Hairlosstalk Is A Shill For Finasteride

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
This site promotes finasteride. It's one giant advertising scheme to sell and convince you to buy hair loss products.

I bet the drug companies even have people post fake posts showing off their results. Free advertising.

So you have the genetics that cause hair loss? Be fully aware that all cures out there have one thing in common. Feminizing properties.

My personal advice from experience. Don't meddle with mother nature.

Richest man on the planet is bald. Owns it. You should too.

Stay stiff, keep healthy sperm and manhood, don't sacrifice your dick to make someone else's wallet bigger.

Peace.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Allow me to elaborate in detail the side effects that hair loss drugs cause:

Source: FDA trial reports of finasteride.
Not just the prostate shrinks. Many parts of your manhood do. Seminal vessicle. Tubing. There's a reason why men who are detail oriented notice a change to their semen. It DOES become more watery, and it can impair fertility.

Impotence: this is a range. Anywhere between not getting spontaneous erections. Not being able to keep it stiff during sex. Loss of morning wood. Not as strong of erections when you get them. Erections that quickly go away. Not being able to get an erection at all.

Testicle ache. This is the most underated side effect. It's real. Left nut every time. Achy.

Brain fog. Finasteride caused all sorts of neurological side effects too. Brain fog is a catch all term but let's just say there's a disconnect and lack of focus being in the now. A delay if you will. Sure it wouldn't interrupt your ability to type and write. But speaking and having a conversation live - you're doomed.

Last but not least. Tiredness. Morning tiredness. Less drive.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil

To keep it short. It messes with your heart. Doesn't really work the way you'd want it to. I would honestly rather just take finasteride and deal with those side effects.

Taking a pill is easy. And if you don't notice or have any side effects you've got it made.

Also taking a pill is more discrete. Does not stain your pillows. Doesn't make your hair dependent on some weird chemical that only produces 1 inch long arm hair on the top of your head.

Finasteride is greater than minoxidil.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Keto shampoo.

Is this still a thing?

Causes gynecomastia. Doesn't actually work at all. It's prescribed to cure fungus. Different type of skin issue and not the same as male pattern baldness hair loss.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Conclusion.

If you want to try and stop your hair loss I actually recommend taking finasteride.

Some pharmacy plans have proscar for the prostate cost 20 dollars for 30 5mg pills. Cut it up in 1/4ths. Super cheap method. If you're paying more than 20 dollars for a 3 month supply you're being robbed.

Just be aware there's a lot of fake garbage out there. Don't trust anyone on these forums. You don't know who is feeding you the information and what their motives are.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto shampoo.

Is this still a thing?

Causes gynecomastia. Doesn't actually work at all. It's prescribed to cure fungus. Different type of skin issue and not the same as male pattern baldness hair loss.
Can you destroy RU too. You missed it

Reactions: -G-

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Risk benefit is definitely worth it for some. Some don't get sides at all. I once met a random old dude at the subway and I asked him if he was using anything. He said proscar lol

On the other hand finasteride is the only chance, e.g for me

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
So you think fina is better than minoxidil yet are aware of the risks of fina which are more serious imo.

A pill is more practical of course but isn't worth it at that cost of your heath.

Yes I took both separately at different times.
I lasted 8 years on finasteride - kept an active sex life and my hair. But I had side effects. I even went to the hospital to have my testicle checked once. I went soft in the middle of sex if it wasn't feeling just right. No morning wood. I was in denial that I wasn't having side effects. I started the drug at 18 so what would I know? I thought impotence meant you couldn't get it up at all. I quit the drug so I could give blood. And to confirm I was losing hair, and to see how it felt. It had been 8 years so I was curious. My erections noticeably changed so I decided it wasn't to be anymore. It took a good 3-4 years for my hair loss to become noticeable to others after quitting. A year of that was because I started minoxidil. I lasted 10 months on minoxidil. Couldn't run / do cardio without chest pains. Dark eyes. It was irritating the skin both foam and liquid. Started with the foam. My face was getting super puffy. The side effects on finasteride sound scary but I'd take them over minoxidil any day. But it seems like only 10 percent of men or so (approximately) get sides. Between them it seemed like finasteride worked better.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
So you think fina is better than minoxidil yet are aware of the risks of fina which are more serious imo.

