Harist's Story - ( 25 /pics included!)

jokoj

Reaction score
Comment

No problem, harist.

My bad on the Revivogen and the reference to Minoxidil. Had it confused with something else. However, a look at their website reveals that it's basic claim to fame is based on two ingredients: Saw Palmetto and Azelaic Acid. As I said before about SP, according to the doctors I've had discussions with and mainstream information available on the internet, this natural, supposed remedy is mostly pseudoscience and does nothing to fight hairloss. Azelaic Acid does though, in fact, have a few studies behind it. I simply object to paying over $30. bucks a month for the privilege of using what costs the Revivogen folks pennies.

BTW, Britannia. Thanks for playing the gotcha game. Typical Pom. $30. plus a month vs. the $5. I pay for generic 5% minoxidil are fairly far apart - unless you don't consider 6 times the price more expensive.

Regarding the other things you're thinking of adding to your regimen, I firmly believe that you'd be better off sticking to the proven and widely studied. Minoxidil, Propecia or Dutasteride, Nizoral, Copper Peptides. I won't malign your avoidance of pills, but only will point out that between the things you put on your head (which are absorbed into your body to a certain extent), the pesticides and chemicals that you ingest with the food you eat, etc., you are taking in a multitude of potentially harmful chemicals every day. The primary ingredient in Propecia has been studied, and continues to be studied, for harmful effects and none have been identified. 2-3 side effects which were barely above placebo have been publicized, but please show me any meds in which there are no reported side effects for a very small minority. Good luck.

As I said before, my goal is not to debate or play gotcha, but to hopefully save you some time, money, and emotional trauma (not to mention hair), by pointing out that there are many snake oil salesmen out there in the +1 billion dollar hair meds business who prey on the fears and ignorance of the suffering. By being an informed consumer you don't have to be a victim.

Hang in there.

jokoj

Reaction score
Addendum re Toppik

I think Toppik is a great product. Not necessarily the end all, but pretty darn good at what it's designed to do - camouflage.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
askas said:
Anyway,why not?you have nothing to lose if you use finasteride.Side effects are for 5 mg,not for 1.They are quite rare.And I would suggest add minoxidil too. :)
Then wait for 2 years,and then decide whether to make one more hair transplant.
Your hair is good in frontal side,so the problem is back imo.
Good luck.

I do use 1 mg and still have sides. Are you Propecia-seller ?

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Harist,
I think your attitude is great and I also think that if you get on finasteride and stick it out for a year, then you will see very good results. Contrary to what peopel say, there are many men who go bald very early, it sucks but believe me life could be far worse.
Topicals don't cut it for diffuse thinners, especially when the thinning has progressed.
It is very important to understand that finasteride does have some very rare risk of side effects, but most of these sides will go away. Also, for reasons unknown, finasteride seems to not work for a minority of users. Most important is to understand that hair grows in cycles and finasteride takes time to effect those cycles, therefore, you cannot conclude anything on the "results" of finasteride until 12 months of use.
I say start finasteride ASAP, male pattern baldness is progressive so the earlier the better. Stick to regular nizoral use and add in just one (maybe two) topicals that are designed for regrowth, minoxidil is my choice.
Jeff, that post I saw of yours was not very thoughtful. How would you feel if someone said the same sort of thing about you? I am not sure when you made that post, but I hope you realize that you need to consider a person's emotions before posting something. It made me very angry when I read those comments.

harist

Reaction score
i will be getting soon back for feedback on my cause after 6 months using propeccia

cuebald

Reaction score
Re: harist' story - (pics included)

should have got on finasteride