Hardcore shed of doom

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_9136.jpg

Just from this morning, after about a minutes worth of running my hands through the hair pre shower. Would be interested to see what amount others get

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
View attachment 34985

Just from this morning, after about a minutes worth of running my hands through the hair pre shower. Would be interested to see what amount others get
Are you using new treatments or minoxidil? I am back on minoxidil foam every other day and I am shedding like a dog now. I have not shed like this in a long time.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using new treatments or minoxidil? I am back on minoxidil foam every other day and I am shedding like a dog now. I have not shed like this in a long time.

I'm just on 1mg dutasteride (plus 30,000mg biotin) have kept it consistent for a while now, crazy sheds come and go like this, and to go through isn't it?!

violetfluff

Reaction score
That looks like combing my hair during the peak of my finasteride shed after having a shower and letting it dry

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how often do you use dutasteride & did you just start using it

every day alternating between 1mg and 0.5 mg. have used it for years, adding finasteride in as well for periods

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update, after almost exacty 2 months that insane shed started tapering off the last week and is now almost totally stopped. Good news, lets hope that some regrowth with stronger hairs will follow

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Just an update, after almost exacty 2 months that insane shed started tapering off the last week and is now almost totally stopped. Good news, lets hope that some regrowth with stronger hairs will follow
I started shedding too around the same time as you and its tapered off as well. I had to stop the minoxidil. Just could not stand the facial swelling. My skin has improved dramatically since I am off it. I also stopped using Avodart about 5 weeks ago too and just sticking with finasteride. I have a diffuse pattern all over now. If my hair is dry, its not really noticeable but when its wet its horrible. I am hoping I will recover from my shed to at least back to was it was last year.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding too around the same time as you and its tapered off as well. I had to stop the minoxidil. Just could not stand the facial swelling. My skin has improved dramatically since I am off it. I also stopped using Avodart about 5 weeks ago too and just sticking with finasteride. I have a diffuse pattern all over now. If my hair is dry, its not really noticeable but when its wet its horrible. I am hoping I will recover from my shed to at least back to was it was last year.

Sounds exactly the same as my situation, hair has taken a big hit in two months, what gives me hope is it's thinned but not progressed in a pattern so am hoping it is a shed that will regrow. Lets hope we both see some improvement mate

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Those are long hairs so they seems a lot, but to me that is a normal Androgenetic Alopecia shed, nothing too extreme to be honst, 40-50 hairs