Has anybody stuck to a super low does of Oral Min (like 0.625-1.25 daily)

BaldFalcon15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody stuck to a super low does of Oral Min (like 0.625-1.25 daily)? I started about a month ago at 0.625MG a day - thinking about upping to 1.25MG a day. So far I've obviously not noticed any regrowth as it's only a month in - I do think I've begun shedding a bit but who knows.

I still have a ton of my original hair, I'm a diffuse thinner and using toppik hair fibres pretty much can get me full coverage (and not in the delusional way). When I speak about balding everyone is like wtf are you talking about? I'm hoping adding MIN will help but don't want to go too high. I'm currently on finasteride 1 MG a day (since 2014) and I use nizoral from time to time.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think anyone would take such a low dose other than a woman if your are male up the dose to 5 mg or more I would not go over 10 mg myself as it will get too expensive for me
If female stay low around 1.25mg

BaldFalcon15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I have my next appointment in March 28 he wants to up me slowly so I think it’s 1.25mg next and then we’ll go from there. I’m male btw

KurtCocain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 1.25 for 6 months with really no improvement at all. I didn't lose anything overall, but I'm also on finasteride. I've just upped my dose to 2.5 and will see see how it goes for the next 6 months. I bought 10mg pills and am using at a pill splitter to cut them in fourths. The pills are really small and it's hard to do this accurately. I am thinking I should have just bought the 5mg's and split those once.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 1.25 for 6 months with really no improvement at all. I didn't lose anything overall, but I'm also on finasteride. I've just upped my dose to 2.5 and will see see how it goes for the next 6 months. I bought 10mg pills and am using at a pill splitter to cut them in fourths. The pills are really small and it's hard to do this accurately. I am thinking I should have just bought the 5mg's and split those once.
I have the same but doing it in 1.25mg lol

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you also get unwanted body/ facial hair from the 1.25 mg?

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 1.25mg daily for about 10 months and had some improvement; I hope I can keep it. Even with this low dose, I had puffy eyes one morning; taking the drug in the morning solved the problem so far, but thinking to reduce the dose to 0.625. I think higher doses are dangerous considering that we need to take the drug for a long time.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 1.25mg daily for about 10 months and had some improvement; I hope I can keep it. Even with this low dose, I had puffy eyes one morning; taking the drug in the morning solved the problem so far, but thinking to reduce the dose to 0.625. I think higher doses are dangerous considering that we need to take the drug for a long time.
Do you mind sharing your weight? I'm wondering what size person 1.25mg oral minoxidil would be effective on.

BaldFalcon15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 0.625MG every day now for a bout 2 1/2 months - I swear I feel my hair looks better? I don't know I'm probably imagining it. My arm hair, eyebrows, and leg hair is definetley thicker. My doctor said I can feel free to go up to 1.25MG daily but I'm still unsure if I want to... I feel like if I can get some results at a low low dose i want to sitick with it.