Has Anyone Had Success With Online Dating And If So How Did It Work?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few times I messaged women in other cities as a curiosity. I'd tell them that we won't meet up since we live far away, but that their profiles we're advertised to me and I'm just writing to say that I found them attractive and I like their profiles.

100% response rate, sometimes detailed responses.

Lol.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few times I messaged women in other cities as a curiosity. I'd tell them that we won't meet up since we live far away, but that their profiles we're advertised to me and I'm just writing to say that I found them attractive and I like their profiles.

Lol.

You're beautiful, Afro .... From a distance.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
It is not established that masturbation causes hair loss.

Is true.

But there is one question in my mind.

I have seen so many guys who went bald within 1 or 2 years of marriage.(I know more than 10 guys who went bald within 3 to 5 years of marriage.)

I wonder which of this can accuarately explain this:

Number 1: They were genetically gifted to not suffer from hairloss till they find their life partner even if they had baldness gene.

Number 2:They were genetically destined to go bald after age of 30 or age of marriage.

Number 3: There might be some correlation (not discovered yet) between sexual activity and hair fall in dht sensitive(guys who have baldness in family history.)

Also no one has researched on why so many guys lose hairs just after marriage.

Last edited:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol.
you white knighted for its own sake!?

lol females have literally infinite ego and social value now

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have fucked around with Tinder for the last few years.

I lost my virginity when I was 20 to a girl I met on there. Her and I started dating for a couple of months before she left me for some guy that was way better looking than me (which is respectable I guess). This girl put on at least 50 lbs and looks like sh*t now so I guess Karma is very real.

I have had some dates from Tinder; usually they are from girls that I already kind of know of (e.g., friend of a friend), so the app just gives us a way to "connect." A lot of my dates result in maybe a hook up then me never hearing from the girl again. Probably my awkward ways working in full force. I used to think that it was because I was uglier in person or something, but I don't think a girl would engage in sexual activities with me if that was the case. I honestly never really talk to anyone on the app, I just use it as more of a "confidence booster."

I remake my Tinder every few months out of boredom. So far I'm at over 200 matches and I've had this ago for a little over a month. I have a Bumble account but I prefer Tinder. I have used OkCupid before but it was all girls my age with kids lol.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have fucked around with Tinder for the last few years.

I lost my virginity when I was 20 to a girl I met on there. Her and I started dating for a couple of months before she left me for some guy that was way better looking than me (which is respectable I guess). This girl put on at least 50 lbs and looks like sh*t now so I guess Karma is very real.

I have had some dates from Tinder; usually they are from girls that I already kind of know of (e.g., friend of a friend), so the app just gives us a way to "connect." A lot of my dates result in maybe a hook up then me never hearing from the girl again. Probably my awkward ways working in full force. I used to think that it was because I was uglier in person or something, but I don't think a girl would engage in sexual activities with me if that was the case. I honestly never really talk to anyone on the app, I just use it as more of a "confidence booster."

I remake my Tinder every few months out of boredom. So far I'm at over 200 matches and I've had this ago for a little over a month. I have a Bumble account but I prefer Tinder. I have used OkCupid before but it was all girls my age with kids lol.

Interesting about Okcupid for you, in my city only POF is single mums. Okcupid is mostly nice indie chicks here and unfortunately some trannies. POF chicks are gross as f*** here but I've fucked a few decent ones.

The standard of girls on Bumble are way higher but I literally get like zero matches, on tinder I'm about average for matches I only have one shitty selfie and badly need to update with some new pics.

Most of the girls I have met up with are Okcupid, but I only got tinder like 5 months ago. I pretty much only meet up with girls who have already accepted a root too, no dates. Usually a once off f*** and then get bored of talking to them after that.

I fucked up badly mid year during my ugly duckling transplant phase and organised meetups with like 30 chicks I knew I couldn't meet with my hair in that state and just ghosted. So many wasted opportunities and some nice ones there too.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is true.

But there is one question in my mind.

I have seen so many guys who went bald within 1 or 2 years of marriage.(I know more than 10 guys who went bald within 3 to 5 years of marriage.)

I wonder which of this can accuarately explain this:

Number 1: They were genetically gifted to not suffer from hairloss till they find their life partner even if they had baldness gene.

Number 2:They were genetically destined to go bald after age of 30 or age of marriage.

Number 3: There might be some correlation (not discovered yet) between sexual activity and hair fall in dht sensitive(guys who have baldness in family history.)

Also no one has researched on why so many guys lose hairs just after marriage.
Number 4: Having a wife stresses you out and causes your hair to fall, or you to literally rip it from your skull.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw this may be premature to comment, but after sending 20-30 messages total over the past few days between Match and POF, I'm actually chatting with this cute 22 year old girl who lives 30-40 min from me so not bad. I would date her in a heartbeat. She keeps replying and with smileys and pretty quick so she seems somewhat into it.

My stats on POF/Match are roughly one reply for every 15-30 messages (inadequate sample size and record keeping to narrow it down more precisely). I get an unsolicited messages from an obese chick once a day or once a week. Of the replies I get, I am lucky if I get a conversation 1/2 to 1/3 of the time, and most of these fizzle out.

