HairMax Lasercomb, Does it Work?

Reaction score
Just dropped $500+ on a lasercomb, figured it cant hurt only help and I have the money. I've seen a lot of success stories with it on the internet but next to none on this forum? What is your guys' take on this? I figure its a big expense but I'm going to be spending around that much a year on propecia or rogaine anyways. Thoughts?

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
It's useless, best case scenario, next to useless. Get proscar, split in 4, get generic 5% minoxidil and you get under a 1$ a day hair loss regimen. You can even add Nizoral and it's still under 1$.

Reaction score
It's useless, best case scenario, next to useless. Get proscar, split in 4, get generic 5% minoxidil and you get under a 1$ a day hair loss regimen. You can even add Nizoral and it's still under 1$.

Money is not a issue in my case and I prefer the name brand stuff.

ON TOPIC: Why have there been countless success stories online about the hairmax? Even NBC did a news segment on the benefits and hair transplant doctors prescribe it to patients after treatment.

shookwun

Reaction score
Igrow and beats by Dre headphones.

$_35.JPG

Reaction score
Nobody uses it almost here, so what does that say you?

I guess it says people on here prefer not to use it which confuses me because there has been success and actual science behind it. Also zero side effects. I guess I will have to see for myself and post back results.

- - - Updated - - -

Igrow and beats by Dre headphones.

$_35.JPG

You literally troll 80% of the threads I view. You've been on this site for 5 years man, grow up.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it says people on here prefer not to use it which confuses me because there has been success and actual science behind it. Also zero side effects. I guess I will have to see for myself and post back results.

Who wouldn't prefer to use a treatment that grows hair with zero side effects on everyone on a forum like this? Draw your conclusion.

It might only somewhat stimulate anagen thereby influencing your anagen/telogen ratio. Nothing more. On average approximately ~7-15% of hair follicles reside in telogen on a human scalp.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a newbie so you have some enthusiasm. But for sure, lasers are garbage. Looking at what what was reported on a news channel (it's on youtube) or the manufacturer's (hairmax) site is not a good strategy. In the clinical trials, the placebo group outdid those on lasers at one point.

Don't get me wrong, it may help your hair feel a bit healthier and grow faster, but nothing great. It is next to useless for male pattern baldness. And internationally renowned surgeons have said they haven't seen any significant improvement when it was offered to patients after hair transplants.

Lastly, it is FDA approved for safety, not efficacy. Unlike finasteride and minoxidil.

I can't believe this iGrow, you would think Apple would patent the i. Hmm.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use to have one several years ago similar to laser comb, only it had the addition of these acupuncture like needles - but I never noticed any results.
The needles I think was kinda good for the scalp to stimulate blood flow, but it's annoying holding it to your head daily - I like the Igrow idea though just because of this.
If you want light I think the best thing is some sunlight on the scalp - no too much though.