Has anyone ever beaten the horse shoe pattern?

whitegro

Reaction score
GeminiX, the pics of how you fixed your crown are amazing. Thank you very much for making them available. Gives me hope in my own struggle against horse shoe alopecia.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but are you up for being a transexual as well?

whitegro

Reaction score
zx, that has no relevance to the fact that the poster in question was able to cure quite severe horse shoe baldness with finasteride and a little bit of hair transplant to fix the temples.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
whitegro said:
zx, that has no relevance to the fact that the poster in question was able to cure quite severe horse shoe baldness with finasteride and a little bit of hair transplant to fix the temples.

Er yes it has, because he was taking hormone changing medication?!

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think that even in the transgendered community my results have been better than most, I'm quite fortunate that I don't have to wear a wig (that said, it takes me an hour to dry my hair, which kinda sucks hehe).

Maybe because it's only 15 years or so since going bald, or perhaps I just responded well, but I don't think my results are typical.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
They certainly are not typical. The window for hair regrowth in most men is 5 years maximum after its lost. And for sure those other drugs you are taking will have had an impact. Finasteride only addresses part of the balding issue which is why it doesn't work for some men.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about finasteride. I've had a horrible month after 10 months of little change on finasteride. My recession this month has gone crazy, and almost completely left my front piece detached. I did get burnt on my head a couple of weeks ago and that has seemed to hurt the hairline.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say I'm getting close to beating the horse shoe pattern. I will still need help in the front
but the top is getting close. July 19th will be 8 months on my regime and I'll try to get some
pictures soon. I'm not sure where I am right now, I've not even thought about hair for a
couple of months.

Overall I'd say I've had very little results in front and excellent results mid and top scalp areas
so far. No sides at all.

One thing I might add... it's never enough... as well as I've responded I want more.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
He has hair in all his old films, then suddenly a polished top.

A good way to watch his hairlines actual dimminishing is to whatch all of the die hard movies. he wears lots of wigs in other films. in DHWA he was at the tail end of having his natural hair, this is obviously where i get my username from.

Bruce-Willis-Photograph-C11796804.jpeg

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I think that even in the transgendered community my results have been better than most, I'm quite fortunate that I don't have to wear a wig (that said, it takes me an hour to dry my hair, which kinda sucks hehe).

Maybe because it's only 15 years or so since going bald, or perhaps I just responded well, but I don't think my results are typical.

GeminiX, I just saw your pics and see quite a lot of regrowth between Nov 03 - May 04. Were you taking these same meds at those times? Have you really been that bald for 15 years and then regrown most of what you have now?

GeminiX

Reaction score
goata007 said:
GeminiX, I just saw your pics and see quite a lot of regrowth between Nov 03 - May 04. Were you taking these same meds at those times? Have you really been that bald for 15 years and then regrown most of what you have now?

I'll dig out my old prescriptions and letters from my psychiatrist for exact dates, but as a rough time-line I think I had receded to the point where I could no longer have the old "flat top" cut I used to wear when I was younger in about 1992 / 93.

It was around October or November in 2003 when I started taking Finasteride, Androcur and Ovysmen, a few weeks before going on Holiday.

As I recall I first noticed I was balding when I was 18 or 19 during the late 80's. My temples were the first to go, which is probably why I have not had much success restoring them with medication and had to have a small transplant in that area.

Hope this helps :)