Has anyone switched from 5% to 15% and got better results?

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the 15% stuff with retin A and its like glue, it really does just feel like iv poured glue over my head. using this stuff through the day wouldnt be possible.

i just use it at night which makes it less of an issue.

is xandrox stuff like this also?

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
Asked for some advice from the company i bought it from, thought it may help you guys.

Thanks for your question. Here are the answers to your questions.
1. Yes. this product feels stickier than other minoxidil products because of the use of glycerin as the vehicle. Glycerin is needed to achieve this high concentration of minoxidil. Also, it is needed to ensure your scalp is wet long enough so they can be absorbed. If other vehicle that dries faster is used, the minoxidil and azelaic acid will be left as powder on the surface of your scalp and will never be absorbed.
2. you really don't need massage. All you need to do is to use your finger tip to spread evenly on the surface of your scalp. Try to avoid hair while doing this. Otherwise any residue left on your hair will never absorbed.
3. You can wash your hair 1.5 hours after applying the solution. By then most of effective ingredients if not all should have been absorbed.
4. You hair does not need to completely dry. Towel dry is good enough. As long as you don't have apparent water drop to dilute the solution, it will fine. But it is recommended to have your hair as dry as possible, as that will help the absorption.
5. An important tip is to try to apply the solution directly to your scalp, avoiding your hair as much as possible, which will help the absorption and reduce the greasy feeling.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

longtime

Reaction score
xandrox15 is a little sticky, i still thinks it's as bad as regualar 5% minoxidil (rogaine or generic), but if you want a fast drying, nonsticky product, I do highly reccomend dr lee's 12.5%.