Has anyone started finasteride as a virgin? Did you have problems losing your virginity?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t do it , f*** first . Cause if things don’t go good, then you will never know if is finasteride or not .

Starman99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried generic Finasteride for a year and it didn't make a difference and then switched to the official Propecia but experienced bad side effects.
The main side effects were erection problems and shockingly it reduced the size of my penis. I had to stop.
I guess I was one of the unlucky ones to experience side affects of finasteride.

Starman99

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reduction in penis size was unexpected but luckily I stopped finasteride in time. It must have took a year until the size was back to normal again

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reduction in penis size was unexpected but luckily I stopped finasteride in time. It must have took a year until the size was back to normal again
Did you had while taking finasteride spontaneous and nocturnal erections!? If not, were you sexually active? Sorry for the personal question, trying to collect as much info as possible.

Starman99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just couldn't get hard or able to maintain an erection. It gradually came back after I stopped Propecia and only had slight issues when I was on Generic finasteride which makes me to believe that Propecia was actually working to reduce DHT.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
"unlucky ones"

No many guys experience side effects. Various polls on hairloss forums with hundreds of members show 50%+ experienced side effects. The only question is not IF but when and how hard the side effects will be that you'll experience imo.
Cmon man, you need to know that those polls are bullshit. People end up on forums like this in the first place because they have had sides. People who take finasteride, get 0 sides and get strong results don't set foot on forums, they have no need to. If 50% of "hundreds of members" had finasteride sides, you're still looking at an incredibly low minority of the people taking the drug, because only a smal amount of people are led to these forums when they don't find success in the first place. Basically, the polls are as biased as they come.

I was on forums for 1-2 months when I discovered finasteride and posted some pictures, then i wasn't back for almost 7 years until I got what I think are sides from a cold-turkey stop and start 3 months later.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange how many folks allege sides that estrogen is not known to cause such as reduction in penis size. None of these assertions have been tested and most find finasteride to be a med that causes men to become more virile, not less. I don't care really. People can have the sides that they want but the whining is tiresome. Use it; don't use it; who cares what some guy on the internet who just popped in out of nowhere alleges.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they're just "polls", but it's a strong indication that sides are much more common. And it's absolute bullshit that only people who experience sides from fina are on hairloss forums.

Btw we have a ton of new studies showing the dangers of 5ar inhibitors. And you yourself are another example of what I said. It's only a matter of time when you're getting sides.

5ar inhibitors affect so many things in the body, it's foolish to think fina is safe, especially long term.

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis​

Conclusions and relevance: Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

It's not absolute bull sh*t, that's incredibly naive. The vast majority of new threads on this site are either people starting finasteride or complaining that it's not working or about sides. Ditto for long term posters, the vast majority of them have not had success with finasteride. That's a bias.

As for the safety, I have no doubt that the original numbers are not accurate and were not conducted without bias. We still have decades of use cases to show that long term use is generally well tolerated in most people.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This happened to me. The penis isn’t “shrinking” the pump is gone. I’m back to getting morning wood and my dic is hard whenever I wake up in the night. So in the morning I have a pump. Erections are my dic at the gym. Those 70 percent finasteride boners don’t give you the pump. Eventually your flaccid looks smaller.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it is bullshit based on weak assumptions. I could argue it's the opposite, most people on hairloss forums are newbies who are searching for what is possible and don't know much. But these are just assumptions, what is a fact is that multiple polls show many guys experience sides.

Here are two examples:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...es-sexual-side-effects-in-forum-users.122151/

160 people, 53% experience sides

http://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=2848

545 people, 55% experience sides.

And the "decades of information" that prove fina is safe is absolutely untrue as the meta analysis study shows.

Here is some more information I posted some time ago if you're interested:

But anyway, I know where this conversation ends and I had it here a million times. Agree to disagree is the best course of action if we don't want to waste eachothers time.
Are you dutch?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This happened to me. The penis isn’t “shrinking” the pump is gone. I’m back to getting morning wood and my dic is hard whenever I wake up in the night. So in the morning I have a pump. Erections are my dic at the gym. Those 70 percent finasteride boners don’t give you the pump. Eventually your flaccid looks smaller.
This right here shines insight into why you are a jackass on this forum to people who are able to look good still... your f*****g dick shrunk, you can't get actually hard, and no girl wants your floppy micro penis near them.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even talking just about sex, but about basic masculinity... ability to compete at the highest level you can in sport, ability to mentally feel as switched on, driven, and aggressive as your non-finasteride self. Sexual performance is just one benefit of DHT. Even 'more plates more dates' admits that finasteride probably makes your erections like 5% softer or so even if you don't consciously experience it as a side effect. What happens then when you get to an age where your body naturally slows down? Probably earlier ED than you would have before etc.

So, so sh*t.

The need for hair loss drugs which don't systemically alter DHT is huge.
Hair loss is essentially always a hormonal issue, not in terms of mere T or DHT levels but in terms of seeking a solution. Chicks and children have long flowing hair among caucasians; males do some times but it is relatively rare. So, since virtually all things that work like AA's and estrogen and finasteride and duta, and even most experimental drugs as well of questionable efficacy, alfatradiol, RU, CB etc. are hormonal meds, you are just sh*t out of luck. It should be apparent from the very way that you phrased it. You don't want any med that lowers either T or DHT apparently and except for minoxidil, this constitutes the null set essentially. You could try prostaglandins but eh, I doubt that will give you what you seek hair-wise. Even in the New Testament, there are multiple references related to hair being "given" to the female of the species, usually to make them wear hats, which makes no sense, but I digress.

I know you really want this but....

jd_uk

Reaction score
Hair loss is essentially always a hormonal issue, not in terms of mere T or DHT levels but in terms of seeking a solution. Chicks and children have long flowing hair among caucasians; males do some times but it is relatively rare. So, since virtually all things that work like AA's and estrogen and finasteride and duta, and even most experimental drugs as well of questionable efficacy, alfatradiol, RU, CB etc. are hormonal meds, you are just sh*t out of luck. It should be apparent from the very way that you phrased it. You don't want any med that lowers either T or DHT apparently and except for minoxidil, this constitutes the null set essentially. You could try prostaglandins but eh, I doubt that will give you what you seek hair-wise. Even in the New Testament, there are multiple references related to hair being "given" to the female of the species, usually to make them wear hats, which makes no sense, but I digress.

I know you really want this but....
Oh yeah, I do agree with you. I understand that having really 'nice' hair is generally a female trait and a consequence of lacking androgens, although men without any genetic susceptibility to balding can have thick hair.

I don't mind hormonal medication as long as it is targeted and doesn't alter the systemic levels. I know that I have to manage expectations with that though because nothing is going to be as good as things like oral finasteride or dutasteride for hair (besides the more feminising drugs).

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mind hormonal medication as long as it is targeted and doesn't alter the systemic levels. I know that I have to manage expectations with that though because nothing is going to be as good as things like oral finasteride or dutasteride for hair (besides the more feminising drugs).
Don't forget oral minoxidil ;)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget oral minoxidil ;)
I think that oral min can be a game-changer but I am on too many things to be much of a spokesperson but the peripheral hair growth indicates efficacy to a certain extent and you don't have to wait months and months for it to kick in like regular minoxidil perhaps.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This right here shines insight into why you are a jackass on this forum to people who are able to look good still... your f*****g dick shrunk, you can't get actually hard, and no girl wants your floppy micro penis near them.
Calm down. How many posts did you reply to? Lol

read it properly. I don’t believe the penis actually shrinks. It loses its pump. I have no sides anymore and date a girl 8 years my junior lol

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Calm down. How many posts did you reply to? Lol

read it properly. I don’t believe the penis actually shrinks. It loses its pump. I have no sides anymore and date a girl 8 years my junior lol
With the amount you try to brag on a f*****g hair loss forum, it is obvious as f*** that you are trying to compensate for something. You don't even hide it a little that you are insecure as f***.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t brag, I described the condition my hair is in. Clearly not jealous of your “hair”

I fuk woman regularly. This Russian girl obviously liked a floppy c***.

It’s time to stop @Lurker85 i feel embarrassed and sad for you.
Lol look how insecure you are to feel the need to post this! Lol, anyone can download a text app, throw in a picture, and make fake texts by texting themselves. Lol, what a f*****g joke you are. You think I'm jealous of you? I haven't been single since I was 16. I'm 36 dating a hot 30 year old. My life is actually good. You have to post absolutely obvious bullshit on here to look for a pat on the back. You are more pathetic than I ever would have imagined. Btw, I did p**rn, I know I'm hugel meanwhile you have a floppy shrunken dick and prematurely ejaculate.