Has Anyone On Here Had A Small Hair Transplant To Improve A Low Horseshoe To Make System "work"

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My horseshoe is too low and I won't be able to have a decent looking result with the short sides and back with length on top like this fella:

I feel that this is the only look that I'd be satisfied with if I went down a hair system path and there is no way I could make it work with my horseshoe.

Anyone with a low one got a minor hair transplant just to increase the size of the horseshoe, and if so did you get scarring from the FUE that interferred with the final product?

Otherwise I am just going to try dutasteride and hope my cok and brain can withstand it.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Screeech

I would say that having a low horseshoe is not really a problem with a system - you can just expand the coverage of the system, so that it is a three-quarter wig rather than a topper. What is a problem (though not necessarily an insuperable one) is having your temple points recede, so that the front edge of your sidehair slopes backwards from your sideburns, rather than going forward. That makes it hard to achieve a balanced realistic look. Up to a point you can work around it, but a small well-executed transplant to strengthen or recreate your temple points would greatly improve the result.

Noah

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hi Screeech

I would say that having a low horseshoe is not really a problem with a system - you can just expand the coverage of the system, so that it is a three-quarter wig rather than a topper. What is a problem (though not necessarily an insuperable one) is having your temple points recede, so that the front edge of your sidehair slopes backwards from your sideburns, rather than going forward. That makes it hard to achieve a balanced realistic look. Up to a point you can work around it, but a small well-executed transplant to strengthen or recreate your temple points would greatly improve the result.

Noah
How would you solve the receding templepoints and side hair problem?

Noah

Reaction score
Aside from a small transplant, you mean? Sometimes it is possible to add small flaps to your hair system which fill in the missing areas. But it is very case-specific, depending on what you have lost, the hairline contour of your piece, the shape of your head etc.