HairLossTalk.com Admin: I have a topical spironolactone question

jvantin1

Reaction score
I just ordered the topical 5-percent spironolactone cream and I'm so scared to use it. Have you EVER heard of shedding occurring with this stuff? I figure that since it's not growing hair, there should be no reason for shedding. But letme know what you think.

Thank you!

G

jvantin1 said:
I just ordered the topical 5-percent spironolactone cream and I'm so scared to use it. Have you EVER heard of shedding occurring with this stuff? I figure that since it's not growing hair, there should be no reason for shedding. But letme know what you think.

Thank you!

I have not seen spironolactone users reporting shedding here. But if so, what is the big deal. Shedding is a step on the way to regrowth.

:lol:

jvantin1

Reaction score
Because I'd rather keep what I have--which still looks like a normal amount--than shed and risk no regrowth. I've read plenty of posts about minoxidil causing shedding, with no regrowth.

Just comes down to whether you're a gambler.

G

jvantin1 said:
Because I'd rather keep what I have--which still looks like a normal amount--than shed and risk no regrowth. I've read plenty of posts about minoxidil causing shedding, with no regrowth.

Just comes down to whether you're a gambler.

The gamble is that if you don't use proven products such as minoxidil along with the propecia, you are ignoring one key element in dealing with male pattern baldness.

From a gambling perspective, you are taking lower odds when ignoring minoxidil.

Informed consent is all I am after.

BTW-the plenty of posts logic is not really logical.

I have read plenty of posts on plenty of subjects all without a shred of science behind them.

:lol: