Has anybody tried topical caffeine?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Alpecin a caffeine shampoo already been classed as an ineffective product for hairloss and a waste of money.
As a shampoo yes because you're washing it out after a few minutes. A leave-in liquid is different.

If in vitro studies show caffeine is an effective DHT blocker then it's worth trying.

I've used the liquid on and off and recently bought some powder and add it to minoxidil liquid. You only need a tiny amount and it dissolves easily.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
I mix a caffeine capsule into my diy topical. It's not a miracle cure or anything, but it's cheap and I don't think it hurts.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Because there's a clinical study that suggests it's beneficial. I'll go with a clinical study over bro science.

Yeah and you think that research never lies? There were studies regarding caffeine shampoo and they were proved to be false. There was a big discusion regarding this few years ago.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, a lot tried topical Caffeine since maybe...30 years ?
Are you serious with this question ? What is the next ? Massages ? leeches on the scalp ? Redbull on the scalp ?

Caffeine was totally debunked as a scam ( not only the shampoo...).

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you serious with this question ? What is the next ? Massages ? leeches on the scalp ? Redbull on the scalp ?

Thanks darling. The study was from 2017. I'll look for the most recent Redbull study and will get back to you.

BS7671

My Regimen
Reaction score

Redbull is quite promising it gives your follicles wings to fly up out of your epidermis, the only problem is the hair ends up sprouting out off the head and flies away like a dandelion seed in the wind.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Redbull is quite promising it gives your follicles wings to fly up out of your epidermis, the only problem is the hair ends up sprouting out off the head and flies away like a dandelion seed in the wind.
maybe we can fix this with stemson scaffolding

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Yeah and you think that research never lies? There were studies regarding caffeine shampoo and they were proved to be false. There was a big discusion regarding this few years ago.
Nope but I'm more inclined to believe it than bro science tbh. Usually these studies list funding/bias and I don't see any in that one, but maybe they are straight up lying.

There was also another post on here I saw which showed that it had a protective effect against testosterone in vitro. Would certainly be interested in the debunking evidence though.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently started coffee berry extract on scalp feels really good like has an active effect due to recent hair growth study on it apparently it’s more effective than caffeine alone because it also contains chlorogenic acid which is a 5 ar inhibitor
It is messy though like stains the scalp