Hairstyles for horseshoers

Cassin

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Has Paxton had a hair transplant? he seemed to have less hair than that in weird science and that was like 23 yrs ago.

If he has its a damn good one and I would gladly get one like that.

Problem with toupees and hair transplant's is that people go over board and try to achieve a full Norwood 1 when Norwood-3ish styles work very well and blend in with age.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Cassin said:
s.a.f said:
Has Paxton had a hair transplant? he seemed to have less hair than that in weird science and that was like 23 yrs ago.

If he has its a damn good one and I would gladly get one like that.

Problem with toupees and hair transplant's is that people go over board and try to achieve a full Norwood 1 when Norwood-3ish styles work very well and blend in with age.

absolutely,i would never want to recreate my juvenile hairline,a nw2 with slightly receded temples would look really good on me i think.If anything id probably reuse my old hiding techniques that worked great when i had enough hair to cover the hairline,thatd be great.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Try telling that to the 22 yr old nw2's who are having hair transplant's.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Yeah that does piss me off when I saw this kid on hairlosshelp forums get a hair transplant at 21 to fill in his temples or even the guy at 26 who had stabilized his hair loss and got an NW1.5. If I could have my NW2 for the next 10 to 12 years and slowly become a NW3 like my uncle, I would have no worries.

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

I don't know, maybe he jumped on the Big three because even at the time Aliens came out in '86 his temples were heading north. It seemed he was losing it at snails speed though because I expected him to be bald sometime soon when I watch him in A Simple Plan.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm practically an NW6 now and what works best for me is using the clippers on 0 as far down as it goes. It leaves just the right amount of stubble. I don't believe in using the razor because come on, who are you gonna fool. I know it is supposed to decrease the contrast between hair vs. scalp but you can always tell. I like my facial hair to be just a tad longer than or equal to the 0 on the clippers. I never shave my face with a razor because I need the facial hair to anchor the balance on my face and it also defines my jawline, which helps me look more masculine. Always keep the neck hair razor shaved because neck stubble makes you look like a sleaze. I think bald with a goatee looks better on fatter guys, I'm skinny.
P.S. Obsidian, is that a picture of you in you're new avatar? If so then you look older/cooler than the original pic you showed before. Are those neck tats?

Obsidian

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'm practically an NW6 now and what works best for me is using the clippers on 0 as far down as it goes. It leaves just the right amount of stubble. I don't believe in using the razor because come on, who are you gonna fool. I know it is supposed to decrease the contrast between hair vs. scalp but you can always tell. I like my facial hair to be just a tad longer than or equal to the 0 on the clippers. I never shave my face with a razor because I need the facial hair to anchor the balance on my face and it also defines my jawline, which helps me look more masculine. Always keep the neck hair razor shaved because neck stubble makes you look like a sleaze. I think bald with a goatee looks better on fatter guys, I'm skinny.
P.S. Obsidian, is that a picture of you in you're new avatar? If so then you look older/cooler than the original pic you showed before. Are those neck tats?

Ha I wish I could be badass as this guy (Scott Kelly of Neurosis). I can grow facial hair like that now thanks to finasteride but my hair doesn't look that good right now. :thumbdown2:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Norsk said:
Possible, but not likely. Hatprisoner claims he went from NW2 to NW6 in 2 years.
Was he using Propecia at the same time he went that fast?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

UM, Can I see photos. I have seen you before and you are a handsome guy. I would just like to see your hair cut style.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
But really Fanjeera, this thread is kind of a joke because the only styles a horseshoer can wear are considered to be "joke" styles like the skullet or the combover. Everyone knows that shaving it is really the only sensible option and that has only been acceptable since the nineties. Don't get me wrong though because people shaved their heads before then but they were the exception. Cruel mothers would shave their kids head as punishment, but now it is considered a style (as long as you have a full head of hair and CHOOSE to shave it). I'm not sure anyone considers a man with male pattern baldness who shaves his head to have a hairstyle, more like a lack thereof. :(

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I've also thought of a hat. That can be considered a hairstyle too: not to show your hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Why don't you ask HatPrisoner if he thinks a hat is considered a hairstyle.lol.