Has Anyone Actually Gone Bald While Taking Finasteride For Years?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
You told me this like twice already and ive been saying the same thing. Yes, i lost over a quarter of my hair in less than 4 months. One pic is from early june and the other is from saturday.

Those pics are not comparable. But it is not for you to prove to me.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any pics? A month and a half seems like an extraordinarily short time to be significantly below baseline.
I’m in the same boat to be honest. Slight crown thinning turned to overall diffused thinning (less than 50% density) on my whole scalp in just 2 months

Capitan1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only times I've seen high volume hair loss like that is when it's diffused. Any reason for that?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat to be honest. Slight crown thinning turned to overall diffused thinning (less than 50% density) on my whole scalp in just 2 months
Yeah I understand why people find it so hard to believe because its obviously very uncommon and the only real situation they have to compare with is their own.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only times I've seen high volume hair loss like that is when it's diffused. Any reason for that?
Diffuse hairloss just has more potential to be deadly. Most guys dont recede at a crazy rate but obviously genetics are crazy so its unpredictable.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you considering dutasteride? Im gonna give finasteride 8-12 months and then switch to dutasteride if I keep losing more and more. The only problem is its near impossible to get Dutasteride in Canada.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you considering dutasteride? Im gonna give finasteride 8-12 months and then switch to dutasteride if I keep losing more and more. The only problem is its near impossible to get Dutasteride in Canada.
I think about getting on dutasteride every day. I’m not sure if I have severe BDD or not but every week I feel my hair it feels significantly thinner. I might go to my derm soon and try to get it prescribed.

Does anyone know if switching from finasteride to dutasteride can cause a massive shed?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your finasteride progression? Did it do nothing, or did you respond well for a few years then suddenly tank? I've been at baseline for the last five years, do you think some sort of "switch" could be flipped on and then I'd be in your shoes?
It slowed down the recession for a couple of years, maybe three.
Afyer that, just downhill from NW3 to Nw5 in like there to four years.

Capitan1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It slowed down the recession for a couple of years, maybe three.
Afyer that, just downhill from NW3 to Nw5 in like there to four years.
Tragic.

I'm five years at baseline (full coverage NW3, forelock hasn't receded). What do you think? How common is your situation?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tragic.

I'm five years at baseline (full coverage NW3, forelock hasn't receded). What do you think? How common is your situation?
Not common.
I saw MANY pictures taken by the dermatologist to people who - even through microdosing - maintained and even regrew a bit.
So, don’t worry: most cases are finasteride friendly.
Problem is that many people lose hair. SO, 20% of - say - 100 million young westerners who want to cure hair loss means 20.000.000 people who are waiting for a viable, safe alternative to Finasteride.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
You told me this like twice already and ive been saying the same thing. Yes, i lost over a quarter of my hair in less than 4 months. One pic is from early june and the other is from saturday.

My question is why do you are using finas with this hair?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/2018-07-27_19-51-41-jpg.94681/
Are you were diagnosed with alopecia? Using products that alter the normal and healthy of scalp hairs cycle can be bad for them.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because at the time I was losing 500 hairs per day. And was freaking out. Already at that point I lost so much hairs.

The real problem is not the falling hairs but that they don't grow again, ...
Meds are not a game, more when thay can affect hormones, please visit a derma
Take care, and good luck

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
The real problem is not the falling hairs but that they don't grow again, ...
Meds are not a game, more when thay can affect hormones, please visit a derma
Take care, and good luck

It was visibly thinning man. I wouldnt take a hormone altering drug if I wasnt 100% sure I was balding. I also have very strong NW7 genetics in my family.My dad, his dad and all his brothers are all Nw6-nw7 and they all got there in their 20s. The derm is the one that reccomended me to get on finasteride because I am in early stages of male pattern baldness.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're definitely not receding but you got some bad diffuse thinning :\

Yeah its really bad, losing 500+ per day for 4 months I lost like a quarter of my hair density.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

In the last photo your hair is very short, did you noticed any change in the hair fat after the cutting?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the last photo your hair is very short, did you noticed any change in the hair fat after the cutting?

What do you mean by hair fat? Some parts are a lot lighter due to what i think is miniaturization but when I show other people they think im crazy and im not losing hair even though I clearly am.