Hard To Accept I'll Probably Be Bald In A Year

blackg

Reaction score
Look not that I’m trying to be I unsympathetic. I went bald at 16. So I actually understand a lot of what you are saying.

However, you are 25 and you are an adult. You should be focusing on having a career and future life choices. Talking about how not having a social life makes you want to die is ridiculous. You sound like a kid in HIghschool. I hate to break it to you but that time in your life is over and not because of hair loss; you are just too old to think like that.

As far as dating goes. Keep yourself in shape and don’t get fat. You probably won’t be dating any Brad Pitts but as I said plenty of guys out there get overlooked by a lot of women. If you want someone to look past your physical flaws, you should be willing to do the same.

Honey, I’m sorry but having that attitude at your age is immature and won’t benefit anyone. We all have things we want to change about our appearance.
25 is not too old to expect some kind of social life.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_6985.jpg

@CopeForLife

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
25 is not too old to expect some kind of social life.

Yes but it is too old to have that be the focal point of your life. In addition the kind of “social life” that would be effected by being bald is not something one should be involved in after HIghschool and college.

blackg

Reaction score
Yes but it is too old to have that be the focal point of your life. In addition the kind of “social life” that would be effected by being bald is not something one should be involved in after HIghschool and college.
Who makes all these rules?

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

1st that person was actually banned.

Yes there are always exceptions and rare hyper responders. But they are the exception rather than the norm. Noticeable regrowth is quite rare even with dutasteride.

In the study done done my Merc with propecia participants only regrew about 100 hairs in 6 months. FYI most men have 100,000 hairs on their head.

Please don’t spread false info about Meds. It’s irresponsible and causes people to have unrealistic expectations.

Again Meds are more to prevent future loss rather than regrowth.

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who makes all these rules?

Society... pretty sad to see a 25 year old hanging out at a college bar. You are not a child/ young adult after a certain age. There is a societal standard to how you should act

blackg

Reaction score
Society... pretty sad to see a 25 year old hanging out at a college bar. You are not a child/ young adult after a certain age. There is a societal standard to how you should act
When I was drinking at my college bar on a Friday night I would often gravitate towards the older crowd.

I found that the ex-students in the room always seemed to have the most interesting perspective on life.
They would do okay with the female students too.

diseasedrat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost over 300 hairs today and I keep shedding more and more every day. My hairline is quickly receding, my thoughts go from hopeful to more and more depressed everyday. The thing is I'm treating it with minxodil and finasteride. Iv'e been on finasteride for nearly 8 months and I'm going to give it longer but I don't have peace of mind since my hair is falling so quickly.

I'm literally at a loss for what to do, I can't accept going bald at 22. I've been doing well this year at uni but I think this might end up affecting my performance for next exams. I know I keep saying it but I can't mentally accept what's happening to me it feels surreal, I feel like I'm going to go crazy and I just want out somehow.

As weak as it'll sound I'm shaking a bit as I post this.

give that sh*t a couple more months.. if it is still shredding your hair, drop it like a brick. Hopefully you will regain some of what you lost. If you are really losing THAT much hair, it's probably Telogen Effluvium from the finasteride.