Hoping for something from this 22 year old. If I wasn't going away for a week I'd ask her out now but I'll try to keep the conversation going while I'm away and see when I get back. She seems chatty like me so I don't think she'll have a problem just keeping talking.

The problem with being unattractive isn't that you have zero options. It's that you have such a fine needle to thread that there is no room for error and you have to work so much harder to even get an opportunity.

It puts way more pressure on every single "chance" because you don't know if that will be your only chance for the next 3 months. This pressure can become exhausting. By comparison, to someone like Johnson, this would just be one of dozens of conversations he'd be having by now.

So while I have always found it is possible to overcome bad physical attractiveness with other attributes and greater numbers game, it isn't fun. At a minimum it is simply too time consuming and too stressful. It still makes more sense just to become better looking if you can, since looks are the most valuable currency upon which all dating for both genders is based.

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Additionally, for anyone struggling to understand Johnson's incredible stats, I don't think he'd mind me saying that he courteously sent me his pics by my request of what he's using for online dating, and in the older pics with good hair, he's a solid 7-7.5/10. Not quite male model material (ie. 8+), but standard "handsome, rugged, tall-looking, well-built white guy". Top 10% for sure.

So it shouldn't be a surprise pretty much every girl responds positively to him. He underrates himself harshly, probably due to his self-described self-esteem issues. But this guy's on very, very easy mode.

I just mention this for context. He's nowhere near an average guy IMO. eg. Most stats I've seen for Tinder suggest a 1-2% average match rate maximum for guys. Many suggest <1% average match rate.

For a conventional online dating site, this study showed an ~4% response rate for a woman receiving a message from an age-matched man:

image-167.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/online-dating-message-statistics-2013-7

The reason I was asking here is because I sometimes wonder how accurate these sorts of studies are in the real world. Additionally, general stats don't give you the same info as knowing what actual individuals from different ends of the spectrum are going through.

I think my performance overall is just mildly below average. Most guys are obviously struggling as well if 96%+ of their messages are also going unanswered.

Further perspectives or personal performance rates still appreciated.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please remember that they were good pictures I sent you (that I use for tinder)

The last picture is the honest picture of I how look without hair loss hidden and good angles etc.

As for your assessment - I do somewhat agree with your conclusion. It is easier for me to meet women then it is for the average 30 something guy.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please remember that they were good pictures I sent you (that I use for tinder)

The last picture is the honest picture of I how look without hair loss hidden and good angles etc.

As for your assessment - I do somewhat agree with your conclusion. It is easier for me to meet women then it is for the average 30 something guy.

Yes, and I'd say you're down to a 6-7 in the recent hair loss pic, depending on how much a girl cares about the changes. To an older girl you might still be a 7. To a younger one, likely a 6.

The hair loss is definitely hitting your looks, and you'll settle down to a 5 if you let it continue. Plus you're looking older, which is unavoidable for all of us. White guys especially tend to age faster unless they're Jared Leto.

Even a 5/10 isn't bad though if you really let yourself go. That's still better than half of men. My goal for surgeries if everything goes perfectly is only 5-6/10. I don't think you can go much lower than that unless you let yourself progress to the NW6-7 range.

And if you switch to dutasteride and/or add RU you shouldn't probably have to lose more at all.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
Holy sh*t Johnson. For the third time, what I'm asking is HOW MANY SIMPLE TAILORED MESSAGES LIKE THAT DO YOU HAVE TO SEND TO GET A REPLY?

Are you saying you get 100% reply rate? If not, what percent roughly?

Sorry I'm not trying to be snippy because I really value your input here, but that's what I keep trying to ask. Thanks. I do appreciate it.
@JohnsonDDG is after any excuse to humble brag. Thats why I love his ***!

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and I'd say you're down to a 6-7 in the recent hair loss pic, depending on how much a girl cares about the changes. To an older girl you might still be a 7. To a younger one, likely a 6.

The hair loss is definitely hitting your looks, and you'll settle down to a 5 if you let it continue. Plus you're looking older, which is unavoidable for all of us. White guys especially tend to age faster unless they're Jared Leto.

Even a 5/10 isn't bad though if you really let yourself go. That's still better than half of men. My goal for surgeries if everything goes perfectly is only 5-6/10. I don't think you can go much lower than that unless you let yourself progress to the NW6-7 range.

And if you switch to dutasteride and/or add RU you shouldn't probably have to lose more at all.
Thanks for your honesty and I agree with your opinion.

I'm gymcelling it right now - getting my body as good as it can be to compensate for the looks drop because of hair loss. I always dress well, but I'm making even more of an effort to look my best these days.

The problem with getting Dutasteride is that I don't even know how to buy it in asia!

I've mentioned it before but I will say my plan again: I'm hoping to shave it shorter long term and if I stay at a 6 or above then I will accept it. If I drop down to a 5 or something I will get a hair transplant.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Wow ... Dave smith got 200 matches Jesus

My stats on tinder are about 50 matches and I've been on there for 2 months . Most of the matches I don't have conversations with and so far I've only met one girl off there.

I'm a 5/10 (6 on a good day) but short white dude. But also my pictures I use for tinder suck ( I use only selfies cause I'm incel) .