Hairstyles for horseshoers

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Which look is a better for a Norwood 6-7: a totally bald or just a few cm-s to have something frame your face and show your hair color? What kind of a beard would look nice? Would a beard look nice?
Talk about hairstyles for horseshoe pattern balders here.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan of the shaved look. I think there are only a few guys who have a good head/face structure and good skin to pull it off. I think a tigh buzz at a 1 or 2 guard is best (not ideal of course, but best with what you've got). Beards look good if you can grow a quality one, if it comes in patchy or thin don't bother, length does not = density in regards to facial hair. A beard helps draw a person's eye down the face away from the scalp.

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
If its a full on Norwood 7 wet shave it right down as far you can otherwise each mm will make you look noticeably older. If its a Norwood 6 you MIGHT get away with letting the stubble grow for a couple of days. As for the beard, I'd probably advise a tidy goattee of some sort if you really must...dont overdo do it or youll look like a biker prick. Make sure it's but not a full on beard that grows on your cheeks with sideburns unless you want to look like a thug/rabbi.

Obsidian

Reaction score
You're getting ahead of yourself Fanjeera, you aren't even there yet.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
You're getting ahead of yourself Fanjeera, you aren't even there yet.
Yes, there are still two years to live :). I'm thinking of a regular 3 cm hair, colored brighter maybe to make it look better, or a shaved head with small sideburns and a small goatee or just a buzz cut with the beard as long as the hair.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I sincerely doubt you will be NW6 in two years, I don't even think that is physically possible.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Possible, but not likely. Hatprisoner claims he went from NW2 to NW6 in 2 years.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I used to buzz it down to just a few mm's, its got too be short but I find a totally bic'd slick head just looks too unnatural like a chemo patient or something. Also a bit of stubble is ok but never longer than the actual horseshoe hair.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well yes it is possible, but still for every case that is extreme there are 10 more that are usually just progressive.

satch5150

Reaction score
my brother went from Norwood 2.5 to NW5 6 in about 2 years. He was bald at 20, he is 25 now. I am 23 and still holding down to my diffuse NW2 but it's getting worse

As for the haircut. I think it' all depends on the individual person. Some will look better with clean shaved head. Some will look better with just little grown back (but not more tha 0.5 mm or sth). Beard is a possibility and also not shaving for like 3 days and trimming it with clippers. What won't work is growing it back to 1 cm and pretending you have hair. It looks horrible.

Important thing is to grab some sunglight once in a while. NW6 looks much better if the skin is tanned a bit. Horseshoe pattern won't "stick out" as much then (I am basing this on my brother's case)

cooliobeanz

Reaction score
not to sound ignorant..but if you have the horseshoe thing going on is styling that even a possibility?! I think a razor to your head would be the best course of action to take with a horseshoe....just my 2 cents.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
cooliobeanz said:
not to sound ignorant..but if you have the horseshoe thing going on is styling that even a possibility?! I think a razor to your head would be the best course of action to take with a horseshoe....just my 2 cents.
The question is: should it be razored or not?

debris

Reaction score
How about this? :)

kaneandlynchdeadmen780412801024_2.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Has Paxton had a hair transplant? he seemed to have less hair than that in weird science and that was like 23 yrs ago.