Hairpiece (with human hair) really dry after a month, any tips?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ingredients listed doesn't mention silicone https://bswbeautyca.com/products/bonfi-natural-oil-free-wig-shine-8oz?variant=9012695760948 unless these other Ingredients are another definition for silicone
Screenshot_20211221-004938_1Gallery.jpg
Anything that ends in "methicone" is derived from silicone. They're playing on ignorance, much like calling a fried chicken sandwich "crispy" instead. It gives the impression that it's different from the unhealthy "fried" version cooked in grease....but it's exactly the same.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just googled CYCLOMETHICONE ...some sort of silicone...
I won't mislead you :)

They advertise that it Penetrates hair and creates the most shine.

Hair cannot absorb silicone. However, it will create the most shine... because silicone is essentially encapslating the hair in a plastic like substance, which is very shiny..... But it also prevents you from adding any moisture to the hair....which is why its significantly more dry... a day or two after using...

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Jojoba oil? It's actually considered a wax. It's sold bottled in pure form. I use an eyedropper (from an old Rogaine bottle) to dispense about 1ml....which I run through damp hair.View attachment 174476
You put it on your hands and then run fingers through hair or how exactly?

Thanks!

Jojoba oil is sold everywhere yes. I used to use it for skin because someone advertised that it's like skin.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You put it on your hands and then run fingers through hair or how exactly?

Thanks!

Jojoba oil is sold everywhere yes. I used to use it for skin because someone advertised that it's like skin.
It's Iike skin? Not sure what that means. It's the absolute closest substance to that of natural sebum excreted by your scalp.

Yes, don't overthink it.
Add about a milliliter to your hands, rub them together and run it through damp hair.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I totally have a salon do it. They told me this would happen after a month or so so that's how often I went for them to fix and reattach. But it tended to happen after just 2-3 weeks so I now go there every 3 weeks. It varies based on your scalp and the piece itself.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't find any shampoo that doesnt have sulfates or silicone in it besides for pro series shampoo. is that seriously the only option?

also, can using a silicone shampoo on a system permanently mess it up or can it recover with proper shampoo and conditioner?

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wash the hair piece with baby shampoo 2-3 times per week and use two conditioners after shampoo. The first conditioner contains coconut oil and I leave it in for a few mins before rinsing it thoroughly with lukewarm or cold water. After that, I use a wide-tooth comb to brush through the wet hair carefully. This is to remove any tangles. If tangles keep stuck, I use an Argan oil spray ( Ghost Mist ) and remove the remaining tangles with that. Then towel-dry the hair about 50% and apply leave-in conditioner. After that just let the hair dry naturally. Doing so instead of blow-drying keeps the hair soft.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It's Iike skin? Not sure what that means. It's the absolute closest substance to that of natural sebum excreted by your scalp.

Yes, don't overthink it.
Add about a milliliter to your hands, rub them together and run it through damp hair.
Are leave-in conditioners also better, if used on damp hair?