Hairstyles for receding temples - ideas?

Kacer91

Reaction score
Hi all

so im currently between a Norwood 2-2.5 at the moment

I wear my hair shaved on the sides and back with length on top, only issue is it really does reveal my hairline more than Id like

Is there any other styles that would help with this, ideal still short
Id love a cut like this but im not sure if it would work due to temple loss

ram.jpg

Any suggestions would be great!

Avocado

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a Norwood 2 or 2.5, not really sure. If I let my hair grow, I can hide my receding hairline. I think short hair suits me better than long hair, but my receding hairline sometimes make me want to grow it long again.

1_8.jpg

1_37.jpg

20150531_123602.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC09411.jpg

image201505140001.jpg

image201505140004.jpg

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Avocado, you must be joking. Thats a mature hairline! I doubt you have male pattern baldness.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
A caesur cut will easily hide most receding hair lines. But then you gotta think, is hiding it the most key or looking natural? Caesur cut doesn't look good on me and with the wind blowing it just makes it look worse on certain occasions. Nor is it a good style at the moment. Now I just push my hair up or a side parting, main thing is not to do an obvious comb over. I don't mind showing my recession so I have gone full circle in that respect.

Kacer91

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfpack

Im not too far gone at the moment so id like to cover as much as possible and get a good cut and make the most of it while its here

my hair is pretty thick on top i just have some temple recession

Cesar and an Ivy league hairstyle are the best iv seen at the moment

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not too gone either (Norwood 2.5 with thick hair). Ivy league cuts are definitely in, I do my own version of that to cover some recession. Back and sides are all taken off or number 1. Have to bear in mind face shape too. For me caesur looks bad but I hardly see anyone with it anyway. Side part/slight push up looks good and is in fashion. My gf agrees the later looks better despite some recession on show.

Experiment around and find what is most comfortable.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you really want to give the illsuion of a less receeded hairline, grow out your sides and push them forward to cover the temples. It's not that hard to do.

I say keep your hair short, I've never thought having a mop helps cover it.