Halloween is Coming...I guess I could go as The Wolf Girl

Maxine

Reaction score
Hi...only one problem with the hair regrowth. Hair is proliferating on my face...my GOD!!! I was warned about 5% Rogaine doing that and IS doing it's job! Fine soft dark hairs are plaguing my neck, under my chin and the sides of my eyebrows. It seems to be growing in faster than the hair on my head...oooooh this is a nasty side effect but ya know what? I'd rather deal with this than continue to shed. I am only getting 25-50 hairs a day now. Some days less than that! Yes, there is some improvement but still a ways to go. I am still very thin on the sides of my head and I don't hold out much hope for that since the research I've read says that regrowth other than at the top of the head for women is pretty hopeless. Oh well....Dr. Lee gave me a RX for Vaniqua which is a facial hair inhibitor. I can't afford it right now though. It costs $100!!!! (insurance will not cover either cuz it's cosmetic) So, HOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Happy Halloween from your WOLFGIRL!!!!!
Maxine :lol:

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Maxine. Just been reading your posts. Glad to hear of progress. How did you go about getting the Xandrox (or did I miss that?). I went to the website and they say you have to have a prescrip or a consultation w/the doctor?
keep it up!!!

Maxine

Reaction score
Yes, Lentara. All you have to do is print out the history form on Dr. Lee's website, fill it out and mail it back to him snail. He reviews your medical history and then approves you for a prescripition for the Xandrox or any other solutions he has. He is very nice. He will answer your email with any questions you have. Like I said, I'm not "there" yet in regards to my hair looking the way I'd like. I've only been doing treatment since August and my hair still has alot of thin spots especially the sides of my head. My hair is fine and brittle also and grows very very slowly and breaks off easily. (inspite of taking vitamins and good nutrition and using lots of conditioners and hair moisturizers) Even though I have had all the medical tests run, I still have a diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia...and I just have the curse of "BAD HAIR". :( But I'm trying. So that's what counts, right? Good luck to you! Let me know how you're doing!
Maxine

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
HALLOWEEN IS COMING...

MAXINE,
Thanks. Xandrox is my next step. This diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia just sucks.
Especially when the doctors tell you...well, it's genetic not a whole lot we can do!
I will keep you posted.
Thanks again.

lentara
minxodil 5% 2 x daily
nizoral 3 x a week
spironolactone 25 mg 1x a day