Has Anyone Had Success Using Minoxidil (or Something Else) To Increase Eyebrow Density/thickness?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried using my gf's eyebrow stuff on my eyebrows and I swear it makes such a huge difference to my looks. I have very weak eyebrows, half of them are just white thin hairs.

I've been applying minoxidil for over three months now and no changes.

Has anyone had any success?

How long did it take?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My eye brows were quite thin too. Since I started oral minoxidil my eye brows have definitely thickened up, my eyelashes have grown longer too! I'd say its made me a bit more attractive. It took about 2 months before I noticed the change, I was using 5mg 2x a day, but now I'm on 10mg once a day and haven't noticed a difference.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried using my gf's eyebrow stuff on my eyebrows and I swear it makes such a huge difference to my looks. I have very weak eyebrows, half of them are just white thin hairs.

I've been applying minoxidil for over three months now and no changes.

Has anyone had any success?

How long did it take?

You mean you applied brow make up? Define 'eye brow stuff'.

You can use Minoxidil or Latisse/other Pgf2 analogs. Also you could use castor oil.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean you applied brow make up? Define 'eye brow stuff'.

You can use Minoxidil or Latisse/other Pgf2 analogs. Also you could use castor oil.

I don't know what it was, the stuff girls usually use to darken/shape their eyebrows. Mascara or something.

Does latisse work? Has anyone tried it?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very hard to get here.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Latisse. It doesn’t grow denser brows, but it does keep the ones I have in the anagen phase longer. Some of them grow quite long & need to be cut. I can’t tell you if they darken brows, since mine are dark naturally.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will dermarolling eyebrows work? I have small sprouts of hair in the inner eyebrow; won't grow longer.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw your post and laughed out loud... There was a post in the past about thinning hair and thinning eyebrows... I had graying, thinning eyebrows and HATED it.... I don't know why, but I did.
I started putting minoxidil in my eyebrows.
After a year or so, not only are they thicker, they extend back beyond the corner of my eye (it was receding).
AND the minoxidil darkens the hairs too, so win win...

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw your post and laughed out loud... There was a post in the past about thinning hair and thinning eyebrows... I had graying, thinning eyebrows and HATED it.... I don't know why, but I did.
I started putting minoxidil in my eyebrows.
After a year or so, not only are they thicker, they extend back beyond the corner of my eye (it was receding).
AND the minoxidil darkens the hairs too, so win win...

Kinda late to the party, but did you ever experience a shed on your eyebrows?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil made my eyebrows into monsters. Effects have drastically waned over time for me though.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil made my eyebrows into monsters. Effects have drastically waned over time for me though.

Are you saying the thickness you gained from minoxidil, gradually decreased over time, even though you were still on minoxidil

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying the thickness you gained from minoxidil, gradually decreased over time, even though you were still on minoxidil
Did you not read the part where she stated " My eyebrows became monsters on oral minoxidil."? Result/benefits slowed down over time. Eyebrow hair is not androgen dependent; they'll stay. You're either gonna do it or not. There's a plethora of anecdotal evidence across the web that supports this.

Sorry for sounding short, but so many people here, cannot comprehend well. Then it just turn into meaningless dialogue back and forth.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you not read the part where she stated " My eyebrows became monsters on oral minoxidil."? Result/benefits slowed down over time. Eyebrow hair is not androgen dependent; they'll stay. You're either gonna do it or not. There's a plethora of anecdotal evidence across the web that supports this.

Sorry for sounding short, but so many people here, cannot comprehend well. Then it just turn into meaningless dialogue back and forth.
What a coincidence. We were talking about this the other day. A guy from work is on hormonal treatment and he lost hair everywhere including his beard but not his eyebrows and eyelashes.

http://www.nwpii.com/ajbms/papers/AJBMS_2015_2_05.pdf

"Almost all human hair follicles are influenced by androgens except some specific areas of the body which produce terminal hair in childhood such as eyelashes, eyebrows, and many scalp follicles where androgens have no obvious effect."

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Took 3 years for the dose I was on to completely stop working.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No not really. I still use on the head so it's probably systemic affect.
Could it happen the opposite way around? I haven't found any research that supports.

I'm referring to, can applying minoxidil to the eyebrows or face affect scalp systemically?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could it happen the opposite way around? I haven't found any research that supports.

I'm referring to, can applying minoxidil to the eyebrows or face affect scalp systemically?

This systemic effect is only happening to eyebrows over a longer period of time, and because eyebrows are not sensitive to androgens.
I dont think the little minoxidil you put on your eyebrows could have any effect on your hair.

But in my opinion, minoxidil is awful in general. I wouldnt recommend anyone to use it.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This systemic effect is only happening to eyebrows over a longer period of time, and because eyebrows are not sensitive to androgens.
I dont think the little minoxidil you put on your eyebrows could have any effect on your hair.

But in my opinion, minoxidil is awful in general. I wouldnt recommend anyone to use it.
Works wonders on my eyebrows. My front however, recently appears thinning when I stand it up with a comb. Thing is, that come is the same one I use to tame my eyebrows; even with minoxidil on it.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil does more harm in the long run (to your hair). I dont want to go into detail, but alot of people regret using minoxidil.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil does more harm in the long run (to your hair). I dont want to go into detail, but alot of people regret using minoxidil.
I totally agree, that's why I've never put that mess in my hair. But I'm being honest, the moment I began putting minoxidil on my eyebrows, is the moment my hair looks thin. I've also never had dandruff; now I do. I purchased a USB microscope from Amazon, I'm going to see whats going on when it arrives. Hopefully, I can send pictures to a hair loss expert. I for sure have male pattern baldness given the temples being NW2. However, my front has a concentrated diffuse appearance, that isn't spreading throughout the scalp. It's only in areas that I comb.