already have some hair. They are not really an answer to recession and balding, which is what this forum is mostly focused on.