Hairspray interference?

Snarfleflous

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but my search didn't really turn up anything. Is there any evidence that using hairsprays, etc. could interfere with the action of finasteride, minoxidil, or copper peptides? I've been lifting up my hair on the top of my head and using hair spray there shortly after applying minoxidil to give it some extra body. I'm sure quite a bit of it is coming into contact with my scalp. I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up by doing that, or if I should at least wait longer after applying the minoxidil, if not stop altogether.

G

i have no idea how it could interfere with the action of finasteride lol.

finasteride is an internal drug.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Snarfleflous said:
Is there any evidence that using hairsprays, etc. could interfere with the action of finasteride, minoxidil, or copper peptides? I've been lifting up my hair on the top of my head and using hair spray there shortly after applying minoxidil to give it some extra body. I'm sure quite a bit of it is coming into contact with my scalp. I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up by doing that, or if I should at least wait longer after applying the minoxidil, if not stop altogether.

I have been using hairspray in addition with finasteride for several years now and haven't noticed any problems with the effectivness of finasteride. More over, just recently, I have added minoxidil to my regimen and continued to use the hairspray. Although, I haven't encountered any reaction with the minoxidil and hairspray, I have noticed that sometimes the two together can make the hair difficult to manage. In addition, I feel that any sort of agents such as hairspray or gel you add to you hair or scalp could just potentially decrease the health of a good scalp or healthy hair. Thus it may just be important to use good quality shampoos or conditioners to maintain that healthy hair and scalp.

I only add copper peptides (Folligen) at night and don't have any interference.