Harley Street Clinic Visit - Reviews? Q's To Ask?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Attending my first consultation with a hair transplant clinic tomorrow at harley street.

Wanted to see what questions etc I should ask when I go?

And if anyone has used the harley street clinic

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? I thought they were the best tbh...

They said my donor area was too sparse..

I mean its probably at a 3 grade around the back and sides, she took a pic and it did seem a little sparse,

it does feel thick though,

She said to get some blood work done, I have been tested and all my levels are normal and within range

getting test and b12 done monday so we shall see if anything is causing the problem

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? I thought they were the best tbh...

They said my donor area was too sparse..

I mean its probably at a 3 grade around the back and sides, she took a pic and it did seem a little sparse,

it does feel thick though,

She said to get some blood work done, I have been tested and all my levels are normal and within range

getting test and b12 done monday so we shall see if anything is causing the problem

I've seen them heavily promoted by the media and celebrities on british TV but always gathered that the online communities thought of them as massively overpriced rubbish.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few pics attached... taken in various light, at different times as well, when I had my hair short and when it grew in a bit etc,

I went to advanced hair studio as well a week or so after who had a very energetic salesman who kept promoting they had the best hair transplant surgeon in Europe?! But he couldnt reveal his name lol

Sent a few pics over to various places in turkey who said I am eligible, and one to get hair performed by Dr Tayfun, they said I needed 4200 grafts and I am a very good candidate.

However plan is to get them to do half of that in Body hair if that is feasible, I have enough of it that's for sure! specifically the back of the head/ crown which I keep short/buzzed, and the others dispersed around the scalp

Attachments

• DSC_4108.JPG
    DSC_4108.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 833
  • DSC_4131.JPG
    DSC_4131.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC_4132.JPG
    DSC_4132.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC_4133.JPG
    DSC_4133.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC_4149.JPG
    DSC_4149.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC_4151.JPG
    DSC_4151.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC_4159.JPG
    DSC_4159.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC_4160.JPG
    DSC_4160.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC_4172.JPG
    DSC_4172.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC_4194 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_4194 - Copy.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC_4200.JPG
    DSC_4200.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_4310 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_4310 - Copy.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 685
  • DSC_4106.JPG
    DSC_4106.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC_4168.JPG
    DSC_4168.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC_4310 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_4310 - Copy.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:

kimstockton

Reaction score
They said the same to me, I don't think they are the best so aren't willing to do anything too challenging.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plan is to visit a few more places, advanced hair studio is defo off the list didn't like their approach tbh!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think a transplant is worth it for you. Hair piece might work better.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your head looks very good shaved from what I can see.

You want to ask about numbers if you go for a consultation. How much hair will you lose in your lifetime versus how much hair you will have left on your head? Then how much of that hair left can be used for a hair transplant covering what area percentage of hair loss and at what percentage of original density?

For example if you lost 50% of your hair which is about 20,000 fu how much would you have left and that number would be about 20,000. How much can you take from that donor area and still be safe long term? Will the donor area thin and how does that affect the available number in the donor area and the transplanted hair? You want to write all these numbers down and compare them to what other clinics have to say. Once you have about a dozen evaluations you should see a pattern start to develop. Cross the pattern to what you see others are saying online. Maybe your percentage of loss will be even greater then 50%. You don't know you need the numbers first and foremost because when you start getting past 50% then the result tends to look ridiculous and in that case you are better off looking normal.

The more information you gather over time the better you will be at figuring out what the truth is and if this is a good idea or not. And of course view hair transplant work in person most especially those cases with extensive loss. Pictures and videos online do not even come close to real life and that should be the test. What does this actually look like when I am within a social distance? Is it an improvement or is it a step backwards. Good luck in your research.

Nick.............Jean dislikes this comment. He doesn't want you asking too many questions. He doesn't want you to see dozens of patients with similar hair loss patterns who have had surgery and view them at a social distance. He doesn't want you to understand the math because the math might not add up and then you will not sign up. Jean would like you to just take his word for it. All you need to do as look at the history of his postings on any forum and ask yourself why would any normal 23 year old kid being doing this on a daily basis? Even with that first mistake I made at 23 I was spending my time dating women.............well because I was 23 and that is normal. Now that I am 54 I like to spend my time teaching others and passing on my life experience because that too is normal.

I would suggest using logic.

Last edited:

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think a transplant is worth it for you. Hair piece might work better.

I would never consider that, I'd rather have my head shaved than go down a hair piece route, when I went to advanced air studio the guy tried to sell that crap to me, but called if some strand by strand treatment with loads of glorified words, refusion treatment of the hairs etc,

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You want to ask about numbers if you go for a consultation. How much hair will you lose in your lifetime versus how much hair you will have left on your head? Then how much of that hair left can be used for a hair transplant covering what area percentage of hair loss and at what percentage of original density?

For example if you lost 50% of your hair which is about 20,000 fu how much would you have left and that number would be about 20,000. How much can you take from that donor area and still be safe long term? Will the donor area thin and how does that affect the available number in the donor area and the transplanted hair? You want to write all these numbers down and compare them to what other clinics have to say. Once you have about a dozen evaluations you should see a pattern start to develop. Cross the pattern to what you see others are saying online. Maybe your percentage of loss will be even greater then 50%. You don't know you need the numbers first and foremost because when you start getting past 50% then the result tends to look ridiculous and in that case you are better off looking normal.

