Hang on with your Treatments! It's worth it!

Maxine

Reaction score
Hi! Havent' posted here in a while. Just wanted to give an update. I've been using Rogaine 2% daily, and 5% with azaelic acid (called Xandrox solution) nightly plus Nizoral for over 4 months now and guess what? It has been worth the initial shedding they said I'd go through, the itchy scalp, and the extra facial hair I have had to deal with. (I just use a mild depillatory once a week on my side burns and mustache.)
I no longer have a see-through scalp and even have some hair growing back along the parietal areas (on sides of head). This is exciting. My hair was thinning all over. It used to be all over the kitchen floor, on the bathroom carpet....everywhere! Of course I'm older (43) and have been through a hysterectomy so I'm not worried about pregnancy so I had no reason to fear the chemicals. I ordered the Xandrox from Dr. Lee at Minoxidil.com This website is not bogus and I am proof of this.
My hair is not perfect yet. It's still not "luxuriously" thick but some of my coworkers and my husband and daughter have commented on how much thicker it has gotten. I cut it a little shorter so that the ends could catch up with the top and it's looking better. While I'm no Kirsty Alley now, at least I am not embarrassed anymore. Rogaine IS a good treatment for women with Androgenetic Alopecia so if some of the newbie ladies out there are doubtful, hang in there and stick with your treatment! At least give it 4 months before you decide to ditch the Rogaine. You WILL shed in the beginning months but then....oh yeah....the magic happens. Hope this offers encouragement to some of you. Hair loss sucks. I know.
hugs and best wishes,
Maxine :)

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxine, you are a breath of fresh air!!!! It is so nice to hear that Rogaine is working for someone... I find a lot of people here are in the same boat I am....still going through initial shedding but not much more. Yay...there is a light at the end of the tunnel..... I will keep you in mind in the mornings and evenings when I'm picking my loose hairs off my sweater and brush....thank you....

G

Hi Maxine!

I agree with Rozzy, it is nice to see someone that is having some luck come back and inform all of us :)

Please let us know how you are doing periodically!

Laura

G

Rogaine working for me too!

:D Hi, Rogaine works for me too!! My hair is filling in where it used to be SO thin, It looks so nice! NO one would know it used to be thin. In less than two months, I have new hairs all over the top! You have to keep using it. Just like brushing and flossing teeth. We do all these things to stay clean, healthy and look nice.

G

Hi Smueller,

I'm glad to hear about your regrowth. Could you possibly register by clicking on the top right "Register" button as opposed to posting as a guest? It would be very helpful, and you get some benefits with it as well :) Such as a nice avatar to choose from and an email notification as to when someone replies to your posts!

Laura

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxine,
That is AWESOME!!! :)

G

lasercomb

I have been struggling for many years wth hair loss but have been attempting to treat it about 1.5 years. I have recently added the lasercomb and I feel it as made a significant difference particularly in the areas that were most sparse. Iam of course still using crinagen, revivogen, nizoral, tricomin conditioner, omega 3 fatty acids. :D :D

Maxine

Reaction score
RE: Laser Comb

Hi Lg. I would LOVE a lazer comb but can't afford the cost right now. I need to save my money and buy one. They cost around $600-$900 right?
Yikes......
M

thrilhouse

Reaction score
Hi smueller,
Hope you are still reading this forum! My question is how long have you been using rogaine and are you using 2% or 5%? Are you still shedding?
I have been using 2% for 3 weeks now and I am shedding as much as I was before and see no improvent! Please let me know!
- Stacey

G

Thrilhouse,

Shedding can last a long time, up to 6 weeks or even more. After a while, it should slow down.

Laura

thrilhouse

Reaction score
Maxine,
Your posts are giving me hope. I have Androgenetic Alopecia induced by telogen effluvium by losing too much weight too fast. I tstarted coming out in the first week of Augusr and has been relentless ever since! I was shedding 300 and more for awhile, and it went down to 100+ and has stayed that way for a couple months. I started spironolactone three months ago, and haven't really seen much improvement, but I was told it could take six months. I have lost hair all over my head equally bad, my hair is see through! My question is how bad was your hairloss when you started your latest regimen? Also I have ordered the Xandrox you mentioned as it has worked for you! Thanks for sharing your success here and giving us all hope!

- Stacey

G

rogaine

HI, I have been using Rogaine for two months. Shedding was more for a few weeks, but it is all but gone now. I have new hairs. You have to give it many months. Hair takes a long time. It has a cycle. The hairs that fall out would come out soon. They were the oldest. I am on the 2%. I went to the dermatologist before starting it. I had a thyroid test done also. I am very happy with the Rogaine and I will never stop using it. Remember, takes time. You should go to the Rogaine site and learn all you can. I also get a little newsletter from them every couple of weeks by email. Good luck! :lol:

thrilhouse

Reaction score
Hi smueller,
Thanks for replying. Do you mind me asking if you have Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium? My shedding is the same as it was before the rogiane. I don't know if my effluvium is still here or what! I've checked for EVERYTHING, and still it falls. I can't even leave the house without a hat! It still comes out easily when I run my fingers through it, and when I shower and comb, forget it it's a nightmare. I thought that if Telogen Effluvium set off a genetic problem in the follicles that they had to go back to "zero" to start the genetic thinning? What happened to that theory? Anyone?

- Satcey

Sally A

Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia

Hi, I think I have Androgenetic Alopecia. It is the genetic SLOW loss on top. Took years to look thin. I just saw a photo of how I looked before the Rogaine. YEEHAW. I sure look different now. I am very happy with Rogaine!!! I have been on it about two months. Maybe a bit more now. I was losing quite a bit while washing my hair too. Then it slowed down and now I shed very little. Just a bit., you have to shed a bit. All hair dies and regrows. It is very scary, but if you have seen a doctor and she recommended the Rogaine, you should just keep it up. I use 2% twice a day. I use Rogaine shampoo and conditioner. I sometimes use the conditioner that comes with my hair color too. Love that stuff. Keep in touch :)

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
wow... I wonder if the thickening of my eyebrows and faster growth of my hair all over my body means that the Rogaine is working.... so far none on top of my head though....

Reaction score
I too have been using Rogaine 2% on and off for about 6 months now. Initially I used it for about two months and the shedding slowed incredibly. Then I stopped because I felt that it wasn't working.

Well, I don' t know if it was all in my head or not....but a couple of months after I stopped using the Rogaine, I noticed more scalp :freaked2: So once again, I started. Mind you, I only use the Rogaine once a day, but have noticed that my hair grows faster, my eyebrows are fuller and my facial hair has also increased.....BUT.....I don't know if I have regrowth. I assume that these are indications that Rogaine is working systemically,however just maybe not where I want it too....

I keep serching for new hair growth right in the temporal area of my scalp because that is where it is most prominent. From what I've heard this is the hardest place to regrow....I still don't see regrowth or even tiny little hairs....so I wait....

G

Hi,
I just started using Minoxidil (spelling?) and I was wondering if it is the Same as Rogain? I'm on the 5%. After hearing your success...i hope that it is or has the same sort of effect..HAIR! I'm 21, and desperate for something to work...been been experiencing this for about 2 years.
Thanx...hope people are still checking this thread out.