A pill is more practical of course but isn't worth it at that cost of your heath.

I think so yeah. Minoxidil made me feel worse between the two. And it was kind of messy. And a hassle. It took too much time. Finasteride worked all by itself. It was a vitamin to me, and I was tolerating it while I was on it. I just didn't make the right connections to be aware that it had an impact on my body.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe it's much more than 10% who get sides from fina. (multiple polls for example with hundreds of people resulted in 50%+ reporting sides from fina)

It's not only libido or ed but also brainfog and anhedonia. Fina fcks with your neurosteroids and other processes in your body. But yeah minoxidil is sh*t too of course but compared to fina I think minoxidil is much safer for most people.

Also there are other options. Did you try anthing else besides minoxidil and fina? If your hairloss isn't too aggressive you can try zix.

10 percent is fair. Finasteride is a very popular and profitable drug for the pharmaceutical industry. If 10 out of a 100 people are going to say anything about the drug it's going to be more likely the people having side effects.

I'm already bald. Unless there's something that literally regrows dormant follicles from a slick bald state nothing is going to work.

I'm not really interested in taking drugs. All drugs have pros and cons. I believe natural is always best.

I've got a family. Kids. In my 30s. Being bald is part of my identity now. Good shaped head. Physically fit. I actually in many ways look better bald.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's much more than 10% who get sides from fina. (multiple polls for example with hundreds of people resulted in 50%+ reporting sides from fina)

It's not only libido or ed but also brainfog and anhedonia. Fina fcks with your neurosteroids and other processes in your body. But yeah minoxidil is sh*t too of course but compared to fina I think minoxidil is much safer for most people.

Also there are other options. Did you try anthing else besides minoxidil and fina? If your hairloss isn't too aggressive you can try zix.
As far as I am aware finasteride is being prescribed for more than one million in US only.
Taking into consideration that possibly 50% of them got sides would make 500k people and if that was the case the drug would be off the shelves way too long ago. Even Vioxx wasn't that bad afaik

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the Japanese long term study is a good place a start as it has a big sample size, age and it lasted for 10 years. I believe the sides were somewhere in the 6-7% range and let's roll that to 10%. I don't think it can be more but it certainly isn't 2% in my experience.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say the Japanese long term study is a good place a start as it has a big sample size, age and it lasted for 10 years. I believe the sides were somewhere in the 6-7% range and let's roll that to 10%. I don't think it can be more but it certainly isn't 2% in my experience.
Yes and if the 10 percent that have sides it's not all of them have severe enough sides to want or need to quit. They could simply be mild tolerable sides. I would argue my side effects were tolerable.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is bad, but hair loss is worse. Enough with this bullshit, either take it or leave it.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride is bad, but hair loss is worse. Enough with this bullshit, either take it or leave it.

Why is this discussion bullshit, and why would hair loss necessarily be worse? For you maybe. We know AR-inhibitors are bad, but the question is how bad. People should be able to make an informed decision about the risks involved, but it seems to me the risks are still far from clear. Mind you, I don't believe finasteride is literal poison, I'm sure plenty of people can tolerate it without side effects. But I don't think the studies are giving us the full picture either. We already know Merck lied and withheld information. As far as the independent studies are concerned, who knows. But a lot it just doesn't add up and I think there's value in discussing it as new studies and information come to light.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s my take.

Finasteride clearly isn’t healthy. If it were “healthy” or help your system overall people without hairloss would take it. The real question is how bad is it?

From what I’ve seen and experienced, not all too bad. Sure merck lied and withheld information and sure it was probably for profit... but does the drug work? I’d say its hard to argue it doesnt work. Now does it compromise your health? To some maybe, but to the majority, it doesn’t. Also I think the percentage that get sides is probably around 10%, 15% maximum. Finasteride has been on the market for over 20 years and there have been many many good (not perfect) studies that indicate this. Also there are a lot of doctors that use finasteride for themselves... if it were 50% (hit or miss) sides rate they wouldn’t prescribe it... at least I know my doctor wouldnt as he’s a very cautious person.

If you have been impacted by the sides then of course your not going to preach the drug as it almost fucked you up but to throw out numbers without studies while at the same time denying other studies that dont depict your reality is not right.