The more information you gather over time the better you will be at figuring out what the truth is and if this is a good idea or not. And of course view hair transplant work in person most especially those cases with extensive loss. Pictures and videos online do not even come close to real life and that should be the test. What does this actually look like when I am within a social distance? Is it an improvement or is it a step backwards. Good luck in your research.

Nick.............Jean dislikes this comment. He doesn't want you asking too many questions. He doesn't want you to see dozens of patients with similar hair loss patterns who have had surgery and view them at a social distance. He doesn't want you to understand the math because the math might not add up and then you will not sign up. Jean would like you to just take his word for it. All you need to do as look at the history of his postings on any forum and ask yourself why would any normal 23 year old kid being doing this on a daily basis? Even with that first mistake I made at 23 I was spending my time dating women.............well because I was 23 and that is normal. Now that I am 54 I like to spend my time teaching others and passing on my life experience because that too is normal.

To be fair I know I be lucky to have my hair into my 40's, and at that stage I would just shave it off but at the moment Im 27 in my prime when I'm out and about, looking for a chica, I've held out as long as I could I've been balding since 17 so 10 years on luckily it wasn't aggressive like some, and at the moment I don't see how an hair transplant could be a step back unless I get butchered however I plan to have it done by Dr Tayfun in Turkey who seems to have many happy patients and 20yrs of experience, he has said my donor would be enough.

If I can extend my hair until the age of 37 thats me done! Then it's time for the razor, hopefully by that stage Il have a wifey, get then wedding vows in hair or no hair lol

Big L

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Logic would suggest that you should stop posting misleading posts. Thanks

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Logic would suggest that you should stop posting misleading posts. Thanks

Logic would tell you that is for the readers who are actually doing research to decide. If it doesn't make sense to them they will dismiss it. Those that don't like too much truth and let the world know it.............expose themselves.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was it this confusing for everyone attempting to get a hair transplant?

Harley street - No, Donor area too sparse
Advanced HC- Yes - plenty of hair, bla bla bla
Maral Kilnik - Yes - I have grade loss 7 and I need two sessions, second after one year.
Clinic Hair - Yes - two sessions - 6-7000 grafts in two sessions split over four days.
Fue Hairline clinic - Yes - however only 2500 grafts can be extracted from donor. - Sent a pic of a guy with overharvested donor.

and last but not least the one which I am drawn to

GetHair - Dr Tayfun - who has said a 4200 grafts in one session, and I am a very ideal candidate & that he forecasts a succesful op.

However I cant find much evidence on here especially of his work. Considering he has been around for 20 years and his experience. However the reviews for get hair are actually pretty good.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look into Dr Cinik. I've seen some good work for advanced loss cases like yours from him. Only 1990 Euro as well.

You won't get full coverage I hope you know

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was it this confusing for everyone attempting to get a hair transplant?

It is confusing for those that don’t understand the math and don’t understand the room for error is zero. This is why you better absolutely be sure you have the right clinic and not end up in some sh*thole because all these posters seem to be talking about it. It all sounds nice until it’s too late.

If you are a real poster all you have to do is the math then post the numbers. How much work can that possibly be? I have to qualify this by asking you if you are a real prospective patient because the marketers are constantly creating prospective patients who are illusory in nature but create forum action and social proof. The tell is if the patient you are giving logical advice to suddenly attacks. This is a pattern marketers use to control the narrative. Now it seems a dislike button gives them an illusory sense of credibility.

Put some plastic wrap on your head. Now trace out the area you would like to cover with a marker. Now place it on a table and measure it with a ruler. What is the area in sq cm? Let’s say it’s approximately 150 sq/cm then at 50% density of about 40 fu/cm you would need 6000 fu. But maybe you don’t have that much. Now you need the number for the density of the donor? What percentage can you take allowing for natural loss of hair there too? Do the numbers match up or do you need to make the recipient area smaller or density lower? As those numbers go down the more like sh*t a hair transplant would look so then you would have to reconsider but you need the numbers and you can do much of that yourself. Who better to trust then yourself?

This is just the reality and of course marketers are going to dislike it because you might not sign up but having the information will help you decide.

Something like this and measure it. Get the numbers and trust what you get on paper with your own hand.

Right about now the marketers are saying I wish this Topcat guy would STFU because they don't want you measuring your head and doing the math and figuring it out on your own...........so they will just dislike the post. How can one poster give me almost 50 dislikes? Logically what is that about?

Last edited:

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look into Dr Cinik. I've seen some good work for advanced loss cases like yours from him. Only 1990 Euro as well.

You won't get full coverage I hope you know

Enquired with them, they said 3300- 3800 grafts to cover 80% of my baldness, I know il never get a 16year old head of hair

jumpfrog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nick have you actually had an in person consult with any of the surgeons? They really need to inspect the entire donor area with those magnifying glasses (not sure what they are called). Measure the diameter of the hairs, see how many 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4s you have, check for miniaturisation, etc, etc. They will then put the cling film on your head, mark recipient area out and then do a proper calculation based on density. You also need an in depth discussion with them. Mine took 1 hr 30. You can't do any of this with online consults. You'll only get a rough idea (as you have fond out). I did a consult with a sales rep/consultant in Harley St and it was a waste of time, personally I would avoid all clinics in UK as they are overpriced, love to do celebrities, and appear in articles in the Daily Mail in shameless self promotion. Yes, a proper consult with a reputable surgeon will cost a couple of hundred quid but its worth it. I hope this helps.