Has Anyone Had Finasteride Side-effects Go Away?

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Ive cycled on and off finasteride 3 times. The first I was on 1mg for 6 months before dropping due to ED, low libido and numb erections. The second time I was on 0.5mg for about a month before dropping again due to ED and depressive symptoms. The third and final time I was about 6-months ago on 0.25mg for two weeks before dropping due to ED, depressive symptoms, nipple tenderness and very mild Gyno.

Im a 22 year old sexually active male so these ED symptoms are super troubling hence why I chose to drop. However, with my hairloss progressing I want to add an anti-androgen back into my routine to at least slow the progression. Im considering going back on again to see, but I don't want to risk potentially developing more Gyno.

Has anyone successfully been on a similar path and reintroduced finasteride without experiencing sides? If so, please share your story. Im hoping that my symptoms have just be placebo and if I try again ill be successful. If you'd advise against retrying finasteride, what other options do I have as far as anti-androgens?

Any input or suggestions are extremely appreciated.

Cheers

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey when I first took oral Propecia I had major side effects, I took horny goat weed and zinc at the time back in 2010 helped me. Since 2011 I have been using Topical Finasteride which I found gave me less side effects and now my body has adjusted perfectly where I can use Topical compound Finasteride mixture and be side effect free.

See my thread:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey when I first took oral Propecia I had major side effects, I took horny goat weed and zinc at the time back in 2010 helped me. Since 2011 I have been using Topical Finasteride which I found gave me less side effects and now my body has adjusted perfectly where I can use Topical compound Finasteride mixture and be side effect free.

See my thread:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/
Great thread. Thanks for input

Devious

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank god you posted this!
I've been on 1mg of Finasteride a day for the pasta 9 months missing the odd day here and there by accident and in the past two weeks after have the exact same issue as you and I'm in my late 20's so wouldn't expect any issues in that department.

Let me know if you for for Jazz's reccomendation and if it works for you please. Until then I'm sourcing Kamagra before I go crazy o_O

jazz1

Reaction score
Thank god you posted this!
I've been on 1mg of Finasteride a day for the pasta 9 months missing the odd day here and there by accident and in the past two weeks after have the exact same issue as you and I'm in my late 20's so wouldn't expect any issues in that department.

Let me know if you for for Jazz's reccomendation and if it works for you please. Until then I'm sourcing Kamagra before I go crazy o_O

Hey try taking it every other day or even third day will still work, also I mentioned try horny goat weed and zinc.

The final option is use Topical Finasteride like me, check this guys hair after Topical and he had bad side effects from oral, but not any from Topical Finasterid.

See here: